Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labor Day challenge 2017

This is an ongoing challenge where we post weekly about our weight and share helpful tips, give support and talk about our ups and downs.  The following abbreviations are helpful to use:

SW - starting weight

CW - current weight 

PW - previous week's weight

GW - goal weight

USW - highest weight

All that you need to do to join is write a post with your starting weight and your goal.

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203

My first challenge!  

SW - 197 (Jan 2017)

CW - 168 (today) 

GW - 165 

USW - 197

F, 54, 5'8", Ontario, Canada, FitBit Charge 2

Best Answer

Start - 07/09 - 251

Sun 2 - 07/16 (249 Target)

Sun 3 - 07/23 (247 Target)

Sun 4 - 07/30 (245 Target)

Sun 5 - 08/06 (244 Target)

Sun 6 - 08/13 (243 Target)

Sun 7 - 08/20 (242 Target)

Sun 8 - 08/27 (241 Target)

Sun 9 - 09/03 (240 Target)

Labor Day Goal - 239

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

I'm hoping this challenge will help provide the motivation I need to lose some weight this summer. I've been losing and gaining the same 10 lbs for a while now. I've decided to set what I hope is a very realistic goal for Labour Day, as I don't want to be too strict this summer but still want to feel like I'm making progress.

SW - 193.8

CW - 193.8

PW - N/A

GW - 155

Labour Day GW - 185

USW - 197.8

Good luck everyone!

Best Answer

Hi all.  Great to see "old" friends back and some new folks too.  So wonderful to be in it together.

Starting weight for the last year - 186

Weight for the last month -183

Goal - focus on being as healthy and active as possible.

Not sure why my body isn't really gaining or losing, might be auto-immune, but instead of stressing about it, I'm focusing on being healthy. (ok, sometimes I just stress about it)

I just came back from an amazing vacation.  It was on a beautiful campus in a rural area, took a photography course, and had to walk about 5 hilly miles daily just to get to meals and the class.  Some of that was with heavy camera equipment.  All food was vegetarian, very healthy, organic, and delicious.   I did tai chi on a beach by a lake after sunrise.  And I don't even know tai chi! It was wonderful.  Now I have to figure out a way to keep up the walking and the healthy eating. (And the photography.)  It's so much easier in a pretty area with other people and  healthy buffets.  

I'm so glad we are all in it together!

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

My weekend found me in my sister's pool both days. I tried doing water aerobics moves in there but it's not as deep as I'd like. The other sister came along for a walk with Mom and me in the natural park yesterday morning so I got a few photos of our little red squirrels (the big american grey ones have moved in too). People have installed bird feeders along the main trails. One is dedicated to a family dog who used to walk there and who has now passed on. 

My eating was good. I'm still having issues with having to watch my hosts serve portions for themselves that are 3-4 times the size I take for myself and being helpless to knock some sense into them. There is a rebellion happening in the family. Three of us are trying to lose weight and one is sabotaging. (attempting to). There's an ice cream party next week. As an afterthought I was asked if there should be sugar-free ice cream as an option. (BLECH). I just said I wouldn't have ice cream I'd bring a big box of popsicles for people who are trying to watch their weight...which is HALF the people invited to this thing!! It seems to me it's almost a 'shove your diets' party. 

Anyway, I'm going to take my dogs for an extra long walk today before it gets hot because they have had to stay home while I went to the pool and visiting people. They got lonely and are pouting like they are neglected. And then I have house stuff to do. I'm hoping to get 6-7000 steps on the walk. 

Off I go. Keep stepping and have a great day all!

Atlantic coast of Canada, 52 F, Fitbit Inspire HR.
Best Answer

So I started the challenge and my cleanse last week and was going three days strong..... UNTIL I went away for the weekend and the weekend got the better of me. Being tired from work and overall not having had a vacation since August of last year, I feel worn out. Tired is not a good thing when you are dieting because because sure enough my tired got the best of me and I had chips ( a lot of them) on Saturday and champagne and beer. I tried to keep my meals lo-carb by not eating the bread on my grouper sandwich and I ordered crab for dinner with a side salad but who was I kidding. I gained 3 pounds over the weekend! It may be some water retention because of the sun and drinks but I am back to it today... lets see if my 5 days strong will be strong enough to defeat next weekend.... the plus side is I am staying home so that should mean less temptation. So here I go day 1 of the cleanse. 

Best Answer

This is my second challenge with fit bit.  I'm doing a weight loss challenge at work, 1st day of summer till the last.  So far I've not done well 😞 gained 2.3 lbs. so I'm hoping this will give me some added incentive.

I started getting serious about loosing weight in January 2016 & so far am down 27.4 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 but have a ways to go.

SW    179.8

CW    152.4 - on July 5th. we do our weekly weigh in on Wednesdays

GW    148

F, 53, Charge 2,

Best Answer

Hello, Everyone!

During the previous challenge I had to go to Europe for about two and a half months. My fitbit did not sync for a good period of time, and I have not been active on this forum. However, during the second part of my stay here, I was able to sync my fitbit, I walked, and I went to the gym.

I don't think that I lost any weight, though. If anything, I probably gained a little. I am in an area where cherries were just ripened, and I ate them by the bucket (I LOVE Romanian cherries). From sweet cherries, I moved on to tart cherries (I still have some in the freezer, and I use them to make frozen yogurt or to flavor my water). Now, the apricot tree is full of fruit in the back yard, and I am having a dish full of them every day. I thought that, since it is summer and they are free, I better get as much of the natural vitamins and minerals as I can. Other than that, I've been eating relatively healthy (except for the dairy products - lots of whole milk, Kefir, and Feta Cheese, straight from the farmers!). I am playing with the thought of becoming vegetarian, though, as i need to lower my cholesterol.

But, enough of that. I will be back in US in a couple of weeks, and I plan on continuing my pursuit of healthy weight loss, along with everyone here. So, here are my goals for this challenge:

Start - 07/10 - 161 lbs

Mon.2 - 07/17 (159 Target)

Mon.3 - 07/24 (157 Target)

Mon.4 - 07/31 (155 Target)

Mon.5 - 08/07 (153 Target)

Mon.6 - 08/14 (152 Target)

Mon. 7 - 08/22 (150 Target)

Mon. 8 - 08/28 (149 Target)

Mon. 9 - 09/04 (147 Target)

Labor Day Goal - 147 lbs

Best wishes to everyone!

Note: @almost_where, I mirrored your stats style above. I like its simplicity and clarity. I hope you don't mind. Best wishes as you keep moving toward your final goal!

Best Answer

Hi challengers, 

Good news. The day after the 4th BBQ has melted away again. So back to normal mid 140's dance. Checking in on Wed so hope to crack into 144 by then.  Just need to resist the late night hunger pattern. Well it is not just.  If I eat veggies late at night they are filling and not high carb so that is my intention.  

July 5th at 149 gulp.

USW               153

SW        7/5    149

CW        7/6    146.8

GW        9/4    138

UGW               135

CW    7/10     145.2

Best of determination, perseverance and delight to you all in making your goals,

Barbara G

Best Answer

@Bogdel

Hi traveler,

Enjoy Europe for me too please.

Best

Barbara G

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dancefoxtrot  I am REALLY having a great time here, Barbara, but I will be heading back home soon. 

Best to you, as well.

Ellie

Best Answer

I am restarting with my Fitbit and just started a  ketogenic diet.   I would like to get back to a healthier weight soon and the accountability of posting my weigh-ins will help keep me on track.  

SW: 232  (First weigh in today)

GW: 145

CGW:  215

Best Answer

USW - 315 lbs

SW 7-5- 212.8 lbs

7-11 - 210.8 lbs  |  -2 lbs

GW - 203 (about a lb a week)

Best Answer

@ibwalkin

Welcome to you and all the newcomers. What a clever user name. I b walking and dancing too.  

Working on not eating anything other than low starch veggies late at night.  Last night I didn't make it as I had hand fulls of raw almonds and walnuts. At least, I weigh the same as yesterday so I burned what I ate.

Better make a salad now.

Post as often as you like.

Barbara G

Best Answer

Welcome @alleganygirl,

Are you in PA? My mom's family is from Centre Co, PA 

Looks like you are doing great.  I'm doing Wed. weigh ins too.  

One my last 9-10 lbs. and it is super slow in leaving me. 

Stay strong,

Barb G

Best Answer
0 Votes

sw- 230

gw 190

Best Answer

I'm near McKean & Potter Counties, Centre Co is about 2 hrs away

Thanks for keeping us going with the challenges -- I need this

I know how you feel about the last 9 - 10, I'd like to drop 5 - 7 more

& it's a struggle but WE'VE GOT THIS & CAN DO IT

Best Answer

HAPPY NEWS today

I dropped 1.4 from last week 🙂 🙂 🙂

logging what I eat is helping

now if I could put down the wine glass 🙂

Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

My first challenge!  Really need to kick myself into gear.  I have had the fitbit for a while but have not really used it properly or utilized the tools of fitbit.  I am hoping this time it works.

SW - 215

CW - 215 (today) 

GW - 175 

USW - 215

F, 50, 5'8", Franklin, MA, Fitbit Charge

Best Answer

I also want to drop 5 more lbs.  My motivation isn't as strong as it was.  I need to start logging food again!

Best Answer