Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more choices in Luxe's clock faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I sent the following email to Fitbit, but didn't even receive a reply:

I want to congratulate you on the creation of the most beautiful fitness device on the market, the new Fitbit Luxe.  It is dainty & beautiful, and truly a pleasure to wear! 

However, the Clock Face leaves a lot to be desired.  I spoke to a Fitbit customer representative, and he told me that the clock faces shown are the only ones available.  On my previous Charge 2, I was able to customize the stats I want to see at a glance.  For example, I was able to choose the time, date, steps and heart rate to show on the clock face.  Why would a newer Fitbit device allow less customization than a much older Fitbit device?

I posted my concern on Fitbit’s Facebook account with the following comment:  “Hello, I received my new Luxe yesterday.  It's beautiful & light, and I really want to love it, but what the heck are you guys thinking with the Clock Face choices?  Who looks at the time in big numbers in 2 lines?  This might be a deal breaker for me!  I love the way my old Charge 2 displays info: time, date, steps & heart rate. I spoke to a Fitbit customer representative & he said that is all the choices available for the Clock Face right now.  Please add Clock Face options to let us see useful information at a glance!!!  Attach pics are the current available Clock Faces.”

I received a reply to my comment which encouraged me to submit my suggestion on Fitbit Community where other “members can vote and increase the chance in getting our product team implement the idea in the future.  This is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our research, development, and product marketing teams.”

As suggested, I went to Fitbit Community and search for other members’ concerns about Luxe clock faces.  A Fitbit user, Styo, posted on the Fitbit Community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-Luxe-Clock-Faces-with-two-or-more-premade-st...😞  “Complete overhaul of the Luxe clock faces. Majority of the faces (13 out of 20) are just big numbers of the clock with minimal stats. There is not a single premade face with more than 2 stats. Out of the 13 similar faces, they are just different colors and font. We need to view stats at a glance, not the time and only time.”

Mr. Park, I am writing to plead for you to have your R&D teams implement the ability to customize stats like it was available in Charge 2.  As visually appealing as Luxe is, it is still a fitness device after all; we purchased the Luxe for its fitness device features first and foremost.  And since we are buying a fitness device, it is much more important to see our fitness stats than only the time like a watch.  With the way the current clock faces are, the user must swipe the clock face in order to see the stats that we are interested in.  I am writing to you instead of waiting for more Luxe users to comment and vote on this clock face suggestion because it is important and urgent for us Luxe users to have this feature which was available in the old Charge 2.  As it is, the Luxe is not as user friendly or useful as it should be for a personal fitness device.  

Please consider adding the feature to customize stats on the clock face as soon as possible!  As mentioned above, I am attaching the current available clock faces.  I would very much appreciate your quick response.  Thank you!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I just called Fitbit Customer Service to check if useful clock faces have been added, but the customer rep said the clock faces have not changed. We want more useful & customizable clock faces on the Luxe because we want to purchase a fitness device, not a watch.  I returned the Luxe I purchased previously, and I am waiting until useful clock faces are made available before purchasing another one!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

Totally agree!  Also can’t figure out how to change to a 24 hour clock!  

Best Answer

I fully agree -- some of the clock faces are very nice looking but don't have what I desire. I want to see the time and the day/date as constant. The ones where day/date flips through stats is annoying because I'm always having to tap through to get back to it. There's only one at the moment where it is always on day/date and its not the most appealing to me.  I love a few of the other options EXCEPT the day/date function. 

Best Answer

Fully agree!! It's completely baffling that a newer model would have less customization and clock features than its predecessors. I had the Inspire 2 prior, and loved how you could just see "all the stats" at a glance with one of their clock face designs. The Luxe, while a gorgeous device leaves a lot to be desired, I don't understand why you cannot set a clock face to show the stats at once. Its annoying having to scroll through the device each time I want to see steps or calories burned. Might return this and buy another Inspire again. 

Best Answer

Please release new clock faces. From an aesthetic point of view it's fun to change up the face of the device. It's like having a new fitbit. I love to change up clock faces using the existing options but more selection would be really nice. Heart rate is the most important feature for me. Larger font for heart rate  would be helpful as people over 50 with aging eyes can't see like they used to. And we don't wear readers while we are out walking. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

You are welcome to vote the feature suggestion shared in the first post above and if there is any change it should be communicated as soon as possible. For information about how Fitbit decides what Feature Suggestions are released please visit this post.

For instructions on how to change to a 12 or 24 hour clock, please visit this article.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Still waiting for new customizable clock face to be added before purchasing it again.  Returned the last one because I don't need a watch.  Please let us know when this feature is added to Luxe.  Until then, I am holding off on purchasing another Luxe.

Best Answer

I just received by Luxe and love it's look, but these clock faces are the worst..looks like some grade school kids made them.   Please fix it.

Best Answer

Totally agree. My old Fitbit let me pick the stats I wanted to see and let me have all of them on the main screen. I hate having to tap it to see what I want, I’d rather lift my watch arm and see it all at once. 

Best Answer

Well said!  Exactly what it looks like! Kindergarten drawings in a classy, sleek tracker! Awful!

Best Answer
And got an update today, and no new faces
Best Answer
Sad news!  But thanks for letting us know!
Best Answer

Our team has recently released a new firmware version (1.171.50) for the Fitbit Luxe which includes new clock faces. For information on what's new, please visit this post.

If you still don't see the option to update, please check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update.

Whether your Tracker is up to date but you don't see the new clock faces, please perform a restart by following these instructions.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
It would be helpful if the new clock faces are displayed (or at the least described) to show those of us who do not own a Luxe as we have no way to "Find new clock faces in the Fitbit Gallery in the Fitbit app."  I am waiting for new clock face options to be available before purchasing another Luxe after returning the one I purchased previously.

What is alarming is the update description says "We increased the font size on your tracker’s screen."  What?  We do not need the fonts to be bigger!  My complaint was that the fonts were already too big!  We need the fonts to be smaller so more useful information can be displayed!
Is the clock face now customizable like my old dying Fitbit Charge 2???  Can someone currently owns a Luxe, please let us know!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

@EdsonFitbit wrote:

Whether your Tracker is up to date but you don't see the new clock faces, please perform a restart by following these instructions.

Hi Edson,
I updated to the newest firmware, restarted the Luxe and my Android phone. Also cleared cache in the app, but alas, no new clock faces. Any other tips? 

Best Answer

I did receive the update and still no clock faces. 

Best Answer

Same I don't see any new clock faces. But the find my phone feature is nice! 

Best Answer
Ok I restarted the watch and they are a few more clock faces. Still would
like more analog selections. Thanks for the restart advice.
Best Answer

@lscadams There are some suggestions to decrease the font size of the Fitbit Luxe. You are welcome to vote the following ideas:

"Allow to adjust font size on Luxe display"

"Allow to decrease font size on Luxe"

When you say that your Fitbit Charge 2 clock face was customizable what clock face settings are you referring to?

@MicheleNL @stephsto @laura1mk1 Thank you for letting us know that you don't see the new clock faces after updating your Fitbit Luxe to the latest firmware version. This issue has been escalated. Once any information be available it will be communicated as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Prarie I'm glad to hear that you are able to see the new clock faces. You are welcome to make any suggestion in the Feature Suggestions board which is constantly monitored by our engineering team for future implementations.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes