Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 4th to September 3rd 2018

Welcome to the newest challenge! We are celebrating our scaled and non-scaled victories and progress. Following are some acronyms typically used by those who post. Some of us also track body fat or measurements, please add those as you wish.

USW - Ultimate start weight

SW - starting weight for the challenge

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

LW - last weight/weigh-in

GW - goal weight for the challenge

MGW - mini goal weight

UGW- ultimate goal weight

To join the challenge, please just hit 'reply' and post!

Good wishes and the best of luck to all. Work hard, keep your mind focused on your goals, and we will all succeed together!

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90

Greetings, Everyone!

Not much progress here. Although I am eating pretty healthy, I have not exercised lately, which is crucial both to health and to weight loss. My weight went up and down, which is an indication of body water, mostly (I think!). 

Yesterday morning I weighed 151.5 lbs, and I thought to myself, "not great, but at least I'm moving in the right direction." 

Today, however, I weighed 153 lbs. I didn't eat anything heavy the night before, and it doesn't make sense. So, looks like I need to do something different, to get the scale moving in the right direction. I need to start moving! 😄

USW - 183.5 - 1/1/2016

SW - 152.5 - 8/6/2018

PW - 152.5   - 8/6/2018

CW - 153 - 8/20/2018

GW - 145    - 9/3/2018

MGW - 145 - 9/3/2018

UGW- 135  - 11/21/2018

Best wishes, everyone!  @_Lilac_, I haven't heard from you lately. Did you have the surgery? Just want to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. Be strong and get well!

I am looking forward to reading everybody's posts and catch up on you all. 

Blessings and strength!

Best Answer

CSW (7/4/18) - 207.6

LW - 205.2

CW - 203.8

GW - 197.6 (9/3/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Didn't think I did great this week so very happily surprised at the number this morning!

Hope everyone has a glorious weekend!

Best Answer

@Bogdel  I haven't had the surgery. They are still testing to see where exactly they need to go in. I will have implanted wires next, which will be in the new year, by their estimation. There's a long waiting list. 

I am home from the hospital though. TEN pounds I gained by eating hospital food and sitting around, not able to move much. It just doesn't seem possible, huh?

I went for a good walk today. Have to get back into the swing of things. I have a plan to start a painting after a nap, and then I'll take the dogs out for a walk to finish off my 10,000 steps. 

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@_Lilac_, I'm so glad you are home. I was nervous for you. Don't worry about gaining back some weight. You know exactly how to get rid of them. You did it before and can do it again. 

I gained a few, too. I didn't exercise either. Let's start working out again and encourage one another. Walk is fine. 

Hope you have a great week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bogdel  I've already gone on a longish walk with my dogs this morning. I have to sit to do some work but I have plans for more activity later. I'm really tired out for some reason. I ache. I don't think I've recovered from my ordeal. Sometimes doing nothing is more tiring than being up and at it!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

SW 152.4

PW 148.4

CW 148.2

GW 145.4

UGW 130.0

I weighed Friday but just now posting.  Not much progress.  I exercised consistently but ate over my calories due to social events.  Doesn't look like I'm going to make my goal but if I can lose another pound or two this week, I'll consider it a partial victory.  

Best Answer

We are closing in on the last few days of this challenge. Still time for that last push. You got this!

Is everyone interested in continuing? I will set up a (US) Labor Day to Halloween or Thanksgiving if people still ready to continue but am willing to hand it off to someone else if they want to take over.

Please let me know.

Best Answer

CSW (7/4/18) - 207.6

LW - 203.8

CW - 205.6

GW - 197.6 (9/3/18)

Stretch goal weight - 195.0

UGW - 150.0

Water retention! Ate well but salty with some salty snacks in the past 3 days and was not drinking my water. I can reverse this but have to be diligent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Everyone!

It's Labor Day already! Hard to believe that Summer is over. 

Looking at my starting weight for this challenge, all I did was maintaining my basic weight, but that's what happens when we don't exercise. I made a little progress this week. I was able to finally go to the Recreational Center and do some work-out last Saturday. I also walked 15 K steps that day. I need to keep this up, though. Hopefully, I will do better on our next challenge. I still need to reach the 145 lbs as my higher limit, with 135-140 being my close to the ideal weight. 

Good news, though: my husband has recently joined me in Dr. Fuhrman's Nutritarian life style, and sat a goal for each of us to loose 8 lbs by the end of September. That will take me down to 145 lbs. Once there, I will be able to move down to the next/ultimate weight goal of 135-140. If (when) I get there and stay there, I will be a happy camper. 

Here are my stats now:

USW - 183.5 - 1/1/2016

SW - 152.5 - 8/6/2018

PW - 152.5   - 8/6/2018

CW - 151 - 8/20/2018

GW - 145    - 9/3/2018

MGW - 145 - 9/3/2018

UGW- 135-140  - 11/21/2018

I am looking forward to our next challenge. Best wishes, everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cele21, thanks for your willingness to get us started on the next challenge. I am very interested. It was this challenge that has helped me loose a lot of unwanted weight back in 2016, when I first joined. I have been slow on loosing the last 10 lbs, but I am determined to get there. This group has always been very helpful. However, I hope that we can have more interaction here, as that keeps us connected together and connected to reaching our goal. 

Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started the new thread: September 3rd to October 31st 2018

As the year comes to an end the challenges are shorter as we are using holidays as guide posts.

I am using my September 1st weigh in as my final as I have not been able to weigh again yet. 

Hope to see you all (and maybe some new faces) on the new thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes