Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Connection Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues with the Wi-Fi connection?  I am only having issues with the weather, transferring music and Pandora (oddly enough I was able to set up Fitbit pay with no issues although it's not ready for deployment). When I went into the watch settings, I noticed that under IP address it reads "Wi-Fi off", however, my phone is stating that it is connected. I called the customer service line and found that I will need the Wi-Fi connection to work to utilize the features listed above. If anyone has a solution or if you need to vent about a similar issue please post a reply.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

@Scalliwag wrote:

Did that. Didn't happen...........

Did what?

What didn't happen?

We can't read minds can we!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update from my post, we are now on are third replacement from Fitbit, things seemed to be working for now, but not a fix just replacements. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit never connects to my phone whether Im connected to the wifi at home or at work. I've tried to reset both my fit bit and the app on my phone but nothing works. I checked that my phone is paired to my fit bit and reset that aswell. Now I checked the about tab on my fit bit and under Ip address it says "wifi off". How do I fix it so that my fit bit connects with the fitbit app on my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This might be the solution I'm looking for thanks....but where do I find the SSID ?

I'll have to manually connect...it connects to phone no problem, just DOES NOT want to connect to my Surface Pro....so that means I can't load music.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cmsd07 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit tracker is not connecting to your phone. I would like to know a couple of details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: What is the model of your Fitbit tracker? What is your phone's model? Please check out this page and see if your phone is in the supported devices list.

@scrappycoco It's great to see you in our Fitbit forums! Regarding your question about the SSID, please contact your Internet service provider so they can show you where to find it. In regards to the Surface pro, this device is not in the supported devices list. This is the reason why music can't load.

I'll be around if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but I'm baffled. I've downloaded music in the correct format to my hard drive. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro as well as a HP Laptop. Downloaded the Fitbit App to both. Both have bluetooth and have also turned off all Firewalls. Have also factory reset Ionic, Restarted devices multiple times.

Neither of these devices can connect to the Ionic, hence I can't transfer music. It connects to my Samsung S9 phone no issues. Now, my phone DOES NOT have a USB input, so how am I supposed to make my Ionic see the music files on my laptop when it can only connect to my phone. Note these are files from Spotify as Pandora is not available in New Zealand.

This is a joke. Music on the ionic is one of the prime reasons for my purchase. Or you could make it very easy by allowing Spotify to be compatible with Fitbit! Please advise what to do...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scrappycoco I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your Versa regarding the music feature. I'd like you to give your vote to this "Feature Suggestion" which suggests Spotify to be added. The more votes this idea gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineering team.

I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem!  It’s very frustrating. I called the help desk yesterday and went through the ordeal of factory resetting my ionic and reinstalling the app. It worked for half a day and won’t sync again:( 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!   I feel the exact same way!  VERY FRUSTRATED

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Ljmoore! Sorry to hear that after the troubleshooting that you followed with Customer Service it worked, but then it stopped syncing again. 

In this case, I would recommend to continue the communication via email as you already have a case created with them. 

I'll be around if you have any other question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My wife was having the same exact problem trying to sync Pandora to her Ionic.  Turns out the issue was resolved by making sure her phone and watch were both on the same wifi band on our internet.  Her phone was connecting to the 5Ghz band, while the watch was connecting to the 2.4Ghz band since the watch doesn't work with 5Ghz.  Every time she tried to sync music is said it couldn't connect and to check network settings.  Once she switched her phone back to the 2.4Ghz and forced a sync again it worked without an issue.  

Disclaimer:  I didn't read the whole thread, so apologies if this solution has already been posted.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @hin10! I appreciate the tips that you've shared on this thread. I'm sure this can help other users that check it. 

If you would like to visit the Discussions Boards, you can find Get Moving, Eat well and manage weight tips. Robot Happy 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to do the same however I could not find a setting on my phone to restrict it to 2.4 and had to change the router settings.

Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to post solution.

dave

Update: Had to temporarily change router settings to only do 2.4 and that was the trick that worked Thank you, dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried Fitbit connect but it get to a point where it asks me to plug in a dongle, which I don't have.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apple Watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
After 4 years of problems with Fitbit was forced to use Apple devices this
worked right out of the box with no issues
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will die before I use Apple

Best Answer