Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Connection Issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues with the Wi-Fi connection?  I am only having issues with the weather, transferring music and Pandora (oddly enough I was able to set up Fitbit pay with no issues although it's not ready for deployment). When I went into the watch settings, I noticed that under IP address it reads "Wi-Fi off", however, my phone is stating that it is connected. I called the customer service line and found that I will need the Wi-Fi connection to work to utilize the features listed above. If anyone has a solution or if you need to vent about a similar issue please post a reply.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

two weeks ago we thought we had the wi-fi issue solved, if we go the music setting and "get music" this sent a signal to the computer and while it was connecting the ionic would connect to the wi-fi. and download etc. well it worked (for 2 weeks) today the ionic rebelled and shutdown, after talking to help desk,which was an evening wasted, the ionic crashed and we now have to send it back to them for a "warranty repair" I guess it did not like to work with the wi-fi or computers connected to it.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

The accepted solution to connect to wi-fi does not work:

On the phone app the wi-fi is set up and appears to be connected.

The Ionic displays a message :Wi - Fi not found

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution I came up with for the connectivity issue for the fit bit was somewhat simple.  I went to an Apple store and bought an Apple Watch.  Problem was solved instantly.

Best Answer
ROFL!! Yeah  maybe if I had an iPhone I would, but Um a galaxy girl.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.
Best Answer

it been 2 weeks now other than a tracking number (that comes back "on its way") still nothing buying the Ionic Fitbit was a huge laps in judgment, $300.00 could have been more wisely used but bought into the hype, and marketing by Fitbit more fool us.  

Best Answer
I have had it drop out of wifi and it seems like it is not connecting and
then when I leave home and come back it reconnects and syncs. It is a pain.
I am not as satisfied with this purchase. $300 is a lot to pay for
something that is giving us so many problems. When I have time I may have
to just get my money back for fitbit because my coworkers Charge works alot
better than mine at half the price! I thought the situation was fixed until
it dropped connection again.
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  Very frustrated.  I love my Fitbit Charge 2 and was excited about the added features and look of the Versa but if it doesn't work I'll have to return it.  

Best Answer

Sync'ing does not happen via WiFi. It happens via Bluetooth. If you have sync'ing issues you should be on another thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How stupid do you think I am?  

I’m not taliking about syncing. It just won’t connect at all to my private WiFi. 

It only connects to public WiFi which is useless as I need it to connect at home to add music. 

Best Answer

It seems to me that we should ALL get our money back!! How is it that we all have paid all this money for a SMART WATCH that is dumb as hell?? 

He is on the right thread. The this watch is **ahem**ed up thread. I am sick of this. I am contacting the better business bureau and showing them all of these threads! Fitbit is full of **ahem**. Yeah I am a poet and don't know it.

Best Answer

@johnga67 wrote:

How stupid do you think I am?  

I’m not taliking about syncing. It just won’t connect at all to my private WiFi. 

It only connects to public WiFi which is useless as I need it to connect at home to add music. 

Loads of people have posted here yet you seems to think I'm just referring to you even though you last posted before this 18 days ago? so I suggest you answer your own question.

Some people here are mistakingly posting about sync'ing for some reason, I suggest you read the thread in full next time.

@AlSo I wrote:

"If you have sync'ing issues you should be on another thread".

One assumes you aren't having sync'ing issues, rather connection issues so why do you have a problem with this statement? (Unless you can't read).

NB your issue is likely that your router is not using 2.4Ghz, and WPA2 encryption or similar. Perhaps you are using dual band and using identical identifiers. Maybe you need to move the watch closer to the router. Who knows without more detail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zumba46 wrote:

It seems to me that we should ALL get our money back!! How is it that we all have paid all this money for a SMART WATCH that is dumb as hell?? 

He is on the right thread. The this watch is **ahem**ed up thread. I am sick of this. I am contacting the better business bureau and showing them all of these threads! Fitbit is full of **ahem**. Yeah I am a poet and don't know it.

Yes he is, however you are in fact one of the people talking about sync'ing over WiFi.

"I have had it drop out of wifi and it seems like it is not connecting and then when I leave home and come back it reconnects and syncs."

??

Seems like you are muddling Bluetooth and WiFi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone wants to be technical with wording, but don't want to admit that what they are defending doesn't work and isn't worth $300!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not muddling anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zumba46 wrote:
I am not muddling anything. 

Really? So what exactly are you sync'ing over WiFi then?

""I have had it drop out of wifi and it seems like it is not connecting and then when I leave home and come back it reconnects and syncs."

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't read?? Wow you are rude. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a little more trial and error I'm not as frustrated.  This might not help anyone else but thought I would add it in case it can.

Of course the Wi-fi needs to be added to the watch.  Also the watch needs to be on the charger.  You will need to use the watch and your phone together to sync your watch over wi-fi to add music.  If my watch is not performing a wi-fi function I have found that it will show that it is not connected to wi-fi.  Also, for Pandora you must have a paid subscription to work.   I still need to work on getting my private music on my watch but one thing at a time.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zumba46 wrote:
Can't read?? Wow you are rude. 

As far as I'm aware you haven't stated what you are sync'ing over WiFi.

So either:

a) So here is your chance to show everybody just how stupid I am by telling me what you are sync'ing over WiFi (as far as I'm aware you haven't told us).

b) You are muddled and you are now going to "save face" by calling me rude etc.

Which is it to be? Regardless I grow weary of this conversation.

Your quote:

"I have had it drop out of wifi and it seems like it is not connecting and then when I leave home and come back it reconnects and syncs."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that’s what’s happing with me to from it saying WiFi off on the watch to it being connected on the phone what do I do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that. Didn't happen...........

Best Answer