Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch is displaying wrong time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My watch is displaying the wrong time. It is currently 11:31 and my watch says 10:31. I’ve tried to reset it but nothing works. Any suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Ajaykhanolkar. You don't need to reset your phone if your timezone isn't correct. Please try the steps mentioned in this article: How do I change the time on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

Check if your PHONE has the right timezone, then check the timezone settings in the Fitbit app.

If you set the watch (fitbit app) to automatic, it should work, but it will use the timezone of the phone.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but Didn’t work my watch is saying am instead of pm anymore ideas driving me crazy 

Best Answer

@Grizzly1 wrote:

My watch is displaying the wrong time. It is currently 11:31 and my watch says 10:31. I’ve tried to reset it but nothing works. Any suggestions. 

Strange because Ionic should display the same time as the device you synced to if you've set it to automatic time zone.  Setting the time zone manually should solve it though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset my mobile phone, which ultimately worked for me, after trying several syncs and Ionic resets unsuccessfully. Must be a setting in the mobile phone that doesn't update when I traveled across time zones (though the time on the mobile phone updated). Mobile phone is Samsung S8.

Best Answer

My ionic died, and after charging, the time was off 3 hours. I rebooted my phone (Samsung S8) and when I try to sync the app, it just keeps spinning. my fitbit says 8:23 and it is 12:18. I have not changed time zones-

I welcome any suggestions- may return if this is not fixed

Best Answer

I’m saving the problem.  Hoping someone helps with a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get resolution? My Iconic watch died and now it also off by 44 minutes! Help.

Best Answer

My watch is reading Tuesday March 6 at 8:18 am and it's Monday March 5 at 5:18pm. Tried resetting both phone and watch. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up using the cord to connect to my desktop,  downloaded the app on my desk top and then syncing.  That fixed it. 

Best Answer
Thanks . I ended up doing the same . Just frustrating that it loses the time like it does ..

Sorry for any brevity, this is being sent from my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch stopped synching with everything, wish it could get the time from the cloud

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Dirkle. Let me help you getting your Ionic syncing again with your Dashboard. I would like you to confirm that you've tried the following syncing steps that can fix this inconvenience. 

Also, reply to the following questions: 

- Are you receiving any error message?

- Are you syncing with a mobile device or a computer?

- Have you restarted your Ionic

Keep me posted! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit ionic showed wrong time, I installed the fitbit app on my laptop, plugged the fitbit to laptop and synced... the problem was resolved in a few seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fixed it by synching to iPhone.

Dirk

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @RHXW and @Dirkle. It's great to hear that your Ionic is syncing again. Thanks for sharing what solved the issue to you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit will not sinc with my phone. Time is wrong. Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Glorious12! Let me help you with the syncing issue you're experiencing. Please try this syncing troubleshoot, once it has synced to your account, the time should update. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.  I was able to sync after I used wi-fi and stopped battery saver on my phone. I had them both charging beside one another and it worked!  I was afraid my iconic was a lost cause.  Thank you so much.  Gloria
Best Answer

Thank you for getting back @Glorious12! I appreciate that you've shared with the Community, what solved the issue for you. Hope you can continue enjoying your Ionic. Robot Happy

Hope I can continue seeing you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes