Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Connection Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues with the Wi-Fi connection?  I am only having issues with the weather, transferring music and Pandora (oddly enough I was able to set up Fitbit pay with no issues although it's not ready for deployment). When I went into the watch settings, I noticed that under IP address it reads "Wi-Fi off", however, my phone is stating that it is connected. I called the customer service line and found that I will need the Wi-Fi connection to work to utilize the features listed above. If anyone has a solution or if you need to vent about a similar issue please post a reply.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

It's not solved the instructions on how to connect are simple IF they worked it says cant find iconic the wifi is off on the watch HOW do we turn it on ??? OR fix this bug I've had nothing but problems with this thing i may just send it back and keep my old fitbit no need for this stress

Best Answer

Same problem.  Have done all the steps.  Yes you are correct, would be simple IF THEY WORKED.

App is not picking up the network and watch WiFi is also stuck off.  Shouldn't be this hard.

Best Answer
I just gave up!! Pissed off since this watch is so expensive!!!

Sent from my Bell LG device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer

I have exactly the same issueikei and yet to find a resolution so I can’t download music to the watch which was one of the primary reasons I bought it. Super irritating.

Best Answer

Yep, in the same boat here..........Wifi does not connect long enough to transfers 50 songs, let alone 300

Best Answer

I am getting the same thing as well.  I did connect when I left the router open but when it goes to WPA2 or WPA it wont connect.  It is like the password is not going through to the router.

Best Answer

Same problem here, also no data has synced with the Web so no steps, HR or anything else shows up in the Web portal

Best Answer
0 Votes

If people are connecting via windows app temporarily disabling antivirus and firewall.

As people have already said 5 Ghz is not supported, if you have this running try temporarily disabling it if it does not pick up 2.4Ghz.

It's better to have different identifiers on your networks, one for 2.4Ghz and one for 5Ghz btw.

Best Answer

So I think I found a work around for this. It worked for me. Hopefully it will for u too. My ionic was dropping WiFi during music transfer for Pandora about 5 min in. Numerous trial and error fixes and I this actually worked. Go to display settings on phone. Turn screen lock off so that it will not lock after a certain amount of time. Go to your WiFi settings in your Fitbit app. Remove your current connection. Reconnect to your WiFi. Go to your media tab in iconic settings in the Fitbit app. Force sync pandora by touching the 3 dots upper right hand corner. Then go back to manage WiFi settings in the fitbit app to confirm u still have good connection. Then leave Phone open. Don’t lock it or close the Fitbit app. Leave the WiFi settings page open showing your good connection. Pandora then will sync your music to your Fitbit. With this method I was able to keep a good connection for 45 min and was able to fully load my icon w music. I tried about 7 or 8 different variontions before finding the one that worked for syncing pandora. 

This is leads me to believe the isssue is in the app. Not the ionic since the success was found in leaving the app open. 

This is a big hassle and it should be fixed fast!!

Best Answer

I had the same problem as most people here. I got my ionic connected to my Samsung S7 wifi tethering, that is connected at the same time to my house wifi. I also factory reset the ionic and removed from the app. All together worked.

Hope it helps someone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the Starbucks app in Ionic, and keep it showing. ( If not, set up a Starbucks Card first. ) And then, Wi-Fi will not drop in Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because this thing is garbage 

Best Answer

@Indaskys wrote:

Because this thing is garbage 

I and others posted things for you to try and this is your feedback. Sorry I bothered. I suggest you return the watch or have a rant at  Fitbit support. We were trying to help you thanks for wasting our time.

Best Answer

After spending 2 hour on Fitbit customer unsupported was told that all our 4 devices were not compatible even the brand new Nokia Cell Phone, we even borrowed a friends Ipad and had the same issues, would not connect to WIFI or even find the network could not find Bluetooth yet all other devices working with no issues, we restarted the Ionic in a total of 15 times deleted the Fitbit App 4 times and even went to Starbucks to try their WIFI because of (according to IDIOT on Phone) to secure, still nothing. so one idiot on a Phone from Fitbit, a Microsoft Software engineer (myself) and an Apple Engineer (my friend) was unable to get this device to work. 2 PHD's and a so called Fitbit support Makes this one of the most expensive paper weights I have bought in a long time and will NEVER BUY another Fitbit product EVER again. 

Best Answer

After spending 2 hour on Fitbit customer unsupported was told that all our 4 devices were not compatible even the brand new Nokia Cell Phone, we even borrowed a friends Ipad and had the same issues, would not connect to WIFI or even find the network could not find Bluetooth yet all other devices working with no issues, we restarted the Ionic in a total of 15 times deleted the Fitbit App 4 times and even went to Starbucks to try their WIFI because of (according to IDIOT on Phone) to secure, still nothing. so one idiot on a Phone from Fitbit, a Microsoft Software engineer (myself) and an Apple Engineer (my friend) was unable to get this device to work. 2 PHD's and a so called Fitbit support Makes this one of the most expensive paper weights I have bought in a long time and will NEVER BUY another Fitbit product EVER again. 

Best Answer

Yep garbage with NO support 

Best Answer

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to return it but can’t as my 30 days are up it is garbage and there is no help for it my answer stands it’s GARBAGE

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are not alone.

The wifi connection works very random for me, mostly not at all. For example last evening, after successfully upgraded to the newest Ionic firmware version (which amazingly worked using wifi, the only time it have worked for me). Tried to install some nice watch faces and apps. None of the installs worked. I even got without any watchface for some time, but in some automagic way my original watch face came back.

Ionic connected to Sony Xperia Z5 Compact running Android 7 something
Best Answer

Installing clockfaces does not use WiFi 

it use Bluetooth 

i installed huelights, succesfully.

i can change clockfaces in seconds

After that the Ionic use WiFi to the bridge huelights flawless 

so there is a problem with yre Bluetooth or WiFi 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having similar issues trying to connect to WiFi. 

I love the Ionic as it seems to do most things well (but I liked my several Charge HRs also until they started Playing Up)

I had sworn I was never buying Fit Bit again after them but here I am again and I am thinking I just bought another lemon.  What use is it if I cannot connect through WiFi and updates through Bluetooth take forever and i cannot transfer music across. 

What is going on Mr FitBit?

Best Answer