Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Challenge...Who will join me?

Hello fellow fitbitters,

I am pretty new here, but I love my Flex and the motivation it has given me so far.  I have decided to challenge myself further by starting this thread for a challenge for the month of August.  My challenge for the month of August will be to lose a minimum of 5 lbs., maintain at least 10k steps per day, and continue to log my food on a daily basis.  Your challenge can be whatever you want it to be.  Please feel free to share and we can motivate each other throughout the month and share our results.

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

I just got my fitbit in the mail yesteday and set it ip today. I love it. I accept that challange of 5 lb loss in August. I usually get 10,000  steps a day, but I am also doing 45 min on an old NordicTrac ski machine at least 5 times a week and a 12 to 14 bike ride twice a week along with weight training.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I`m with you on the sleep issue and the fitness.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in for the August challenge too.  I will maintain my 20500 steps and try to lose 5 lbs. I also log food diary daily on MFP

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is just what I was looking for!  Thank you for setting it up!

I`ve had my fitbit flex since May & I love it, but its the food I struggle with.

I`m not looking to diet, more tweak my healthy eating to encourage weight loss Cat Very Happy

I have reprogrammed my fitbit to 12,500 steps, as I regularly hit the 10,000 in my current job - this may change in September. Boo Hiss Cat Sad

And I try & run twice a week & the gym once or twice a week, depends on life/ work/ volunteering job.

My goal is to spend the next 30 days, eating better, drinking less alcohol, more water & exercising more regularly.  I want to lose about 5 stone in total, but 5lb this month will do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is great, I'm going to try to eat what is good, I do drink 35oz of water first thing in the morning after I weigh myself.Anybody else drink water the first thing in the morning?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in,...did anyone start a activity group?

Marti

Marti
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did...please join us...

At Gandhi's suggestion, I have created a community group for us August Challenge folks.  Of course, I hope that we can continue on each month from there.  The group name is: ~~Monthly Challenge Group~~ Starting 8/1/14.  Please join us there...spread the word!

Best Answer

Sounds good, maybe we can share what helps to keep us on our path to reach our goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm in for the August challenge. Tomorrow (3rd) happens to be my birthday, and in a year I have only lost 4 pathetic pounds. Hoping my new Fitbit One will help make me lose lots of weight! Good luck everyone!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ususally have 2 cups of water with a small breakfast flisha.  I find that if I start my water early, I can make my quota for the day easier.

Best Answer

Happy early birthday LovingLife.  Come join the activity group if you haven't done so already (see a few posts up).

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are all in this together you can do it, we need to take one day at a time I have problem  with that weight. I need to watch my portions  and cut them down, this helps to write them down  and see I'm eating to much, good luck we can do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy Birthday hope you have a great dayon the 3rd.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you eat for breakfast? I have a smootie with a little proten, I don't add suger but I make them to big everything adds up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in! I have had my fitbit since Jan. and am not consistant with wearing it or getting my needed steps! I am committing to 10,000 steps min a day with 45min of those being active minutes. Would love to lose 6 pounds by end of month. Must cut back on wine at night!

@lyro wrote:

Hello fellow fitbitters,

I am pretty new here, but I love my Flex and the motivation it has given me so far.  I have decided to challenge myself further by starting this thread for a challenge for the month of August.  My challenge for the month of August will be to lose a minimum of 5 lbs., maintain at least 10k steps per day, and continue to log my food on a daily basis.  Your challenge can be whatever you want it to be.  Please feel free to share and we can motivate each other throughout the month and share our results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've cut down the size of smootie,  I'm measureing how many cups or oz I'm really taking in during the day. Now time to walk more and keep moving 5 pounds you're going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use my iPhone and an app called Lose IT to track my food intake and exercise and it links back up to my FITBIT.  I love it so I thought I would share this information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all...just a reminder that we have started an activity group: Monthly Challenge Activity Group-Starting 8/1/14.  Please join us there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also new to the fitbit.  I have had mine for almost a month now.  I think the August challenge sounds like a great idea.

I want to continue to lose weight.  I am hoping for 16 lbs this month.  To hit the elliptical at the gym 5 days out of the week.  To get 64oz of water or more a day, and reach my 10,000 steps a day. 

Good Luck eveyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes