Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you lost weight since you got your Fitbit?

I am the exact same weight as I was when I got my Flex 3 1/2 months ago!

How about you?

I'm hoping with Spring here and Summer around the corner, that my walking will increase. 

Moderator edit: title

Best Answer
1,791 REPLIES 1,791

I'm 14 pounds down in 3 monthes!! Keepworking hard, you'll get there!! xx c: <333

Best Answer

March 26, 2016

I got my fit-bit on January 7, 2016 and joined one of the challenge groups here. At the time, I weighed 183 lbs. I lost 11 lbs. by Valentine and another 11 lbs. by Easter. Right now I weigh 159.5 lbs (22 lbs. total). What did I do to achieve this?

- I reduced the portion size of my food intake, 

- I increased the veggie intake (3/4 of my meal).

- I decreased the meat and starchy foods

- I reduced dairy products (except for 1 cup of 2% milk for breakfast)

- I logged my entire food intake and followed the feedback that I received from my Fit-bit app.

- I walked (fast walk) at least three times/week for 30 minutes. I noticed that when I don't walk, my scale stays the same. As soon as I walk for just 30 minutes, the scale goes down the next morning.

- I weighed myself every morning. 

Joining the community in challenges that are realistic has helped me stay inspired and motivated.

I just sat a new goal to lose another 10 lbs. by May 12. That is about 1.5 lbs./week, and will take me to 150 lbs. I intend to continue this until I reach my perfect weight, and then keep a lyfestyle that would allow me to maintain my perfect weight. I don't know what my perfect weight is yet, but when I get there, I will know it.

Best wishes to you all! 

Ellie

Best Answer

happy birthday gypsy

it takes time and effort, which is probably why people keep failing

this time I am using Jeremy Clarkson off Top Gear to motivate me, or rather his belly 😉

whereas before I used to just think, I am going to lose weight, then after a while, I will look at say Fish and Chips and then say sod it, whereas now, I think yes, but I will have to burn it off, or if before buying them, I need to earn those calories

Best Answer

Started March 1, 2016 and am down 15 so far. Wish I had started with the FitBit sooner.

Best Answer

Got my fitbit for christmas (2015). My kids told my wife it was a waste of money..My last physical had me at 255. Used it for the 1st time Dec 26th. 702 miles, 1400 filghts of stairs later, I am down to 213. I have changed my eating habits, not much different, just less, and I have found that I love to walk. Recently I woke up with a resting heart rate of 45 bpm, and my BP is well under what my last doctors visit showed. My next goal (210) is 3 pounds away then on to 200 with a final goal of about 185. The fitbit is a wonderful motivational tool, and watching numbers go up and down is a great reward for me. I hope everyone can have the same amazing ride I am having.

Best Answer
If you already have the motivation to exercise etc then yes, but many don't and like you said, this is where Fitbit and Myfitnesspal come in

But some people think, I'll buy the Fitbit and I will lose weight, it isn't that easy, you still need to put effort and commitment into it
Best Answer

I agree, my son is pushing 300, we got him one for his birthday, and although he wears it, the only steps he is taking are from the bedroom to the kitchen and back for more video game time.

Best Answer

I started using my Fitbit Zip on January 1st weighing 292lbs.  To date I've lost 38lbs.  

I'm enjoying logging my food, thinking about better choices (I've still got a way to go there but slow improvement is better than none!) and, most of all, walking at every opportunity.  I average 7 miles per day but I've been careful to integrate it into my routine so I'm not creating an unrealistic expectation where I can go off on a walk every day for 4 hours!   

I'm feeling so much better - long may it continue 🙂

Best Answer
@Emujo been there, I think alot of kids have

Make him earn the game time, i.e. 2 minute walk for 5 minute game time or something like that
Best Answer

I have had my fitbit for almost a year now and I can say that I've become more active and I have lost 10 lbs since then.  I need to be more realistic to myself.  Being active is also eating healthy and taking better care of myself.  We all lose weight differently and need to remember that we are achieving our own goals not anyone elses.  I am thriving to be a healthy active me for me not anyone else.

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit charge HR last June and have actually gained 10 pounds. I can't say any of it has been muscle, but the last 5 weeks I've been exercising 4 days a week (something I haven't been consistent with since I was pregnant 4 years ago) and seeing the results of my workout has been really motivating. My biggest issue is logging food. I'm a bartender at a bottleshop so my entire day is around beer and people drink that stuff like water, and I got into the habit of drinking 3+ beers a day some days. It's been a process to work my way back down, even being exposed to it all day/night long. Anyways, it's tough to log that stuff but I think the most important thing is to be blunt and realistic with yourself. 

Best Answer

The more I walk, the more I gain... no loss, but gains usually off in couple of days!  Soooo Frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having similar issues. At 56, I've been exercising my entire adult life, actually started working out in a gym at 16. I walk daily, do yoga, elliptical & weights, pilates reformer... at least 60-90 minutes daily. Eat healthy low fat all natural diet.  I've been working on loosing 6 lbs gained in last 2 years, so keep caloric intake to levels that should cause loss. Yet, the weight gained in the last two years won't come off, which is why I got the FitBit, thinking it would give me a more accurate read on intake vs. output. Not so. Gained another pound.

Maybe its just mid-life hormones. But I'm not ready to accept this as "normal". It feels terrible!

Best Answer

If exercise is new to your routine, remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so the conversion doesn't show up how you want it to on the scale at first, but it will shift in time! Use how you feel and how your clothes fit as your guage, rather than the scale.  Bottom line, Stick with it!!

Best Answer

I read some of these posts about giving up many things that people think of as mainstream America, and I am so happy for the people, but I did that years ago as you have been discussing.  Middle age female...uuugghh.  but I am thankful for the lowered BP and pulse resting rate.  That will have advantages for years to come.

Best Answer

Ellie, these are all great steps!  Be careful of the milk cutout.  Calcium does wonders for your entire metabolism and chemical reactions throughout your body.  Calcium will also protect your spine and feet, and back bones from being reduced as you age.  I am not a Dr. just going by the inner workings of my own body.

Best Answer

I lost 9 lbs since I got my Charge HR and could track my activity, allso tracking my food in MFP helped alot (:  I'm from the Netherlands so tracking it with fitbit (US database) doesn't work for me. My goal is another 20 lbs but not in a set time or anything, I changed my lifestyle so it will happen in time if I keep this up I hope. Congrats everyone else on their weightloss!

Best Answer

2 months in and 22lbs down 🙂 

I particularly love my Aria scales !  its all about monitoring.. getting to know your own body, something I havent done in the past with earlier attempts at dieting.  

Just being able to monitor calorie intake on the excellent fitbit dashboard has really been an eye opener.  I am now making sure I am in deficit most of the time but do allow myself the odd treat.  I try to replace my usual "nice things" with low calorie versions (ie: beer; coors light at around 100 calories a pop).  I also am using dietchef.co.uk to keep the calorie count down.

Curiously I note that often I will go a pound up one day and then drop as much as 3lb the next day. 

Thanks fitbit... its just working for me 🙂 

Don 

Best Answer

Green across the board yesterday and the scales reflected it this morning.

Taking Friday off and going uptacamp for some R&R. Wish I could take y'all with me 🙂

Best Answer

I started WW on December 29, 2015 and have lost about 10 lbs.  I bought the Flex 2 weeks ago and have seen a big difference in how much I move.  I try to log my daily intake in the mornings and stick to it all day.  That way I can see how much more I need to keep moving.  So far, it's helped a lot.

Best Answer