Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

But I still can't lose any weight

I keep track of my food. I stay to the calorie limit per My Fitness Pal.  I'm exercising 3-4 times a week but I'm not loosing.  Any suggestions on what to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
68 REPLIES 68

when this happened to me, I needed to kickstart my metabolism.

I did this by drinking diet whey protein and taking sida cordifolia.

I took the sida cordifolia for about a month, but i still take the protine shakes they help alot.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/sida-cordifolia-capsules.html

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do these substances have any side effects - I was thinking in terms of your user name!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Protein shakes are a very healthy thing to take to supplement your diet, and can and will help you lose weight.

(copied from bulk powders)

Sida Cordifolia is derived from a herb that has potent extracts, commonly used for fat loss. Indeed, it is often said that there is no stronger natural fat loss product than Sida Cordifolia.  this product has been standardised to contain at least 10% of the fat loss promoting alkaloids.

Sida Cordifolia has been used for centuries across the world and is native to India. Athletes and bodybuilders use it extensively to help reduce fat.

Side effects you may see are:

Feeling Hot, sweating more, and faster heart rate. i have had none of these but that is due to my body mass and tollerance for pretty much anything i shove in my hole.

they give extreme energy boost, and i mean it is noticable, its like the differance between sitting on a bike for cardio and enjoying it, and sitting on the bike for cardio and wanting to get off after 20 mins, I have lasted 2 hours on my bike after taking these before within my fat burning heart rate and when done gone for a 3 hour walk.

I recommend them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an FYI, Sida Cordifolia is a thermogenic and contains ephedrine. I think ephedrine is safe, but it has been a problem for people with heart issues. Make sure you know how you tolerate stuff like that before you take it. 

Best Answer

Smiley LOL

very funny Samr... 

Inga
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now if you don't like the taste of water, I just recently started to add 3-4 thin slices of orange to my water!  Adding citris fruit like oranges or lemons can speed up the fat burning process and help you feel more energized!!  It's also a great source of Vitamin C!!  I also read through Ivillage this;  Flush out your system and your metabolism by sipping glasses of cucumber. The natural diuretic effects of this vegetable containing potassium and vitamins A and C, flushes out toxins and revs up your metabolism moving. Add 6-8 slices of cucumber to a pitcher of water and then refill your glass for a cool, refreshing drink!!  Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  My Fitness Pal is telling me I am not eating enough.  The weight is coming off slowly.  What a battle..Too much or too little. 

Best Answer

I agree with the measurements.  I can tell by my clothes even though I am only down 10 lbs.  I just got rid of pants, shorts and capris that fall off me.  It is not all about weight.  I need to remember that myself at times.  Keep it up and don't get discouraged.

Best Answer

I would like to see you diary!  How do i gain access to it.  I am looking for any help I can get LOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So your question is how do you access your diary in "My Fitness Pal?"  In the upper left corner you click on the 3 horizontal lines, then push "Diary", then on the right corner is a plus sign, click on this to add your entries of what you had to eat today! Hope this helps you out!  Any more questions, hopefully I can try to help you out! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

She's right. Just friend me and see my logs. I haven't logged the last few days since I have been out of town at my dad's, he had surgery. I'll be back to logging tomorrow. 

Inga
Best Answer
0 Votes

My doctor has me doing the following and I am being successful.  I eat 6 times a day. 200-250 calories at a time.No sugar or sugar substitues added to anything.  No starchy vegetables, no bread, no pasta, no potatoes, no fried food.  I eat lean protein and vegetables with some fruit.  I only get carbs from the vegetables and fruit.  No beverages other than 1  coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day.  It sounds really hard and the first 2 weeks is really tough.  But then, you realize that you are feeling so much better.  I am averaging 2 lbs a week.  I am post menopausal and the weight has not moved with any other diet or plan.  So I am really glad that it is with this one.  It is keeping me motivated!  I am sleeping better and feeling overall a lot better.  The exercise is easier to do because I don't feel so drained!

Best Answer

I don't weigh or measure a thing that I eat and I have lost 18.6 pounds since January 4th. I have been following Chris Powell's (ABC's Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss show) plan. It's the easiest weight loss plan I've ever done and believe me I have tried them all. His book is called the Carb Cycling Solution. It's not a crazy diet like Atkins. It's basically an eating plan that does not let your body get used to a certain structure. You have three low carb days a week and three high carb days and one cheat day. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are the low carb days and I chose Saturday as my cheat day. I eat foods from his recommended list and and I don't weigh, measure or track any of it. I am also following his exercise plan. It's a graduated plan. You start out with 30 minutes a day of cardio. It's broken out into six minute segments with varying intensity. Every two weeks you add six minutes until you reach 60 minutes by the 12th week. I am exercising 6 days a week.

I need to lose at least 60 pounds more like 70 if I can make it that far. So far by following his plan I have had great results. I have also been taking my measurements and have really lost a lot of inches already. For me personally I needed to find a plan that required the least amount of work. In the past Weight Watchers has always been my go to. This year I decided I didn't want to do anything that was going to cost me money so I started this plan and purchased a fitbit. I love my fitbit. I am beholden to it. I make sure to hit a minimum of 10K steps per day. The only day I don't worry is Sunday. That is my rest day from any exercise.

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to toss this out there since I really feel it's an easy plan to follow and having the cheat day has really helped. During the week I can work through any cravings because I know Saturday is right around the corner!  Good luck to you.

Best Answer

That is a great reminder. I have found the same thing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something must be very wrong if exercising is making you gain weight. I know a lot of people think they can eat more just because they are exercising. I too need to lose 60 pounds. Exercising has been the one thing that has really sped up the weight loss process. I used to exercise for 30 minutes a day four times a week and I thought that was good enough along with a diet plan. Totally not the case. I have been doing an hour a day 6 days a week and my results have dramatically improved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know exactly how you feel.  Been doing ww and doing well as soon as I exercise(cardio)I stop losing.  I thought the fitbit would help and it has motivated me to exercise even more and I can't believe how much I have been dancing and loving it.  It is very frustrating when you see no results and are doing the right thing,  I am just going to do what I have been doing because I feel great.  Good luck to you and don't give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something i have found in my experience, since counting calories, is that it's not just the calorie count it's WHAT the "food" is.  when i have any bread in my meal, i gain weight over night!! One slice of bread, even when my daily calorie allowance has been 250 under, i gained 1.5 lbs. over night!!  So, for me, it's not just counting calories.   Maybe i'm gluten sensitive. Has anyone else had this experience?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I cannot get past 170, I have upped my protein, work out more. Very frustrating, my husband started 3 weeks ago and down 15 pounds, grrrrrr. I put everything in my food diary. I still get confused when it keeps adding calories I can eat.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is what helps me and hopefully it will help you. Write everything down in "MyFitnessPal", exercise at least 20 minutes a day and drink 1/2 of your body weight in oz of water. So I weigh 142, so I drink 72 oz of water every day! Hope this helps you!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rather than strictly limit your calories, make sure you are eating based on your BMR http://www.younglifenorthdekalb.com/fitness/bmr_meal_calculator.php

Eat healthy, real foods. The less processed, the better!

Best Answer