Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 4th to September 3rd 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90

I did so well with calories yesterday- ate all vegetarian, low carbs (mostly, definitely less than usual), and drank lots of water. Instead of a drop this morning, I was up a little over a pound. I know- water weight, fluctuations, etc, but it's still discouraging. I was down to 242.9, but today was up to 244.3. I'll keep drinking water and watching calories. Hopefully, it will come back down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GettingfitinSC

Eating vegetarian and low carbs does not equal low calories per se. Cheese and nuts for example are vegetarian, but they are high in calories. So the best solution is to log what you eat. Also what you eat today will have very little impact on your weight tomorrow. I typically notice a change in weight in 2 days after eating way more than I usually do or cutting back again. But sounds like you are taking some good steps towards a healthier life nonetheless.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@Esya

Thanks Esya.

I was mostly disappointed because I purposely left off the main carbs (pasta salad and mashed potatoes) and left off the fatty meat. I had all veggie sides as my main meal for both lunch and dinner (leftovers.) But I know what you mean. I was just disappointed to see that number back after it had been gone for a few days, especially right after a really good day. But, I know I need to be consistent day to day. 

Best Answer

@_Lilac_ I have not noticed this...thankfully 🙂

I got my new scale on Friday and started weighing myself daily, also successfully recording my calorie intake daily...YAY!! I'm finding it quite empowering actually and interesting. I also started weighing myself naked...I always weighed myself fully clothed before with no shoes...so my results this week are skewed...I noticed a 5 lbs difference right away when I weighed myself unclothed... 🙂 I wish dropping weigh was that easy all the time. It looks like I lost about 5 lbs...but not sure its accurate yet...I'll need to track another week or so to see my actual weekly loss. Have a wonderful week!! 

USW - 194 

SW  - 190.8 

CW - 180.5 

GW - 145

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GettingfitinSC That must be so discouraging, and I second @Esya about tracking calories and being consistent. You can do this!!! Don't stop, Don't give up....Keep going!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to the pool this morning on an empty stomach. I had a low cal lunch, a litre of water, and I'm starving. I really should have had something before I went for my water aerobics class. I'll try to tough it out. I can't give in to the peanut butter jar or the cheese and crackers today. 

My son is bringing his girlfriend to visit at the end of the month and then in August my daughter's boyfriend will come to visit from out of province. They will all be staying here. I've never met either of them so this is kind of a big deal. Having said that, my house is a disaster. I've promised, though, that I will make my house nice (as much as I can with three dogs and a cat). I've done up a spare room and de-furred it. I've been doing a bit every day on different areas of the house. Hopefully, we can keep it decent. Cleaning steps count too!! 

And, yes, I think fitbit community is turning into a dating site or something. Three friend requests have turned into questions about my marital status, number requests, etc. Nowhere in my profile do I say anything about looking for a companion. And no one seems to be interested in talking fitness or goals. I'm baffled.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

@_Lilac_ don't make yourself sick by undereating! I know you watch this very carefully but once in a while when my blood sugar drops (no, I'm not diabetic but I get shaky when I haven't eaten regularly) and I want to keep the calories in check, I head for the protein - a slice of good cheese or a teaspoon of peanut butter, maybe an egg if I have the time. It helps the body in a number of ways and I figure those 'extra' calories are worth my health. Much better at killing the hungrys than veggies.

Regarding the friend request issue - I only accept friend requests from people I know or have met through the boards (like you!). If I don't recognize them, I don't accept them. Had one once that was a female trying to sell her fitness drink powder. Never again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there,

I'm late jumping in, but I need some motivation and accountability!!  Some stats just in case you all have some specific recommendations/pointers.  I'm age 48, 5'2 and currently 152.4 lbs.  My work is sedentary but I try to make a point to step away from the desk several times a day to walk and my goal is to workout no less than 5 days a week. My weigh in day is Friday. 

My challenge is consistency and discipline involving social activities.  I do best with routine thus social activities throw me off.  It's so Hard (for me anyway) to be social w/family, friends, work etc. while continuing to eat right and exercise.  I'm very blessed with family and friends and I find myself avoiding social activities which I don't believe is the right thing to do.  Anyway, I need to work on discipline.  Words of encouragement are appreciated 🙂

SW 152.4

PW 152.4

CW 152.4

GW 145.4

UGW 130.0

Best Answer

The weight dropped by down yesterday and today thankfully. I'm at 243.1 lbs now. Consistency is the key! Why is it so easy to 'know' that, but so hard to follow through?

Best Answer

@GettingfitinSC wrote:

The weight dropped by down yesterday and today thankfully. I'm at 243.1 lbs now. Consistency is the key! Why is it so easy to 'know' that, but so hard to follow through?

If it were easy everyone would be at a healthy weight...it's hard work, and also a great reward when you successfully do it 🙂 The rewards are great, but the work of consistency is hard 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_ I had guy friend requests like you have gotten and went through the same thing. Now I don't accept unless I see posts they have done or check out if they have guy friends as well as women friends.  I've noticed the ones that are only friends with women probably are not on fitbit to get fit.  So if they have no guy friends I don't accept.  That has worked for me.  Most of the guys I'm friends with are serious about getting fit and doing challenges.  Hope that helps to determine if you want to accept their friend invite or not.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

SW 152.4

PW 152.4

CW 150.8

GW 145.4

UGW 130.0

I rarely lose more than a pound a week so this was an especially good week....not quite sure how I managed that.

I also had several social activities where I managed to stay on course.  Social Activities 3 - Wins, 1-Fail.  Ugh, my fail was breakfast out after church...pancakes with lots of SYRUP, wine in the afternoon and no workout.  I was way over my calorie budget.

Best Answer

I know I am a bit late, but I need some serious motivation! This will be my first challenge.

SW - 160

MGW - 145

UGW - 130

Best Answer

Welcome to all the new faces!

CSW (7/4/18) - 207.6

LW - 205.8

CW - 205.0

GW - 197.6 (9/3/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

I have had 205.0 as a mini-goal weight for a very long time now (started with fitbit 2/4/14 at 215.0) - lost the same couple pounds over and over and over. I re-dedicated myself on 5/13/18 at 215.0 and have been really trying to clean up my eating and make healthier choices. It's a little easier now that I have a true diagnosis for my 'wonky' knee. Even though I knew that losing weight would be better for me before, I now have a solid reason as I want to avoid a knee replacement for as long as possible. Losing 10 pounds takes 40 pounds of pressure off my knees. Solid numbers like that make more sense in my head. My new mini-goal is 195 - 10 pounds at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cele21 I'm having joint issues too due to the extra weight.  If you aren't already, I recommend doing stretches everyday.  I've been pretty consistent and I can certainly tell a difference.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a good week last week. Went to a wedding on Saturday and took Sunday off...completely...but still watched what I ate and recorded as accurately as possible everything. Weight fluctuation were quite high this week 177-180 up and down...even though my diet was within my allowable calories, I ate lots of "junk foods" 🙂 and enjoyed every bite...lost 2.6 lbs

USW - 194 

SW  - 190.8 

LW - 180.5

CW - 177.9 

GW - 145

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well done on all the great weeks everyone! Its great to read all your changes inspires me to keep going

USW 113.9kg (250.6lbs) 01/15/18

1st CW 97.7kg (215lbs) 05/16/18

2nd CW 98.2kg 07/08/18

MGW 93kg (4.5lbs) 07/31/18

GW 91kg (200lbs) 09/03/18

UGW TBD possibly around the 76kg (167lbs)

Well I only went at hit the mini goal weight that I set by losing 1.4kg (3lbs) so I am 95kg on the button.

I am delighted with myself. I was reviewing it Sunday night and I was thinking I probably pushed myself too hard. However I went and hit it so I'm delighted with myself! 
New Mini Goal is another 4.5lbs to bring me into the Overweight category in BMI (I know its not the best thing to sue as a goal, however I need a goal to aim for and as this is the closest one this it is. Smiley Happy ) This is a huge achievement for me as I had a BMI of 38 at the start of the year. It also will bring my total loss to 45lbs ( 21KG). 

Have a great week all!

Best Answer

Today:

Steps- better than usual

Food- not so good

Weight- same, not moving

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided to increase my water to 100 oz/day. The result...I gained 2.5 pounds and I’m so swollen. What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Madison0226 You are holding the water in. This is most likely due to salt/sodium intake, cycle time if you are female, or carb intake, which can make you retain fluids. It will come out. Be patient and be careful of your sodium. You'll soon be complaining of the 4 bathroom runs overnight.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes