Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Luxe battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I charged my Fitbit luxe 2 days ago and it’s dead. How do I extend the luxe battery life? Can I turn off all day syncing. If yes how do I do this. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

I did an update on the ipad but the ap still says version 20001.130.

how many times will i have to do this to fix my battery drain?

Best Answer

I contacted them through twitter, Lilly255 and got a reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app is always updated and it doesn’t fix the battery issue..  

Best Answer

I have the updated version, I top off my Fitbit every day when I shower and it still died last night. When will there be a fix for this issue?

Best Answer

I’ve spoken to Fitbit customer service twice in the past 2 days regarding this, and spoke to a customer service supervisor who gave me clearer information. 

the battery drain is a known issue which has started recently, affecting many luxe users who use the device connected to iPhones and IOS. 

they advised me to reset Fitbit and update the app and iOS, which did not resolve it. At this point they said they are aware of the issue and engineers are working to make a software or app update to fix the battery drain. They said there is nothing further they can do at the moment and cannot give a timescale of how long it will take to fix the issue. 

Customers who have purchased from Fitbit and are within 45 days of shipping date are entitled to a refund but after 45 days, no refunds will be given unless there are extenuating circumstances.

I plan to hold on a little longer and see if they fix it with an update otherwise I’m returning my luxe. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services.

As @Bubbletea2 has mentioned, we’re aware of this issue (affecting users who sync with iOS devices) and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I love my Luxe, best FitBit I've ever owned! No issues whatsoever. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This does not help at all. My Fitbit Luxe and my app are all updated. Looking at these comments I can see that you have sold us a faulty product, and are doing very little to deal with it. I have been a Fitbit user for years and years, but if I don’t get this resolved quickly, it will be my last Fitbit.

Best Answer

I charged my Fitbit to 100% last night at 10pm and it is totally drained and dead this afternoon.  Less then 19 hours. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

I have the same isse and i'm sync with android. I started few weeks with battery life 5 days which was great but now after system update it's less than 2 days. App and system are up2date. When is this issue getting resolved? From satisfied customer I'm switching slowly to regret..... 

--------------------------------

Hi, 

I have issue with degradation of my fitbit luxe battery life. I started few weeks ago with battery life 5 days which was great but now after system update it's less than 2 days. App and system are up2date I'm sync with Android device. I see many ppl have issues with battery, is this something which is getting resolved or should i return/ask for device swap? 

Best Answer

Hi @aleksrola a few posts above yours, a moderator stated that Fitbit is aware of this and working to resolve it. When there is more information, they will tell us. I had an Android app update yesterday myself and the firmware to update the Luxe is being released on a rolling basis.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

How will we notified if the problem is resolved? I am worried to hang on to the product,waiting for the fix to come, and lose the opportunity to return it. It would be helpful if they would put sales on hold for the Luxe, so we aren't all stuck with a device that is not working and have to pay for return fees. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank @Odyssey13 but actually @MarreFitbit mentioned few posts ago tgst they are aware od the issue with sync to ios devices while I'm experiencing issue with Android... SO not sure if it applies to my case and being worked on.... 

Best Answer

Hi @tut84  normally it's a post in the Luxe area or in the iOS or Android area if it is about our mobile devices. They are good about getting back with us to let us know. There wouldn't be a need to put a hold on the sales of the Luxe as not everyone is experiencing problems. My battery has been fine since day one and I have all the possible notifications enabled.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I'm thinking to get Luxe for some casual tracking. However going through the community. I'm seeing many people facing issues with battery and screen. 
I was wondering if you guys can put some insight on it so that I can decide on buying. 

PS. Its my first time buying a fitness tracker, And thus I really don't wanna fall for a buggy one.

Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I personally wouldn’t get it at the moment until the issues are fixed. I’ve returned mine- the product looked lovely, and the screen was fine for me but battery life was awful in my case, and customer service were not able to help, and themselves acknowledged it was a widespread issue about which they are getting many calls, but couldn’t say when it may be resolved.

I may repurchase if I can see the product is sorted but for the moment not risking it. 

Once you buy, the clock starts ticking because Fitbit allow 45 days for a product refund if you return the product, after which time they would only give it in extenuating circumstances. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am wondering the same thing. Do I wait or return it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same thing. I returned it and am waiting for the issue to be fixed.  In fact, I was checking today to see if the issue was fixed and saw your post.  How will we know when they fix it?

Best Answer

You are lucky..  Where did you buy it? 
my battery is now lasting about 3 days..   

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BethJayei will keep an eye on this forum and hope it will become apparent if they have done a software update to fix it.

I was not reassured at all by customer services so decided not to risk it and miss the return and refund time window. Such a shame as it would appear other Fitbits are great quality devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes