Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Connection Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues with the Wi-Fi connection?  I am only having issues with the weather, transferring music and Pandora (oddly enough I was able to set up Fitbit pay with no issues although it's not ready for deployment). When I went into the watch settings, I noticed that under IP address it reads "Wi-Fi off", however, my phone is stating that it is connected. I called the customer service line and found that I will need the Wi-Fi connection to work to utilize the features listed above. If anyone has a solution or if you need to vent about a similar issue please post a reply.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @ikei, you need to go into the Fitbit app on your phone to connect to a Wi-Fi connection on your Ionic. 

* Open up the Fitbit App

* Go to the Ionic on the top right of the home screen

* Scroll down to General

* There you will see Wi-Fi Settings > Setup Wi-Fi.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Hey @ikei, you need to go into the Fitbit app on your phone to connect to a Wi-Fi connection on your Ionic. 

* Open up the Fitbit App

* Go to the Ionic on the top right of the home screen

* Scroll down to General

* There you will see Wi-Fi Settings > Setup Wi-Fi.

Best Answer

My wifi problem is that it never really "saves" text password and I have to enter it every single time.  It also done not connect on its own, only when I tell it to, frustrating. 

Best Answer

Thanks @CopperWolf808! I tried this several times with customer service and it didn't work but I just tried it again and my phone is now connected. Thanks a bunch. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It disconnected again..Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

The issue is not resolved. It connects for a few seconds and then it drops.

Best Answer

Aww, I'm sorry! Maybe you have to turn the device on and off? Try restarting your phone too.

Edit: If that doesnt help, maybe remove your Ionic from the Fitbit app and re-sync it? I know that sucks to have to do that just for wifi.

Hope it gets resolved soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a lot of problems with WiFi on the Ionic. I am not sure whether it's me alone. But the signal is very poor. Having all three of my devices next to each other, they show a strong signal. 
But going into the FitBit app and looking at the signal strength of the Ionic, a single bar? 
Maybe it's due to the tiny antenna the Ionic has? I am not sure. 

Best Answer

That's the whole purpose, it's stay not always connected to Wifi.

Only when you transfer music or do a firmware update it will connect as stated on the screen in the Fitbit App on your phone, wifi network settings.

. the Ionic will try to connect to one of the listed network in case of music transfer.....

So it will cost the watch to much energy to connect always, battery saving issue

Best Answer

Um, I'm aware of that. 

The issue is that the Wi-Fi does not stay connected long enough for me to transfer my music.

Thanks though.

Best Answer

Yeah, I tried that several times and it didn't work. Smiley Sad

I'm pretty sure your instructions were spot on, I may just have a faulty device.

Thanks for all of your help, I appreciate it.

Best Answer

You're welcome. I wish I knew how to help. Maybe try doing a factory reset? @ikei

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Wifi doesn't stay connected long enough for me to do anything! If ever you resolve your problem please let me know!

Best Answer

This extract is from the Ionic Manual in case this is your issue. I had my Network set to 5GHZ and it took me just on 2 hours to setup the Iconic through mobile data. After that setup, it hasn't missed a beat and into my 4th day.

Ionic can connect to open, WEP, WPA personal, and WPA2 personal Wi-Fi networks. Your watch won’t connect to 5GHz, WPA enterprise, or public Wi-Fi networks that require logins, subscriptions, or profiles. If you see fields for a username or domain when connecting to the Wi-Fi network on a computer, the network isn’t supported

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I'm not sure if fitbit has released a firmware update but my ionic is working perfectly now and I LOVE IT. I'm really happy I didn't return it. Also, the flyer headphones are awesome. If there was a new firmware released update your phone and try setting up music, wi-fi or whatever you may have been having issues with. I hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t get the Fitbit to connect to my WiFi network at all. I see the network in the app, and when I tell it to connect, it hangs, and the ionic shows an x shortly after. The app spins for a minut, then says it is unable to connect to the network. It never prompts me for a password, and oddly shows my network without the lock icon, even though it is secured.

What can I do to fix this?

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same situation. I have been unable to connect to the Wifi despite numerous attempts. Yes, I have used a 2.4Ghz connection, yes I have restarted, yes I have reinstalled, yes I have shutdown, yes I have formatted. NOTHING is working. I literally put the Fitbit next to the modem, maybe 1-2 inches away from it. Nothing. Fitbit, can you explain what may be happening? That's all we're after. After spending $500NZD, you'd expect at the very least an explanation as to why the product I purchased isn't working...Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer
I also did everything you did and I'm still not connected. Very frustrated!!

Sent from my Bell LG device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer

I figured this out. It’s weird that it shows other networks in my area with the lock icon (secured), but not mine, even though mine is WEP secured. When I try to connect, it just times out. However, if I choose to manually add a network, I can type the SSID of my network and choose the auth mechanism manually as WEP and then type my password. The Ionic is able to connect after that. Seems like a weird bug in the connection logic.

Best Answer

YES! I bought my Ionic today - my first Fitbit device - and it's a disaster.  Can't change clock faces, music transfer is a nightmare, bluetooth and wifi connectivity constantly dropping out, bluetooth headphones don't connect properly, music plays at accelerated speed like chipmunks.

Best Answer