Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

After receiving the reference number and following the steps below, my device was desynchronized, but I have not received any response email, neither for discount nor ok for return, what should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is both of those. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still waiting too.  Did mine at 9.15 this morning and still not discount email.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same , I've called and they said not all will get a refund and may only be offered a discount . 

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wait

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's false.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is that I have not received any discount code or email
confirming the process, although my device no longer works
Best Answer

I reregistered and it worked! Thanks for the suggestion!

Best Answer

Stop using for a while after changung to another watch. Doesn't turn on and take a charge. Feels dangerous to continue. Any advice?

Best Answer

Hi I have registered and my Ionic now won't sync.

I need a new Fitbit ASAP, how do I get my discount code please.

Best Answer

Hope this helps someone....

My experience so far, from the UK

The Fitbit website, system and people are all overloaded at the moment. I've had no success with the chatbox at all. I did get some decent help calling their special phone line. I talked to a person named David in South America who actually knew what he was talking about and where to find the answers to my questions. Very helpful.

I think some of this might depend on your location in the world. I'm in the UK, England. I'm supposed to have a refund on the way. I was also sent special links and codes for the 40% off replacement + extra band. 

Tips and info:

1. The Refund as far as I can tell is the same for everyone. $299 USD. For me in the UK that will be about £225-ish.
  2. The Refund can take 3 to 6 weeks to arrive. For me in the UK the choice was via PayPal or a prepaid Mastercard. 
  3. The access code to the special discounts shop only works once. 
  4. Everything in the main store is not in the discount store. 
  5. The top three smartwatches that are similar to the Ionic are in the discount shop. Including the newish Sense. 
  6. The Fitbit websites are overloaded with requests and it may take some time for your codes to come through. 
  7. Check your spam box for missing emails. 
  8. There is an extra step for getting the discount codes, it's in an email. The subject for mine was: Fitbit Ionic Recall Account Verification- Reference xxxxxxxxxxx. In the email it says 'Click here for Fitbit Discount'. 
  9. The discount codes were in an email with the subject: : Fitbit Discount. Remember codes only work once! Even if you don't buy anything. So be prepared to buy when you enter. 
  10. I ordered the Fitbit Sense and extra band yesterday (Thursday), it's on the way today (Friday). Expect to receive it sometime next week.
  11. From my understanding, the affected Fitbit Ionic watches have the code [FB503] stamped on the back.
  12. I used my computer for all of the above, not my phone. I've heard that others who were having problems trying to do all this on their phone switched to their desktop and all was well. Good Luck! 

Here are a couple of visuals of emails and how to get your discount code: 

Screenshot 2022-03-04 120700.png

--------------

Screenshot 2022-03-02 185438.png

Best Answer

Hi I registered, but haven’t received my discount pass ? just was told that my refund will be 3-6 weeks but I could do with a new fit bit like yesterday can you please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have completed my form BUT albeit I selected debit card for my refund it did not ask for card details. Anyone else found the same?

I have had mine a few years so even if I did use a DC to purchase it that card is likely long gone.

I have tried to contact Fitbit but N/R

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I got a registered email but nothing about discount, I could really do with a new Fitbit is there anywhere I can esculate other than the phone?

Best Answer

The email I received is partially similar to yours but doesn't have the codes. Also first paragraph has typos, words missing as if have of it got lost. Very odd

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat too

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DaveW64 The refund is via a prepaid Mastercard. You should be able to use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard. Good Luck. 

Best Answer

Thanks for response Tammy - so they will send out a card with the balance on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The email I received is partially similar to yours but doesn't have the codes. Also first paragraph has typos, words missing as if have of it got lost. Very odd

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have completed my refund, at no point I am told how much I receive. I clicked refund on card - was not asked for details - is this the one linked to fitbit pay?  

Best Answer