Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 4th to September 3rd 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stCSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndCSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

3rdCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Third Challenge Starting Weight

4thCSW - 209.8 (7/4/17) Fourth Challenge Starting Weight

5thCSW - 209.0 (9/04/17) Fifth Challenge Starting Weight

6thCSW - 206.4 (10/31/17) Sixth Challenge Starting Weight

7thCSW - 212.4 (1/1/18) Seventh Challenge Starting Weight

8thCSW - 210.2 (2/14/18) Eighth Challenge Starting Weight

9thCSW - 212.2 (4/1/18) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW (7/4/18) - 207.6

LW - 208.6

CW - 207.6

GW - 197.6 (9/3/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Have been really watching my eating lately so took a day off for 4th of July. Total food binge - beef sandwich, ribs, pasta, some fruit and salad along with a can of soda and a margarita slushy - and that was just one meal. We were celebrating my husband's aunt's 90th birthday. Back on today but it felt great not to limit myself. 

On to the challenge!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in!! I'll do a weigh in Sunday or Monday and put my weights in. 

My goal is to get on track and see some progress. Just a little progress will be enough boost to motivate me to continue. Change. I need change. 

BTW, I finally went over to the YMCA and rejoined. Monday morning I'll begin going back to water aerobics classes. 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm starting again with this Challenge. I definitely have to be serious and get moving for sure as my weight keeps spiraling up. A little history- I got a FitBit for Christmas 2016 and started my weight loss journey. I weighed 235 and lost about 30 pounds in 5 months. Then the loss slowed, and hot summer weather hit (I live in SC, so it's hot and humid.) I'm also a teacher, so during the summer, no routine usually means lots of in-house time, tv time, and much laziness. So over the last year, I've gained back those 30 pounds plus 10 more. I don't want to keep going up, so I'm committing to start moving again, beginning today, this morning once I've finished typing this. I'm sad to say that my first goal is simply 10 minutes on the treadmill every day, as well as some outside playing with my 3 year old son. I used to walk much more and hope to get back my stamina soon. Reading and responding to these challenges really helped me at first, so I'm planning to read and respond every day or so on here. Happy losing everyone!

USW - 235 lbs (12/25/16)

SW - 244.4 lbs 

PW - 242.8 lbs (7/2/18)

CW - 244.4 lbs (7/8/18)

GW - 237 lbs (about 1 lb per week)

MGW- 199 lbs

UGW- 125 lbs

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here I go again, last challenge started well but shin splints had me back where I started. The weather is now hottest in Ireland for decades so lots of bad food and drink choices. Time to draw a line and start again. 

USW 113.9kg (250.6lbs) 01/15/18

1st CW 97.7kg (215lbs) 05/16/18

2nd CW 98.2kg 07/08/18

MGW 95kg (6lbs) 06/01/18

GW 91kg (200lbs) 07/04/18

UGW TBD possibly around the 76kg (167lbs)

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far, so good. I walked 10 min yesterday and 11 minutes today. My plan is to add 1 minute each day until I am able to walk 30-60 minutes each day like I used to. Added to that, for my steps, I'm planning to make sure I at least hit my weekly average or more each day until I'm back to 10,000-12,000 steps per day. When I think of what I used to do and how far I let myself drop, it makes me sick to my stomach. It was a lot of work to be able to be 'active', and I let it all go. I'm determined this time to get back to being active and continue losing weight. 

Also, I know weight fluctuates from day to day, but it was encouraging to see that I was down 1 pound today. Hopefully that trend will continue! 

I'm also drinking a lot of water and counting my calories, but I still ate an extra high calorie snack last night. Nighttime snacking is my downfall. I need to watch that. 

Have a great day everyone!

Best Answer

I'm in.  Been on vacation for 5 days and gained 3 lbs. Was active but was also not eating well. Lots of carbs because I was on the go so much.  So back to the drawing board.  Weight loss has been slower and harder this round.  Not sure why but will have to figure it out.  That also means grocery shopping in the veggie dept.  And protein.  We will see where I end up this time.  At least I have increased my water intake especially since it is so hot and humid in Texas.  On with the new challenge!!  Every one have a great week.

USW - 172

SW - 172.2

CW - 172.2 

PW - 170

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - 150

MGW - 160

UGW- 145

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see so many familiar "faces"!

We got this! We got Fitbit! And we have eachother!

Have a glorious day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Monday. First day back to the water aerobics class at the YMCA.  It was good. I found my heart rate to be low so I pushed hard and got it around 120. Still not fantastic, but I find if I do enough to get it higher (high paced walking, hiking, jogging) then I'm doing too much impact and I injure myself. It's soooo tricky. 

USW - 380

SW - 296.4

CW - 294

GW - 290

UGW- anything under 200 and then we'll see

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 🙂

I really want to join in this weekly weight in...

I first got a Fit bit last year in April 2017 I think, lost 10 lbs then it broke in October 2017 😞 (The original HR strap was not very sturdy and could not be replaced) I was sad and upset that I could no longer buy the HR...they were selling a much more expensive Charge 2 by then...So I went without...I noticed my weight had crept back up by the beginning of 2018, had surgery in February so after giving my body some time to recover, I decided to buy another Fitbit...The Charge 2, still not happy with the high price, but I knew I was worth it. For some reason the FitBit helps keep me on track like nothing else, the challenges, and the ability to continually set new goals just works great for me 🙂

I am waiting for my new smart scale to arrive and I have signed up for TrendWeight. I am back at doing challenges and pushing myself and I have lost 5" around my waist, but the scale is not moving, I'm not worried, I know it will eventually register, and I have decided to experiment with logging my food to help me see the consequences of my food choices, and hopefully make better choices for my body. 

Here's a few stats for me:

I'm 5"6' and fairly active. My current goal is 20-30 K Steps a day, been doing 10k consistently since end of May, I also cannot starve myself, I eat until full but could probably drink lots more water. I am aiming to eat between 1700-2000 calories per day, and my Fitbit says I burn between 2500-4000 a day. This is where I am starting and look forward to making healthy changes to reach my ultimate goal of being fit and healthy at 145 lbs. I am also not setting a time limit on this goal, as I have become very discouraged in the past when not being able to reach my 2 lbs a week goal...so I know that does not work for me...as long as there is some kind of downward trend and I feel fit and healthy...I will be calling that a success 🙂

USW - 194 (April 2017)

SW for 2018 - 190.8 (May 2018)

CW - 189.6 (Fluctuate between 187-193) (July 10, 2018) 

GW - 145

Best Answer

Tuesday. Second day back at the pool. Heart rate max was 110 during water aerobics. I complained to the instructor that I just can't get it higher in the pool. She asked if I ever just swim because it's good cardio and strength training. I told her I can swim but I don't go anywhere in the pool. Haha. I hardly move at all. I mentioned maybe I was too big to swim but she scoffed (she's a big gal) and said it was just technique and they have free swim lessons for members. So, that might be my next step. I have had ongoing shoulder problems for years, so I'm worried about that, but maybe they can help me with it, limiting the strokes, etc. 

It's hot and some thunder storms are rolling in, so I'll go prepare the dogs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I bit the bullet yesterday.

Jan - June when I lost the weight to date I had been walking to creche and then work with my toddler. But since school finished in June and the weather in Ireland has been unusually warm I have been pretty lazy I had even started couch 2 5 k and then gave that up 😕

Yesterday I joined Curves, where I lost weight post baby number one, had my first session this morning at 8am and I felt great after it! Followed by healthy food so far today I am feeling a bit better about myself. After all I have lost 16kg  (2.5 stone) on my own since Jan. I have to understand that there will be periods where weight loss slows down depending on life.

*positivity*

Best Answer

I missed the last few weeks or months of checking in here!

I was scrolling back into the last challenge to see where I was and what my goal was. it seems I hit my goal for the 4th of july today, only a few weeks late!

down 35 since january 1!

This has been a crazy spring, parties, a new grandbaby and flying twice already to see her!

Leaving today for a 2 week vacation, i am excited, but a bit nervous I dont want to gain the weight back, and yet i want to eat and drink with everyone. its never easy, and i know every year when i go to the summer cabin I gain weight! I am going with the plan of walking if the knee lets me, if not i will swim. I will snack in moderation and just focus on the healthy choices.

I am not binging for 2 weeks, I am not going to plan on just eating everything I want. I am planing on eating healthy and not stressing over a few snacks or drinks.

Lets hope I can stick to the plan! lol

Have a great summer everyone!

USW 211 - Jan 1 2018

SW 175 July 13

GW 170   will aim for it!!! that might be my UGW also, unsure, this is chartered territory

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm doing okay so far with getting a few more steps in than I had been. Still need to keep increasing my steps regularly. Planning to go out to eat today with my family, and I've already looked online to find a 'healthier' option. Not perfect. I'm still getting a burger, but I'm going with corn instead of fries. Cuts the calories by more than half. I'll also have water to drink, so no calories there. I just need to resist the bread on the table! I skipped breakfast and drank extra water to save calories. I'm not a big breakfast eater, so it's easy to skip. I usually have to make a concerted effort to eat a good breakfast, but I want to reserve some calories for lunch.

Weight is hovering at 243, so I'm down a pound. I had hoped for a bigger drop right at the beginning, but I know I need to make bigger changes to see bigger changes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, didn't do as well as I had hoped at lunch, but I did not eat all of my food, so that was good. I'm planning to drink LOTS of water for the rest of the day and planning to walk more. Hoping I didn't do too much damage to the scale...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GettingfitinSC  I went to a fast food place one time and looked at the menu. I noticed in tiny print that they would make your burger/chicken burger without the bun but substitute lettuce to wrap it in. I was so surprised. So I ordered my chicken burger that way. That bun probably costs you about 150 calories, so it's a good swap out. Even if it's not on the menu, the kitchen might be able to make it that way for you.

Best Answer

I went to the pool three times this week. I walked the river trail with my mom on the fourth day, and today I unloaded a very messy storage room to create a guest room. I've got only 4600 steps today, but it's still early. I have more work to do. 

I've been sugar craving. That's gotta get under control! I know it's this stupid monster inside trying to combat the work I've been doing. It thinks it's hungry and trying to force me to eat bad stuff. I just have to smack him around a bit and tell him who is boss!

Best Answer

CSW (7/4/18) - 207.6

LW - 207.6

CW - 205.8

GW - 197.6 (9/3/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Down almost 2 pounds - finding it easier to make better choices. Also starting to feel it more in how things fit - including my fitbit LOL!

Best Answer

USW 113.9kg (250.6lbs) 01/15/18

1st CW 97.7kg (215lbs) 05/16/18

2nd CW 98.2kg 07/08/18

MGW 95kg (6lbs) 07/20/18

GW 91kg (200lbs) 09/03/18

UGW TBD possibly around the 76kg (167lbs)

Current weight 96.4kg (212lbs).

A good week last week happy with the 4lb loss.. Onwards and downwards! 

Best Answer

Can someone tell me if they are experiencing an increased number of men requesting friendship on fitbit and then treating it like a dating site?? I'm asked where I am, if I'm married, they want my mobile number, etc etc. What's going on??

Best Answer
0 Votes