Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 4th to September 3rd 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90

@debb21, Congrats on the 50 lbs loss during the last three years, and on not letting all that victory be compromised. Like you, I am also on my last 8-10 lbs. I almost reached my ideal weight in one of the previous challenges, but I gained some back during my trip to Europe this summer. My downfall was a combination of lack of exercise and eating a lot of fruit that was in season (the high glycemic index kept me wanting to eat more often than I normally do when I am at home). Well, I did indulge in a few pizza's, too, which I rarely do when I am at home. 

So, let's get these pounds down and keep them off forever! Best wishes to both of us! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_, my thoughts and prayers are with you while in the hospital. I hope all goes well, and that you will be able to rest during your time there. I didn't realize that you are up for brain surgery. I have to go back and read your previous posts for more information. 

Best wishes to you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Madison0226, I am listening, as I type, to this excellent episode, that is part of a series, and I thought I'd share it with you, in case you are interested. It's long, but worth every minute of it, and very educational. It's only online for 24 hours. I plan on purchasing the whole package - that's how good it is. https://autoimmunesecrets.com/episode6-live?utm_source=E6&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EP6-E2

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bogdel  The possible brain surgery is in regard to my seizure disorder I developed in my early 40s. I've been on disability since it began, due to having so many. They used to be called simple partial seizures. There's a new name for them now. Anyway, they have been trying to pinpoint where they're coming from to find out if surgery is an option. Memory and language usage could be the most affected, since they know my seizures are in the left temporal lobe. I'm already suffering from these problems. It does not bode well for my writing, since I love to write fantasy/scifi. I'd need a thesaurus constantly and keep tons of notes of reminder as I work through my stories. 

I am mostly packed and ready to go. Looking forward to the rest but it's stressful to think this is leading up to brain surgery. The image of a surgeon standing over my open skull with an eggbeater in hand is always on my mind. (Ooh, pun for good measure).

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

@_Lilac_, Thanks for the info on the brain surgery. I was wondering if you are familiar with Dr. Daniel Amen's books. He uses a SPEC scanning that is quite unique, and has helped him treat thousands of people of different brain conditions. You may want to look him up on amazon.com. I'm sure you have already studied about your condition a lot, but it may be worth reading his books, as well. Here's the title: 

Change Your Brain, Change Your Life (Revised and Expanded): The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Lack of Focus, Anger, and Memory Problems.

Best wishes, @_Lilac_! Please, stay in touch! I will be thinking of you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bogdel  I'm having a PET scan this week. Also the MEG, which is to measure the magnetic fields of the brain. If they still can't pinpoint, I'll be getting the electrodes implanted inside the skull. Yay. I've got photos of me looking like a Star Trek Borg already.

Best Answer

@Bogdel thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading the books you mentioned as well as checking out the you tube videos. Thanks again!

@_Lilac_ I am so sorry you are going through a rough patch, my thought and prayers are with you. 🙂

Best Answer

@lavabelle, you are very welcome! Let me know what you think of them when you read or listen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_, Ouch! I will be in the Borg Collective with you as you go through this. I am glad you can keep your sense of humor as you face these perspectives. 

Blessings, safety, health, and strength!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I'm in the hospital and I'm not moving enough and the food is so-so. The only snacks are granola bars or high carb stuff. I am hooked up to about 28 wires on my head and attached by a line to a box behind the bed, preventing me from leaving the room. Tomorrow, they detach me for a test, so I'm going to attempt to make the most of it and ask to go for a walk or two before being hooked up again Friday morning. At least my portions are being controlled and everything is quite low sodium, so I certainly can't overeat. I'll be here over the weekend and into next week as well, but I'll have freedom over the weekend to go out of the hospital for exercise. I can't wait to go climb some hills!

Best Answer

Hi, @_Lilac_! I've been thinking about you. Thanks for the updates. I pray and trust that all the tests will work out for good, that God will give wisdom and direction to the doctors, and that they will do the right thing to help you find freedom and comfort from those seizures. Hang in there! 🙂

Best Answer

Just confessing that I didn't do my typical weigh in.......Too Afraid. 

I should be able to get back on track this week.  A week of consistent exercise and healthy eating will allow me more confidence to face the scales.  

Best Answer

@GotGoals - you are not alone. I too did not face the scale this weekend due to fear of numbers. I will try for tomorrow morning no matter the results - after all they are just numbers and not me.

Best Answer

SW 152.4

PW 150.4

CW 148.4

GW 145.4

UGW 130.0

So NICE to see the 140's again!!  A week of vegetables, protein and good exercise Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Great work @GotGoals!

Best Answer

I am home from the hospital for the weekend. I'm eating the tiny portions in there and choosing wisely off the menu. EIGHT pounds gained while in there over two weeks. This is stupid!!!! I planned on walking with the dogs today and doing lots of exercise but it's pouring rain. I've been doing stairs with laundry and I'll do a living room workout at some point. This is so frustrating. Please... anyone listening. Do NOT lose weight too fast, no matter how good it feels at the time. When you get stuck and then your metabolism is shocked and in ruins, it is much too difficult to get it going again. 

I have to return to the hospital until they get the test results they are looking for (trying to locate the brain tissue responsible for the seizures), so I have to change something about my life in there. I need to do workouts while being attached by head wires that go to a box on the wall. I can't leave the room to wander the halls.

Ok, back to housework and brainstorming. I hope everyone is doing ok. I'll check in soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sunny skies and cool weather presented the perfect opportunity to take the dogs for a nice long walk this morning. I then headed to the mall and did a bunch of walking there. I'll be returning to the hospital tonight after my weekend pass. I might have to have a serious talk with the docs about letting me do laps of the floor I'm on or something. I lost 100 lbs to get in that darned MRI machine they wanted me in and now I'm stuck on my butt in the hospital room ready to put it all back on. No way!! Enough is enough. Gonna put my bossy pants on when I see them tomorrow. 

All right, time to pack. I'll be in touch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Joined a non-surgical weight loss program  at the local hospital three weeks ago. Going well

On a period of rapid weight loss, will slow down over the next coupe of weeks. Lot of exercise, low carbs high protein - currently down 15lb in approx three weeks. 

USW - Ultimate start weight 227

SW - starting weight for the challenge 224

CW - current weight 207

PW - previous week's weight 209

LW - last weight/weigh-in 209

GW - goal weight for the challenge 185

MGW - mini goal weight 

UGW- ultimate goal weight 165 

Best Answer

@_Lilac_ Your determination is inspiring....Hang in there....and sure hope you get health matters resolved very soon!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_ - patience! If they can resolve the seizure issues you will be able to do so much more! Listen to the doctors (but don't let them bully you on the stuff you really do know better about yourself).

CSW (7/4/18) - 207.6

LW - 205.2

CW - 205.2

GW - 197.6 (9/3/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Did not gain in two weeks - happy with that as I have not been diligent.

Best Answer