Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Luxe battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I charged my Fitbit luxe 2 days ago and it’s dead. How do I extend the luxe battery life? Can I turn off all day syncing. If yes how do I do this. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124
I was hoping for that too and while it improved very very slightly, its a
far cry from the 4/5 days I used to get when u first started using this
model.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't fix my battery drain either unfortunately 😞  I was told nearly 2 months ago it was a known problem and there would be a firmware update to fix.  So was excited to finally see an update for the tracker, only to be sorely disappointed as it made no difference to my battery life. I have restarted it it from the tracker as well as pressing the button on the charger 3 times, but is losing battery life just as fast as before the update.

Best Answer

Is there a fix for this? I've tried every suggestion and still nothing. I'm finding it hard to get any replies straight away from anyone via the app and Facebook messenger 

Best Answer
There is no fix. They have kept saying they are working on it. I finally gave up and got one from Amazon and it lasts about a week or more….
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I think I am going to buy myself something else for Christmas... it
makes me very sad because I have been using fitbit products since they came
out!
Best Answer
Me too. We pre ordered the original fitbit but this is really ridiculous, I may have to switch as well.

Sent from Mail for Windows
Best Answer

Same! I don’t even get 24 hours of charge anymore.

Best Answer
Same here! I take it off and charge it all night at bedtime!
Best Answer

Didn’t Help! Getting fed up.

Best Answer

Dang this is awful its not even lasting a few hours, i sold on my old devices because I have never had these issues previously with fitbit 

Best Answer
Would be great if someone from FitBit gave us some sort of reply!
Best Answer
Nope. I can get through the day and have to take it off at bedtime and
recharge. I just have been too busy to do any more research or to figure
out if I just want to bite the bullet, take the loss of $$$ and go with
something different. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t hold your breath. Not sure why they are not acknowledging a rather obvious defect.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I called the fitbit help desk. They did a bunch of silly stuff and had me "give it a try". I called back a week later to let them know that the battery issue had not been resolved, and they approved an exchange. The bad news is that they have you send back your existing device and check it in before they will send you a replacement, so you will be without for at least a week. The good news is that my replacement device has been up and running since 4pm yesterday and is still at 83% battery life.  (even after doing all the firmware updates FYI) so it looks like I am back to fully functional with a device that will last at the promised 5+ days. 

If you haven't already- call or chat the helpdesk.

Also FYI, my mom got a luxe about a week after me and has had ZERO issues since early August. Her battery is running about 7.5 days and all the features work fine.  Looks like we are just the lucky crowd here 😛

Good Luck!! 

Best Answer

Where did you get the phone number for the fitbit help desk? I am happy you now have a battery that lasts!

Tracy

Best Answer

I have all the options except steps. I do it to track my sleep. However, I can't track my sleep due to the battery dying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , I have an open case now and hoping I will get an exchange too.  Thanks for the heads up that your newer devices are working well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you kindly share how you opened a case please?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , 

Sure I first spoke with someone on twitter @fitbitsupport and went through all the trouble shooting steps, they were also able to see the battery levels when I sync'd my device. The tech support opened a case for me and provided a number, I followed up on fitbit chat where they looked further and agreed there was an issue. I am now waiting for an email from Fitbit on next steps. 

Hope that helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received an email from Fitbit and I am unable to get a replacement because I bought on eBay. Even though it was new and sealed. I am now hoping to get my money back through that process 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes