Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Anguish 2017 (Step) Goal Challenge

ANSWERED

How It Works:

The purpose of this challenge is to keep track of your daily step goals for August 2017. This is not a competition to see who can do the most amount of steps, instead it is a challenge to measure your consistency. So whether you do 1k, 5k, 10k or even 40k steps a day, this is measuring how many days out of 31 for the month can you hit your goal.

Some of you might have a constant goal of 10k steps every single day and some might have a variable goal throughout the week, for example.

Monday -> Friday = 10k steps a day

Sat & Sun = 6k steps a day

Regardless of how you structure your daily goals, the only thing that matters for this challenge is whether or not you reach what you set out to do.

Suggested Posting Format

1) Post either your constant or variable step goal.

2) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

Optional

3) Post either your constant or variable (anything you want) goal.

4) Keep track of the # of daily goals achieved / 31.

The optional items list has grown over the past months.  That's why the title has steps in ().  In the end it's about setting goals and improving habits.  So the optional items can really be anything.  Running, biking, weight lifting, food goals, etc.  Some will add a goal that is not daily - ie. wanting to do so many strength training workouts in the month - so you might be aiming for a number that is less than 31 for some goals -- maybe 5, 10, or 15.  Really, it's just completely open.

Injury Notice

If you injure yourself during the month and decide scale back the number of steps due to the injury, then all you have to do is adjust your daily step goal for that period. If you normally do 10k steps a day but pull a hamstring and decide to do minimal walking (2k steps a day), then all you have to do is change your goal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

August 29
Goals
10K steps/day 29/31 + 11K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 29/31 + 59 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 29/31 + 7 bonus reps
14/14 lifting days

August 30
Goals
10K steps/day 30/31 + 8K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 30/31 + 19 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 30/31 + 9 bonus reps
14/14 lifting days

Beautiful fall weather forecast for Baltimore/DC over the next few days ... so Jane and I decided to fly down to South Florida yesterday for a little end of summer R&R.  And it still is summer down here.  Looks like 90+ for the duration, with periodic thunderstorms.  :-).  Only complaining a little bit, though.  We had dinner at a brewpub on Hollywood beach last night and it really felt like vacation.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Day 30: School starts in less than a week. My daughter is already sad that vacation is almost over and I cannot believe summer is over :(.

1) 10 k Steps --> 25/30

2) Push up --> 25/30

3) Plank --> 25/30

Best Answer

August Anguish ends today and Stomping September is up.  Post your goals people! And encourage your friends.  More peeps = more encouragement and more success!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Day 31: wow... month is gone already?  

1) 10 k Steps --> 26/31

2) Push up --> 26/31

3) Plank --> 26/31

mm... Am I happy with my August performance? No. Missed five days of reaching the goal set for the month. not good at all... 😞  Not sure whether I want to commit myself for September

Best Answer

August 31
Goals
10K steps/day 31/31 + 17K bonus steps
1 Push-up/day 31/31 + 19 bonus reps
1 Pull-up/day 31/31 + 14 bonus reps
15/14 lifting days (one extra day for the month)

On to September!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Goals: Steps 10 k, floors 35, miles 5 per day.

Aug 30th - Trail riding day. got a new app for my phone to track my rides and it counts steps and miles. 

Horse - 14,4 k steps, 94 floors, 7.73 miles

Ben - fitbit totals - 25.4 steps, 99 floors, 11.6 miles

so I netted 11 k steps, 5 floors, 4 miles

8/31 - 14 k steps, 44 floors, 6.3 miles

month goals: steps 28/31, floors 28/31, miles 27/31

Best Answer
0 Votes