Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Connection Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues with the Wi-Fi connection?  I am only having issues with the weather, transferring music and Pandora (oddly enough I was able to set up Fitbit pay with no issues although it's not ready for deployment). When I went into the watch settings, I noticed that under IP address it reads "Wi-Fi off", however, my phone is stating that it is connected. I called the customer service line and found that I will need the Wi-Fi connection to work to utilize the features listed above. If anyone has a solution or if you need to vent about a similar issue please post a reply.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I just used it via wifi and entered the password the hotspot assigned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having no luck syncing my ionic.  I've been connected to three different wifi connections and it won't sync.  Fitbit customer service has been no help.  I should have bought an iwatch.  So frustrating.

Best Answer

Well that's pointless then.  Can't connect to public wifi?  What is this, the 90's?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Watch can't connect to public wifi?  What is this, he 90's?  I tried my work Wifif and two public wife's and it never could sink. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My connected to public wifi in a shopping centre but that is useless. I still cannot connect to my home. The help desk have given me instructions which are useless also as I’m not a tech head. I wish it could work as it should straight out of the box or at least don’t need me to have a PhD to figure it out.
Yes an iwatch may have been better.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you, I was feeling so stupid that I could not get this working, I do not have PHD but worked years in technical support for computers, UPS systems, cell phones and **ahem** terminals. Thinking of giving this the flush treatment but it probably would plug up the toilet

Best Answer

I bought an Apple Series 3 Watch over the weekend and it is SOOO SOOO SOOO much better.  Syncs with ease and tracks my fitness with the additions of several more convenient features.  Plus you get Apple customer service which is way more prompt, accessible, and helpful than that of fitbit.  You need to use an iphone to make it worth the investment, but let's be serious, who doesn't have an iphone.  I have moved on from years of using fitbit and it looks like I will never be going back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I bought an Apple. But thought I would give Fitbit one more chance. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is not a solution. It keeps dropping the connection, IF it connects, even when sitting right next to the modem/router.

Best Answer

As far as clock faces. You have to go on your Fitbit app and under settings it gives u apps you can download it also says clock faces. Just select the one u want and click install. Hope this hekps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Who the hell was talking about clock faces. I still cannot connect to WiFi which the subject of the post.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am really sorry I bought the Fitbit Ionic. I've spent all day trying to connect it to wi-fi or bluetooth for the required Firmware update. I can't see my home network in the app, there is no 'general' or 'wi-fi' in the app when I scroll down. It's wasted a huge amount of my time. I should have gone with the Apple Watch. Not as good but at least I wouldn't have had all these problems. But, now that I've got it, if anyone at Fitbit can help or anyone on this board, I'd really appreciated it. I've done everything suggested in multiple boards and manuals, rebooted, restarted, hit the tile and looked for the wifi-connection, etc. Geez, how frustrating.

Best Answer

I just tried BigRon48's (11-09-2017 19:03) suggestion and it worked! As he said, my WiFi connection lasts for as long as my phone screen doesn't turn off. I don't know how to quote his post, so I am copy pasting it here:

"So I think I found a work around for this. It worked for me. Hopefully it will for u too. My ionic was dropping WiFi during music transfer for Pandora about 5 min in. Numerous trial and error fixes and I this actually worked. Go to display settings on phone. Turn screen lock off so that it will not lock after a certain amount of time. Go to your WiFi settings in your Fitbit app. Remove your current connection. Reconnect to your WiFi. Go to your media tab in iconic settings in the Fitbit app. Force sync pandora by touching the 3 dots upper right hand corner. Then go back to manage WiFi settings in the fitbit app to confirm u still have good connection. Then leave Phone open. Don’t lock it or close the Fitbit app. Leave the WiFi settings page open showing your good connection. Pandora then will sync your music to your Fitbit. With this method I was able to keep a good connection for 45 min and was able to fully load my icon w music. I tried about 7 or 8 different variontions before finding the one that worked for syncing pandora." 

THANKS!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not you alone I have seen a lot of people saying this I just updated everything and tried all the troubleshooting ideas.  I just shutdown my fit bit and going to try starting it back up 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I shut my ionic down and  after a few minutes turned it back on my problem looks to be solved

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my Ionic and set it up successfully. However, music transfer has become a nightmare. 

Ionic is connected to WiFi, the stupid Fitbit app for Win 10 (the one that they tell you to download from MS Windows Store) refuses to connect and find WiFi networks.

I had to shut it down completely several times, after that, I managed to launch the Media on it and create a playlist. Next issue: cannot transfer my music to Ionic. I experienced all those problems described before here. 

However, with my husbands help and his computer we found a workaround: 

ignore the instructions of Fitbit site and install the Fitbit Connect app. Not the one from the Windows store, but the one from Download for Windows page, this is important.

It worked. I managed to create 3 playlists (2 for testing and one that I actually need 🙂 and transfer 30 tracks to my Ionic. 

Again, if you try to download Fitbit connect from their website that takes you to the app from the MS store, it may not work, try it from here: 

https://www.fitbit.com/setup?platform=win (use "download for Windows" - note it's not the same as "Windows 10"). 

Hope it helps!

Best Answer

That doesn't work either. We pay all this money for these watches to have to deal with this crap! How is this a smart watch?? It seems pretty stupid to me that my phone is co nested to wifi but fitbit will not connect doing it on the phone, ugh!

Best Answer

I am having the same issue!

Best Answer
My notifications work whenever they feel like it. I have various apps to come up as notifications and they work hot or miss

Absolute lemons.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
$300.00 for this mess!! I was on the phone with a FitBit rep and she said
or your phone (note 😎 is too knew, FitBit is not compatible with note 8,
and I asked why not? note 8 has been out for almost a year? I said well
then that is even more reason I need a refund and then she said, "maam, I
am so sorry that I gave you the wrong info, note 8 is compatible". I am
going to call them later hen I have time to talk but I am very disappointed
wit this watch. I should have listened to the reviews, ugh!!! Trying to
give FitBit the benefit of the doubt. I love the watch itself. Its light
and very comfortable. I have just had too much trouble out of it.
Best Answer