Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch is displaying wrong time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch is displaying the wrong time. It is currently 11:31 and my watch says 10:31. I’ve tried to reset it but nothing works. Any suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

I have the same issue for the 4th day now. My clock is 40 minutes off. Re-pair have solved it for the first three days  But today nothing is working . Should it really be necessary to do a full factory reset of both phone and watch? Oneplus 6 running latest firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to have you here @NoKeRse. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. 

Sometimes, when your timezone isn't correct, this can be due to your device not syncing to your account, if this happening to you then try this procedure. I would like you to double check when was the last time your Ionic synced. You can do this by checking your Ionic's picture on your app and below it, you will see the last time it synced. 

Also, please confirm that your timezone is correct time on your account. 

Hope this helps! I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this an accepted solution?? The user said the time is still grossly wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

All steps tried. At the end it ended up in my device is constantly bootlooping. And fitbit will send me a new ionic..for me this was the last time using a fitbit device. The ionic that is on its way will be sold. The reason is poor QA and testing on different handsets from fitbit end. Yeah, manufacturers of phones should also cooperate to fix things but in the end I have been a fitbit customer. The QA issues is not only for the ionic  But for all fitbit products i have owned all of them has been replaced one or two times. And then you have the app that for each update introduces new product issues. My girlfriends versa stopped working today moderate use . And wont sync with Nokia,, oneplus or Huawei.. Fitbit needs to step up if they wont end up in the same position that Nokia did some years ago. @SilviaFIT 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! Sorry for the delay on my reply. 

Your welcome @Glorious12

Great to see you around @Fjohn1. This thread started last year, the user who created it was the one who accepted it as a solution. You can learn more about it by checking About: Accepted Solutions

Thank for letting me know that Support will send you a replacement @NoKeRse! Your comments are appreciated, our team is always looking for improvement. I would advise you to let your girlfriend know that she can contact our Support team

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You closed the post with an accepted solution to a user with an LG, for whom your suggestion worked. But the second poster noted it didn't work at all. Without making a suggestion to him since your suggested solution did not work, you closed it off. I see now, although you implied I was wrong to note this, you've replaced that user's watch also.

What would have been good would have been to admit that one indicator of why the time is off is that the Ionic is dying and that it is time to contact support directly to confirm it and get a replacement. Instead of just suggesting a solution, tell them that, in these circumstances, the user should contact you by phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same.problem. my watch say 9:17 but its 10pm something

Therese S
Best Answer
0 Votes

If it is off like that, it isn’t syncing. It may correct itself, but after five Ionics, my experience is it will fail permanently soon. The only fix is a replacement when that happens. 

Support will make make you repeat all the fixes, then eventually slow ship a remanufactured model. If you are on your third or fourth, it may be new and they will overnight it. 

My last sat one was in October, still under the one year warranty. Hoping to fix the problem, they sent me a new one and said the 12 month warranty would start over again. It failed again last month for a different reason this time. After much discussion, they did send me a new one overnight, but said they had no memory of promising me the warranty would start over again. So, with this one fails in a few months, I guess I will have to find a new company. 

When it works properly, I can’t imagine a better product. However, the longest lasting one I’ve had since November 2017 has been just a few months and then it dies. I hope that eventually Fitbit will recognize the serious problems with this model. Replacing it every few months with a big gap in tracking data isn’t right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It finally got synced while I was out of town 3 hour time change. Now it reset, but is off 1 hour and will not reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @TVSabsrre. I would like you to restart your Ionic and confirm that you've properly set the timezone in your Dashboard. Also, make sure that you sync your watch after changing the timezone to update the settings on your Ionic. 

Thanks for participating in the forums @Fjohn1. Our Support team will provide troubleshooting that we've seen has worked for others depending in the issue that you're experiencing. We're always here to assist you, if you experience any issue. 

Welcome back @Glorious12. Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I would like you to confirm that you've done this procedure to change the timezone

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is Horrible!!!! And so not worth the money you spend! Maybe that is
why there is not so much hype around the ionic.

Yes i like it except for a few ugly experiences. Are you thinking of
changing to a different brand or a just a different product in fitbit.

I don't know how to reach out customer service for a replacement! Who did
you write to?

I am soo annoyed. 😡

Therese

Update: That's been done, I have restarted, re-synced. But the syncing doesn't work
because there are bluetooth issues. I tried my phone connecting to a
bluetooth and it worked fine thus its the Ionic's problem.

Therese S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got it to sync by messing with the app. At last the time is right, but figure next time we change time zones, it'll mess up again. I changed the time zone in the app, and it finally changed my fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @TVSabsrre. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, Fitbit is always working to provide you with the best Customer Service. I appreciate the troubleshooting that you've tried. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email. 

Hey there @Glorious12. I'm glad to hear that after you changed the timezone in your app, it updated in your Ionic too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue. I have S8. What do you mean by reset the phone? Can you pl explain? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Ajaykhanolkar. You don't need to reset your phone if your timezone isn't correct. Please try the steps mentioned in this article: How do I change the time on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday my Ionic stopped telling the correct time, the display appeared to freeze at whatever the time was when I last manually synced.  It was not simply some number of hours out as it would be if it was time zone related.

For troubleshooting I tried setting an alarm a minute or two ahead of the current correct time, and when that went off that confirmed that the ionic itself was keeping time, but that the display was not updating.

Simple fix for me after repeated restarts and trying the steps listed in the "help" forums didnt help was to install a new clockface via the iphone ap.  I havent tried to return it to the face I was using before, but I like the new one better anyway.

So if your Ionic is showing the wrong time, my advice is to first check if an alarm will trigger at the correct time, and if it does then try instaling a new clockface.  For me the error seemed to be that the watchface "app" I was using had crashed.  Good Luck.

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Iain_K. I appreciate that you've shared your advice, I'm sure this can help others in the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me. Galaxy Note 8. I crossed time zones. 1st cross my fitbit automatically updated. Coming back I had to restart my phone. 

Best Answer

Hello Friend, How are you doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes