Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day challenge 2017

This is an ongoing challenge where we post weekly about our weight and share helpful tips, give support and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations are helpful to use:

SW - starting weight

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight

USW - highest weight

All that you need to do to join is write a post with your starting weight and your goal.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203

USW - 380lb (2014ish)

fitbit start weight Sept 2016 - 355lb

CW - 289lb

GW - 275lb

At the end of this challenge will be my 1 year anniversary for doing challenges with this community. It doesn't seem that long does it?? Currently, I'm down 65 lb from last labor day, so I'm hoping to push my total year loss to about 80 lbs. 

The last two challenges I have been plagued with injuries and illness. I am going to work very hard at being healthier and taking care of myself. 

For our first day I've already been to water aerobics, which has given me 5000 steps. I have housework and dog walking to do later, so I'll hit my 10,000. 

I hope everyone enjoys the challenge and sets some new goals.

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

Thanks @DJC_63 for starting the new challenge!

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

1stSW- 211.4 (2/14/17) First Challenge Starting Weight

2ndSW - 210.8 (4/18/17) Second Challenge Starting Weight

LCSW - 212.0 (5/31/17) Last Challenge Starting Weight

CSW - 209.8 (7/04/17)

LW- 

CW- 209.8

GW- 202.0 (September 4th)

UGW- 150

Best Answer

@DJC_63 thank you so much for starting the new challenge. So last challenge did not go so well. I ended up gaining back the 3 pounds I lost over the last 5 days (fourth of july festivities and A LOT of stress at work thanks to clients preparing for the holiday.) But I have decided to do a much more intense diet. I feel like adding structure to this will help me go through the steps so that I stick to the plan... also journaling is part of the program. 30 days of paleo with fruit/ veggie smoothies for breakfast. I feel like cold stuff in the morning will help since it is summer. 

so here are the stats: 

USW - 201

CGW- 175 (Challenge goal weight - for Labor Day)

UGW- 155 (Hopefully by Thanksgiving)

SW- 194

CW- 194

PW- 192

I also made a chart for weekly goals so I feel like i am making progress on the way to labor day. (first mini goal is getting under 190)

Best Answer

Round 2 of challenges for me. Hoping to reach my goal weight by the end of this challenge!

USW - 201

CW - 169.2

GW - 155

Good luck everyone, we've got this. 🙂

Best Answer

This is my first Challenge! I'm fairly new to fitbit. I used it back in 2015 for a short period and now have just started back up about 2 weeks ago. 

SW - 180

CSW - 176 (7/05/17)

CW - 176

GW - 165

Best Answer

USW= 235; BMI= 46 (Christmas 2016)

CSW= 213.6; BMI= 42 (July 5, 2017)

PW=

CW= 213.6

GW= 205

UGW= 125

38/F/5'0"

Pretty discouraged as I go into this challenge. Summer has been harder than I thought it would be to continue weight loss. I've set a low goal- less than 1 lb per week, so hopefully, I can see some success this time. 

Best Answer

Alrighty let's get this challenge rolling! Hopefully, by the end of this one I will be working on maintaining my final weight of 135 lbs (give or take a few). Last challenge, I was doing pretty well but then in the last two days with the holiday my diet seemed to go out the window! I'm hoping to work on maintaining my self control when it comes to food and snacking.

18 y/o, 5'6", female, college-student home for the summer

USW - 161.6 (12/25/16)

SW - 141.6 (7/5/17)

GW - 135.0 (9/4/17)

UGW #1 - 140

UGW #2 - 135

Challenges for the next 9 Weeks:  Off the bat I am facing a predicament. I am going away with my church for a work camp 7/8-7/15 so I won't have my scale with me. It'll be the first time in a while that I don't weigh everyday, which is something I think helps me see the direct effects of certain activities (example: if I eat a whole bag of potato chips one day, the scale will show that the next day).

Additionally, I am working on getting all my steps in. I find that I either have great days where I meet or often exceed my goal, or I have embarrassingly bad days step-wise.

Best Answer

This isn't my first challenge, but the last one I was in didn't go so well. I just started using my FitBit again as well, so this is perfect!

USW - 249

SW - 236

CW - 236

GW - 218

Best Answer

So I have kicked off the cleanse. I started this morning with a workout and some fiber powder :P. Had a cucumber ginger smoothie juice thing for breakfast and I am SOOO EXCITED FOR LUNCH haha. But  going with no caffeine for this thing will def be a struggle. 

I know it is odd to start on a Thursday but I just felt like... it now or never and one more weekend delaying the start is one more weekend that I am not at my goal weight. Plus I have to wear a bathing suit this weekend so that is def motivation. 

I started to notice the weight gain I had last week with some of my clothes and it reminded me of how I hate feeling like I stand in my own way so I think that bathing suits, a structured diet, and of course having this as support will really go a long way for this challenge. I certainly hope so!

Good luck everyone and just think the challenge is less than 2 months long now and this might get you closer to a great fall wardrobe 🙂

Best Answer

I'm jumping into the Labor Day Challenge pool.  Here is some stats from my last FitBit weigh in,

SW:  321 (1/1/16)

CW: 198 (7/2/17)

GW: 175 (30 BMI- Doc prescribed)

Labor Day Challenge GW:  185

Good luck everyone!

Best Answer

@DJC_63

Thanks for starting the new challenge. I must have eaten far too much since I weighed 3 lbs more the morning after July 4th BBQ at my son's house.!!! That is dropping as of today.  I will start on July 5th at 149 gulp.

USW               153

SW        7/5    149

CW        7/6    146.8

GW        9/4    138

UGW               135

Good luck and stay strong everyone. Stay mindful when eating.  Beware eating and watching media as we tend to go on autopilot. 

Barbara G

Best Answer

I had a big day today. My scale showed a 1lb loss (woohoo). Mom and I did 5500 steps in the natural park and then headed to the local flower/plant nursery, which just opened a market for local produce. Everything is local and organic. I got snap peas and romaine lettuce. We had plans to meet my cousin at a Japanese restaurant for lunch but I think there was a bit too much salt for me. Throughout the day my head acted up (mild epileptic episodes) and dizziness. I've taken advantage of that newfangled high-tech discovery of solar and wind power and hung my laundry on the line. 8000 steps so far and my large dog is zooming around with too much energy so I'll end up walking him even though I'm worn out. My mom is ahead of me on the weekly step count so I have to get my butt moving! Haha.

Best Answer

Im in for sure. My Goal weight is 23x something.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

I had 10,000 steps by 10am!!!  Mom couldn't go walking so I'd planned to go to the pool, but then my sister called asking if we were walking. She's trying to lose weight so there's NO WAY I wasn't going to walk with her. I'll do anything possible to encourage her. My daughter was leaving for work so we went together to the downtown area, picked up my sister, walked the river trail, watched the tidal river come in and talked to tourists who'd never seen it before. There is the Atlantic Nationals classic car show in town so they've blocked Main St for hundreds of old cars. I had to walk a long way to catch a bus home, but I'd already had my 10,000 steps and I'm achy. Phew. It's going to be a hot day so I'll stay in the AC and relax but take the dogs out in the late evening. It feels good to know I've got my steps done and can just do whatever and not worry about it. My small dog needs a bath badly. Other than that I don't have many plans. 

I hope everyone has a great day, great weekend, and keep up the water intake and movement!

Best Answer

USW - 315 lbs

SW - 212.8 lbs

GW - 203 (about a lb a week)

Good luck everyone! Let's rock these goals!

Best Answer

SW - 181.7

CW - 181.7

PW - same

GW - 175 by Labor Day, 170 before Christmas

USW - about 190 8 years ago

Hi,

I could use some group support. I get lots of exercise, I am a rower, and generally meet my step goals.  My challenges is inappropriate eating.  I'm about to go on vacation, with no internet access.  I'll try to break even over vacation, and get to logging my foods again after.  Thanks for letting me join the community.  I think this will help.

Best Answer

@dgstoll  Welcome to the group! This gang is invaluable in helping with motivation and support. Have a great vacation and we'll see you when you get back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

SW 228.7

CW 228.7

GW 175

USW 246

Labor Day GW 210

Just joined a bootcamp in April so I've been working out for almost 3 months and have already lost about 13 pounds.  I have knee issues, so exercise is challenging, but working out is helping tremendously by strengthening my muscles.  I just bought the Aria scale today which is way more accurate than the one I've been using.  I'm looking forward to this challenge 🙂

F 51 Louisville KY. Charge HR.
Best Answer

Have you tried the rowing machine at your gym?  You can get great cardio, and it doesn't bother most peoples knees

@iluvmykid1999 wrote:

SW 228.7

CW 228.7

GW 175

USW 246

Labor Day GW 210

Just joined a bootcamp in April so I've been working out for almost 3 months and have already lost about 13 pounds.  I have knee issues, so exercise is challenging, but working out is helping tremendously by strengthening my muscles.  I just bought the Aria scale today which is way more accurate than the one I've been using.  I'm looking forward to this challenge 🙂

Best Answer