Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2017 Step Goal Challenge.

ANSWERED

Well, back again for the New Year!!!!

-This challenge doesn't have anything to do with USW, CW, GW, UGW, or PW. 

-Instead, the goal is reach the most amount of daily step goals during the month January-2017.  Challenge yourself to hit 31 out of 31 days. Increasing the # of daily checkins increases the chances of achieving 31/31 days. If you discover this mid month, no problem just post away.

-In addition to steps, I thought it would be interesting to add a calories burned  goal as well.

Posting format:

1) List your daily step goal

2)  List the # of daily step goals achieved during January-2017

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) List your daily burned calorie goal.(Optional)

4) List the # of daily burned calorie goals achieved during January 2017 (Optional)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck everyone, all the best for 2017

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

Missed the ice storm by 50 miles! Stayed well north of us. Heavier rain today may have to go to the gym.

Yesterday: 17.2 K steps, 60 floors, 2900 cal

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

13/14 step

12/14 burn

Best Answer
0 Votes

11,965 steps 

2,016 calories

First day with Fitbit. 

Best Answer

10,000 step goal -- 10/31

2,300 burn goal -- 12/31

I missed check in yesterday. I didn't reach my step goal Friday and yesterday. Managed to hit calorie burn on Friday but not Saturday. I got a decent number of steps in both days but was too distracted to pay attention to my shortfall. 

Best Answer

15,000 steps |  4000 calories

13/31             |  9/31

Hit the steps, but not the calories yesterday.  I chose sleep instead.  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

11,330 steps

1,742 calories 

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

14/15 step

13/15 burn

Half of January toast, perfect! One step closer to spring.

Best Answer

Hit my targets on Friday, but didn't hit my step target on the weekend. I did hit my calorie goal, though, and that's the important thing.

Friday: 13.7K steps / 2.7K calories

Saturday: 5.6K steps / 2.5K calories

Sunday: 5.8K steps / 2.4K calories

Step Goal: 8000  > 10/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 12/31

Best Answer

A great week in spite of the weather.

Jan 8 - 12.4 K steps, 55 floors, 5.6 miles

9th - 16.4 K, 77 floors, 7.41 miles

10th- 18.4 K, 76 floors, 8.3 miles

11th - 12.3 K, 33 floors, 5.7 miles

12th - 20.6 K, 78 floors, 9.3 miles

13th - 17.2 K, 60 floors, 7.7 miles

14th - 15.5 K, 41 floors, 7.1 miles

Sunday 17th - 17.2 K, 40 floors, 7.8 miles

My wife wanted a Fitbit for Christmas so I gave her a Charge 2 & she loves it. It tells her to get up and move if she doesn't have 250 steps in an hour! So we both get up from reading or computer/TV and walk around the house for at least 250 steps.  This has really increased my step goal. Befor Christmas my weight was down to 160, then two weeks of Holiday meals and sweets - pushed my weight back to 163 by Jan 2nd. Now, with the extra walking I'm back to 160 for the last 3 days.

Best Answer

15,000 steps |  4000 calories

14/31             |  10/31

Yesterday was a write-off.  Doing something simple my foot slid out from under me and I've wrenched/pulled something in my upper hip.  Between a couple of soaks in the hot tub, time in the sauna, and some time with the heating pad... it's back to manageble today.  Walking is okay, but the rower, elliptical and lifting weights are all out for a couple of days.  I managed plenty of steps and calories burned as well today though.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
Sorry you got hurt, hope it heals quickly!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I walked 12,723 steps and burned 1,992 calories. My goal was to walk 10,000 steps. 

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

15/16 step

14/16 burn

@A_Lurker

Sorry to hear you injured your hip. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Your taking it easy/rest it plan sounds like a good idea.

Best Answer

10,000 step goal -- 12/31

2,300 burn goal -- 14/31

I missed check in yesterday. I hit both goals for the last two days. I'm on track to hit them today as well. It is nice to be in a grove.

@A_Lurker Hope you are feeling better. 

Best Answer

Did week 6 day 2 of C25K on the treadmill at home last night, so no problems hitting my step goal. Never thought that I'd become a runner but I'm really proud of making it this far through the program.

14.7K steps, 3K calories

Step Goal: 8000  > 11/31

Calorie Goal: 2300 > 13/31

@A_LurkerSucks about your hip! Easing your way back into things is definitely the way to go.

Best Answer

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post for today.  I'm past the 15,000 steps but probably won't hit the 4000 calories (you never know though).  I've also started doing some food planning for tomorrow as I'm pretty much always under at the end of the day but then have to look for something to eat.  I've set tomorrow to where I know I'll hit at a minimum and can adjust as I go.

Best Answer

18,768 steps

2,012 calories burned

Best Answer

11k step & 4k burn

16/17 step

15/17 burn

Best Answer

10k step goal and 2k calorie burn

16/17 step

14/17 burn

Best Answer

10,000 step goal -- 13/17

2,300 burn goal -- 15/17

I hit my targets yesterday. Optimistic about today eventhough I'm 'resting' today.

Best Answer