Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

most of the replies have been between March and April  and still waiting

Best Answer

I was told the same, and finally had someone admit that the refunds via the hawk market email encountered issues…seems as if no one got them…FitBit has no interest in addressing it and refunding people. 

Best Answer

@moistcaerk, according to the posted rules, it should be possible for you to make the Ionic refund claim without having the device linked to your account, but others who have tried it have generally not been successful in securing their refund.  So if you still have the device, try to link it to your new account and then perform the refund request steps, as that will improve your odds.

Best Answer

I will never buy a FitBit product again…

Best Answer

EXACTLY!

Best Answer
No I haven’t but I am waiting until August because that will be 8 weeks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

And of course this is what Google wants.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Still waiting after 12 weeks for my ionic refund.emails are replied with automated non helpful emails and phone calls have been full of promises but not backed up..dont think they are going to keep there side of the deactivating the watch 

Best Answer

I FINALLY got my refund - 14 weeks later. I had given up to ever get this resolved. For those who are looking for a sanity check - I sent my watch back on April 12th. I called at weeks 7, 8 and 9 and was stonewalled by the support hotline. Like many folks, I was expecting a follow up email or something that confirmed that the process had started. I did not have my reference number but asked a customer service rep to look up my information by my email address.  The last time I called, a rep actually confirmed that my watch return was still being processed. It wasn't until about 10 days ago that I received an email from fitbitionicrecall@sedgwickbp.com titled "Fitbit Ionic Refund Update Ref # " saying that my refund was being processed and would be available in Paypal within 10 days.  For what it's worth, calling customer support will not help. Getting the reference number didn't help because the support hotline will only say that the matter is being escalated or some other canned response. This community forum didn't have a magic solution but does confirm that lots of people are experiencing the same frustrations.  

My only advice is to settle in and expect to wait at least 12 weeks. 

Best Answer

Is anyone else waiting more then 5 months for their Ionic Recall GC??

Best Answer

I completed my recall registration in 03/2022 and to date, I have received nothing. I call the numbers provided and each time I get some representative incapable of logical, coherent thought, and instead mindlessly reads from a script. I have decided to stop calling and made a solemn vow never to purchase a Fitbit product again. 

Best Answer

Recall in US was March - I have been waiting since March 3rd ..4.5 months !

Best Answer

I’m in Australia and have been waiting since May 11th. I called the Fitbit helpline last week and they were very kind and directed me to the refund centre. Had the complete opposite attitude there. She gave me no info other than that it’s processing and they can’t tell me anymore info. I only asked if other people in Australia were having this issue and is it sent to my correct PayPal.

Best Answer
Can’t you just open a new account or if you you remember your user name and
email addy you used try and reactivate your old account
Best Answer
0 Votes
You don’t need the receipt or charger. Just return the watch in the box
they send you. You will get an email once they have received it. The email
will say to wait 10 business days for your refund.
I am in the 10 day wait so hope to get it soon
Best Answer
0 Votes
Congratulations
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here, I have tried that number several times and it does not work!!!
I am in NZ
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have received a wogi woohoo prepaid redemption card from Fitbit sedgwick. Went through the redemption process and finally received the digital card only to find out that the prepaid card has zero value. 

Best Answer

I found out about the recall in May and I mailed my Ionic back on May 24th. On June 8th, they emailed me letting me know that they had received it and to expect my refund within 10 business days. On June 27th, I called their customer support to ask about the status and was advised that refunds take 3 to 6 weeks to process. Following that timeframe, I would think that I should expect to see my refund by July 20th, yet it hasn't arrived and 7/20 is tomorrow.

I called FitBit customer support again today and they tried to give me the 3 to 6 weeks excuse again. I advised that it has been 6 weeks since I received thst email and that was why I was calling. She advised that due to high volume it may take longer to receive my refund but that it is "in process". She asked that I wait longer but could not provide a time frame for when I would receive it.

So the waiting time went from 10 business days, up to 6 weeks, to "we have no idea".

They were quick to offer me a discount for buying a replacement in order to not lose a customer, but I'm not going to order one if they never refund me for the one I sent back. I'm regretting sending it back since mine was working just fine, I like the design more than current models, and I've not been able to track anything while I have been waiting.

Best Answer