Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day challenge 2017

This is an ongoing challenge where we post weekly about our weight and share helpful tips, give support and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations are helpful to use:

SW - starting weight

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight

USW - highest weight

All that you need to do to join is write a post with your starting weight and your goal.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203

@mmt421 wrote:

Well....I didn't reach my goal which is pretty upsetting. There are valid reasons, but I had hoped to be in a better spot right now.

I live in Houston so the past two weeks have been a tad chaotic. My fiance and I are fine, our house is fine, but the whole city is definitely in a funk. Seeing everyone band together through this tragic time has been amazing though.

I haven't had the heart to weigh myself after my emotional eating, but I'm ready to move on to the next challenge! Today marks day one back in the gym after my time away so I'm sure I have some sore muscles in store for me tomorrow.

You could have ended with "I live in Houston". Glad to hear you are safe though. You definitely get a pass on the weight-loss 🙂

Best Answer

@IdahoSandy  You did great!! Congratulations!!

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

@mmt421  I'm familiar with the sore muscle thing. I always think "at least I know I worked the muscles". Glad to hear that you and your house is okay, but I'm sure it's been VERY stressful. I can't even imagine what it's like for people there. I don't think many of us did very well this challenge, so you're certainly not alone!

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up pretty much where I started. 😞  I think I just got tired of eating the same things and not losing much. I started eating some bread again which I hadn't done for about a year and a half.  I think I got it out of my system though, so I'll go back to not eating much and see what happens.  On to the next challenge!

Labor Day Challenge:

USW - 207.5

SW - 195.4 - July 4th

PW - 195.6 - 7/11

PW - 195.6 - 7/15

PW - 196.4 - 7/22

PW - 195.7 - 7/29

PW - 194.5 - 8/5

PW - 194.4 - 8/12

PW - 194.3 - 8/19

PW - 195.5 - 8/26

PW - 196.4 - 9/2