Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app Fahrenheit only

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen when viewing the Weather app to see a forecast for the next few days.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

@dannyb2100 wrote:

Why does the weather widget display Fahrenheit only? Or am I missing something?  No way to change it? 

The weather app seems very lackluster tbh. I was expecting like a 10 day forecast..but it only shows today?

Best Answer

Not only that, but it does not show the time. Pretty disappointed (again).

Best Answer

My weather app shows in Celsius. It's based on location which decides which to use. At least it was yesterday, now it's just telling me to sync to the Fitbit app to update which is not working. They REALLY need to fix the weather app.

Best Answer

It shows my correct location, but still only in Fahrenheit. 

The Ionic is leaving a lot to be desired thus far, to be honest. (I "upgraded" from the Blaze) 

Best Answer

If you scroll down the weather app there is an hourly forecast, plus a 4 days of future forecasts with tomorrow's forecast being broken into hourly.  Are you not seeing that?

Not sure how celcius is set, unless it's a localization item in your OS or app settings.

Best Answer

I was hoping there would be a way to change the units but I cannot find it. i am stuck with F so probably wont use the app as it is correct on my phone lol

Best Answer

@minigno wrote:

If you scroll down the weather app there is an hourly forecast, plus a 4 days of future forecasts with tomorrow's forecast being broken into hourly.  

Wow, nice find, I did not know that was possible I actually love it now that there is a forecast.

Best Answer

I was showing F but then changed the units for Length to metric, and also for Swim, in the advanced settings page of the account tab in the app and now I’m showing C. It wasn’t instantaneous but after a sync it has definitely changed.

Best Answer

Wind? Minutecast? Hourly? Just 4-day, no 10-day forecast?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

There is hourly available, like I mentioned...no wind, if I need that detail I'm typically on my phone or laptop anyway.

No 10 day...again, not really needed on my watch typically...sometimes I do that if I'm really curious about something, but it is typically useless outside of 3 days.  Local weather predicting technology and modeling in this day and age is unfortunately still mostly a guess once you get 4-5 days out and beyond.  While it's gotten amazingly accurate within 2-3 days out, it hasn't improved greatly on the longer forecasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where I live, and for cycling, the 10 day forecast is pretty darn good for making advanced plans on where to ride. Similar story for wind, although its not a detail and more important. All of that is on my wrist today, in fact my watch face shows current wind (direction, speed, and gust speed), temperature, sunset/sunrise, and active calorie burn (plus time, day, and date). The 120 minute Accuweather "minutecast" is really handy during winter/spring when it rains here, just a tap and swipe away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen when viewing the Weather app to see a forecast for the next few days.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.

That doesn't make sense though...... In the UK we use degrees Celsius And miles? 

Best Answer

@dannyb2100 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

That doesn't make sense though...... In the UK we use degrees Celsius And miles? 

Yes, unfortunately in the UK we have adopted a strange hybrid system. I too would like to use Miles as the length and Celsius as the temperature. I really can't get my head around water freezing at 32°f and boiling at 212°f as opposed to 0°c and 100°c.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@dannyb2100 @N8teGee I've relayed your feedback to the team to see if it's possible to create a unique setting rather than using that association.

Best Answer

But as you said, most of that is for planning, therefore probably doesn't need to be on a watch interface. I like to see wind when planning nights out with the telescope, but I'm typically at my computer while planning that.  I guess if you like that stuff on your wrist you like it...they are probably just handling the 80/20 rule and providing enough for what most people use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent, that would be very useful. Thanks @MatthewFitbit

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@minigno wrote:

But as you said, most of that is for planning, 

@minigno planning, as in I walk outside with my bike and notice it is windy and want to estimate how long the ride will take. Or I just rode to the start of a group ride, and chatting with other riders about where to ride next weekend. I ride an average of 6 days a week, its my main form of exercise and stress relief and reason to not use my car. That is why wind is on my watch face. It wasn't available on the native weather app, but was on the Accuweather app (after changing defaults) and a nice bonus feature is that Accuweather Minutecast (also on watch) is super accurate at predicting rain moving thru area in next 120 minutes (my typical after work ride is 90 minutes). Thought some of those features might get rolled into Ionic because Fitbit is using Accuweather.

Best Answer

I am in the UK. We use miles for distance and Centigrade for temperature!!!  We need to be able to have both miles and Centigrade. This is a basic configuration requirement. The fix identified does not solve the problem. Please provide a solution that supports this basic need. My phone manages to do this easily. I have no idea what 60F means.  

Best Answer