Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fitbit Pay

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 04/10/2018 - Chase is now officially supported by Fitbit Pay! So, if you have a Chase Visa card, it can now be added to your Fitbit Wallet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/6/2017 - Note that Windows Pay is not yet available via the Windows 10 app, and will be coming soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the availability of Fitbit Ionic, we are excited to announce Fitbit Pay! This feature will allow you to add credit and debit cards to your watch to make contactless payments, wherever you are.

The video below will help you get up and running with Fitbit Pay: 

If you have further questions about using Fitbit Pay, check the following help resources:

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275
Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve already switched off the Bluetooth. This is one of the first things I discovered when I try pairing with multiple devices.
Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What would be the result if I (windows 10 user) added a wallet option to my ionic on an android phone, then synced back again to my windows phone?

Ionic---LG V35---Aftershockz Trekz Titanium
Best Answer
0 Votes

That'll work fine. It's what I did.

Best Answer

This is SO frustrating.  I get my Ionic around Christmas, the box says it does wireless payments, and that it supports W10 Mobile, but I soon learn Fitbit did not mean that Wallet works with W10 Mobile.  2 months later, waiting for fix, I see a random post about getting past all the bugs in the W10 app by using an iPad to setup their Ionic instead of using windows phone.  Well I have an iPad in addition to my windows phone, so I tried, it and sure enough, I'm able to enter locations in the weather app, stock symbols in the stocks app, etc.  Great... progress.  Now for Wallet, I have the option to enter to enter a credit card, but, I get an error on my bank of america card and it's not accepted.  Unbelievable.   The error states "some of the card details you supplied were incorrect".  

I've seen very few fixes and updates from Fitbit, very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dacarter  I too have needed to use an ipad to configure the wallet, though I didn't have any issues with configuring weather from my W10Mobile device. I haven't tried configuring stocks.  

I fought with my Bank of America card and tried for a few days. It just keeps telling me the information isn't correct.  I think there is a problem with Bank of America or it simply doesn't like the specific credit card I have through them since it wants to download card images.  When I realized it wasn't going to work I tried my American Express and that went through the first time (though I heard about some people having issues for a few hours earlier).  I have since tried BOA again with no luck.  I was going to ask support but I had a list of other issues to discuss with them and they want me to exchange my Ionic for an new one.  Hopefully by the time I get the new one setup the BOA issues will be resolved but for now I can use my AMEX.  

I do agree it is frustrating.  Have you voted for the feature request to add Wallet to the Windows 10 app (even though the support page says it is coming soon Fitbit hasn't closed it as already in progress).

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Please-implement-FitBit-Pay-on-Windows-10-Mobile...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still can’t get Fitbit pay at all in the Uk as I’m not with either of the two tiny, never heard of, useless, mini banks that currently support it...

Best Answer

Don't forget that some credit/debit cards from banks don't support VISA Paywave or Master PayPass transaction at all. If you happen to be using one of those older cards, it probably wouldn't work because the bank will reject authentication from the Fitbit app.

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

I used an iPad after reading a posts of yours in another thread.  Thanks for the workaround.  I had never thought of trying that before, but at least now I have a few apps working.

I did vote already on the wallet feature thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dacarterIf you look around there are a few posts in both Ionic and Windows forums on here from the Windows Developer Tristan saying the update with Wallet for windows and is waiting validation from the credit card companies.  Which kind of makes sense, but typically they validate the process not the app itself as if they needed to validate the app they would need to validate it every time a bug release comes out for an unrelated feature.  Regardless I believe the most recent comment from him was earlier this month saying the validation is taking longer than expected but they hope it will completed soon. 

Best Answer

Do you know if they will be adding Capital One Bank? I see they have Capital One CC but not bank. I want to be able to add my debit card.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scarab, thanks for the info.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a bunch of people who cannot add AMEX cards to the Wallet.

Can we get a response that this issue is going to be address and a ETA beyond the "soon" moniker?

Best Answer

Surprised to see the post about AMEX not working, I set my AMEX up last October and have used it a few times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I opened acc with Starling bank specifically to use with fitbit. It may be small but not useless. The website/app is excellent, really like way it sorts out payments. Very easy to open account and find it useful to keep fitbit payments separate from main account. I just transfer money each week to Starling. if haven't used it don't transfer. Only takes a minute, not really a problem and I love using the watch to pay, so simple and fussfree. Hope this reassures others with doubts about Starling. Can't comment on Dansk as never used it. 

Best Answer

This is rather pathetic now, over 5 months later and in the U.K. we can only use Fitbit pay with 2 banks that I’ve never heard of before... When are you going to add banks like Lloyds, TSB and many other “high street banks”? At this rate I will be returning my ionic to Amazon and getting a refund.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe it’s on here and I haven’t noticed but, when will “Visa” users be able to use Fitbit Pay???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please vote for MST to be utilized in a future Fitbit product, explained here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idi-p/2581606

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! tell me why I do not have on my fitbit ionic applications fitbit pay and attachment starbacks? (I tried to update the applications and restart the Clock and devices, but there's nothing to help.

I made updates, but nothing has changed. As before, there are no applications fitbit pay and attachment starbacks. What to do?
Thank you!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I opened a starling account yesterday so just waiting for the card to arrive so i can use my ionic. Have to say opening the starling account was easy and the app looks good to use. if it allows me to use my watch to pay for items, then it is worth it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DimaRudawrote:

Hello! tell me why I do not have on my fitbit ionic applications fitbit pay and attachment starbacks? (I tried to update the applications and restart the Clock and devices, but there's nothing to help.

I made updates, but nothing has changed. As before, there are no applications fitbit pay and attachment starbacks. What to do?
Thank you!

Were you able to reinstall “Wallet” if the app was showing as removed? If “Wallet” (Fitbit Pay) isn’t showing, try performing a factory reset and then installing/updating the firmware that way. 

With regards to “Starbucks Card”, try reinstalling it from the app gallery if you see it as removed. You can also add your Starbucks card number to the app “Barcodes”, and it should work that way. 

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Moderator edit: personal info removed

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes