Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe battery drains quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone experiences LUXE battery draining fast? I got mine two weeks ago or so, and didn’t notice anything for the first few days. Then I started noticing it might be draining faster than what it claims to be. I have updated everything. 

Now I can confirm that mine didn’t even last 12hrs after fully charging today. 

I contacted support team and he told me Fitbit is currently trying to work on the battery issue of LUXE as it is a general issue reported. 

So I should just wait and come on Fitbit website everyday hoping I’d see an announcement on the matter? 

Also, is there a possibility that my device itself is defective, maybe? 

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Luxe is experiencing battery issues, let’s try some of the following steps: 

1. Confirm your Luxe has the latest firmware version. For more information please visit How do I update my Fitbit device? and What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?
  2. Check to see if you’re using high battery use features. For more information please visit Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  3. Let’s try a 3 press restart with your charging cable. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I have a 4 day old Luxe that has officially driven me batty. I have to charge it 1-2 times per day and support gave me troubleshooting tips that did not help. Very disappointed.in this product.

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  But mine lasts about a day and a half and then I need to recharge.  I did contact fitbit but they didn't really help and said to just monitor it.  I got one for my mum as a gift and hers is lasting 5-6 days before needing to recharge so I know mine is not behaving normally.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info. Good luck with yours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lets hope there is a fix for it soon 🙂

Best Answer

Same... Mine seems to work even fewer hours now! This is very frustrating. Plus, the notification for low battery won't come through either...

Best Answer

I miss my old Fitbit. The Flex 2 was so reliable.

Best Answer

I got my Luxe in June and it was fine until last week.  All of a sudden this week, it would not hold a charge longer than a day.  I found a phone number for Fitbit's support online.  With my Fitbit plugged in, they were able to "see" my battery history and agreed that it was not working.  They said a replacement would be provided.  A few minutes later, I had an email from them confirming that I would be sent a replacement at no charge.  I'm crossing my fingers that the next one works better.  Note that I purchased directly from Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am on a replacement now, too but it's doing the same thing yours is. It was fine, but now it's not. Not only the battery, but reminders to move.

Best Answer

I got my Luxe device last month & it was working fine, just two days ago the battery started to drain faster than it should; I rechecked it full last night & now it’s less than 40% already.

its updated to the latest version & I deactivated all notifications, also made sure about the screen light & awake time.

nothing worked!

Best Answer

@MzBrBr I don’t know if it will help but when I was having problems and nothing else was working I wiped the device and started over. And then it started operating like it was supposed to. I am still having battery issues myself but it’s not consistent. But it definitely doesn’t last as long as my charge three did. Sometimes it lasts 2-3 days, but most of the time the most I get is about 16-18 hours then it's below 70%

Best Answer

Mine was draining from straight out of the box.  Spent about a month going through trouble shooting with fitbit (I had to constantly follow up unfortunately). Then about 6-7 weeks ago I was told it was a known issue with the Luxe and a fix was being worked on.  I was told I would be contacted as soon as there was a firmware update to fix it, but alas nearly two months on I have heard nothing. 

Best Answer

Had a firmware update today so hopefully that may help with the battery life.  The font is bigger as well so it is easier to see the stats.

Best Answer

I did it, too. Hoping for the best and that it fixes the plethora of issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well unfortunately my battery is still draining 😞 

Best Answer

Same thing here 🙄

it’s useless!

Best Answer

I just got mine at Best Buy a week ago and the same issue. I charged it at night on the 9th and it lasts maybe 3 days at best— I have to charge it again already and I didn’t make it to the night. All notifications are turned off. I have to tap the screen to turn on. I changed to the simple clock face. I only sync morning and night. I too contacted support and they told me it lasts UP TO 5 days so as long as it’s within that range it’s perfectly fine. I think it’s the same issue that happened with the inspire and they had to get an update for it to fix it. I already had them credit the warranty back as I intend to return it to the store since they refused to exchange it. I honestly don’t need the SpO2 so I’m fine going back to the inspire. At least I know I can get up to 9 days of life on that with everything turned off. I would consider an Apple Watch, but I just don’t need, nore do I want all of the apps and features. They also require daily charging which I want to get away from. I won’t wear my watch if I have to charge it so frequently as I will forget to put it on and go about my day.

I just want to track my steps, workouts, heart rate and sleep. No fluff. I truly hope they fix this issue because the color screen was a nice touch and sometimes easier to see in the sunlight. Sadly this is just defective tech.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and I also got my Luxe last fall.  I am going to see what they say about mine!

Thanks!

Best Answer

Yeah I returned the luxe to Best Buy and I got the inspire 2 instead. Much better battery! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Luxe on monday night, it was on 15% today at around the same time. That 48 hours. Going to charge to max again and if its draining fast again going to return to Amazon.

Best Answer