Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than 100 pounds to lose . . .

ANSWERED

Four years ago my boyfriend was killed in a car accident.  At that time I was losing weight and down 100 pounds after a year of dieting.  within three years after he was killed, I had gained all the weight back.  Last June I decided to get back on the weight loss journey and in the last six months have lost 50 pounds.  I received my Fitbit for Christmas and I am really invigorated about getting fit again.  I am still in need of losing another 125 or so.  I am looking for people who like me have a whole lot of weight to lose so that we can encourage  each other on this journey.

Best Answer
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Laura, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is hard enough without trying to lose weight at the same time.

Now you're with a wonderful community. I know several here have said they have a lot of weight to lose, Once they see this, I'm sure they will be posting here.

The FitBit sure does get a person going, doesn't it? You find little ways to push yourself into more steps like walking around the store longer, parking further from the door, taking extra steps doing laundry or just about anything else.

You can do this, Laura. You started this journey and now you're with others who are stepping right along with you.

Welcome to the forums of FitBit!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Sorry to read about your loss.  Losing a loved one can throw one into a loop.  I am one that needs to lose over 100 pounds as well.  So, let's try to do it together!!  We can be strong together.

Best Answer

As the rest of us have expressed, your loss is something I just couldn't comprehend dealing with myself. I can't tell you enough how admirable you are for getting through something like this. I, too, have a large amount of weight to lose and stress can be my biggest trigger for my bad eating habits. I'd love to tag along and cheer each other on during this journey! Welcome to fitbit and the forums! Lets shed them pounds, lady!!

-A

Hope this helps!
And don't forget, if it does, remember to mark your question as solved!
-A

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Laura, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a loved one is hard enough without trying to lose weight at the same time.

Now you're with a wonderful community. I know several here have said they have a lot of weight to lose, Once they see this, I'm sure they will be posting here.

The FitBit sure does get a person going, doesn't it? You find little ways to push yourself into more steps like walking around the store longer, parking further from the door, taking extra steps doing laundry or just about anything else.

You can do this, Laura. You started this journey and now you're with others who are stepping right along with you.

Welcome to the forums of FitBit!

Best Answer

Sorry to read about your loss.  Losing a loved one can throw one into a loop.  I am one that needs to lose over 100 pounds as well.  So, let's try to do it together!!  We can be strong together.

Best Answer

Hi, I started that I needed to lose over 100 pounds.  Started hard core in October.  I am down 60 pounds.  Would like to lose another 80.   Its long and hard but so worth it.  We can get there together!

Best Answer

Awesome!! Congrats on your weight loss.   How did you do it?  With diet and exercise?

Best Answer

I too, have over a 100 lbs. to lose.  Together we can accomplish this.  I went out and bought my own Fitbit tracker and have been wearing it daily.  Congratulations on the weight you have lost.  That is a huge milestone.  So we are all on this journey together!

Best Answer

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. But good for you in wanting to work on weight loss now. It sounds like you're off to a great start.

I've been losing weight since end of June but still want to lose another 75-95 pounds. My exercise had been kind of sporadic so I'm now trying to get serious about it again. I used to be active and at a much lower weight but due to a number of stressful events, a chronic illness [with medications that cause weight gain] as well as pain issues, the weight really piled on. I want to be healthy, active, and have reduced pain levels, so I need to continue on this journey.

Best Answer

As the rest of us have expressed, your loss is something I just couldn't comprehend dealing with myself. I can't tell you enough how admirable you are for getting through something like this. I, too, have a large amount of weight to lose and stress can be my biggest trigger for my bad eating habits. I'd love to tag along and cheer each other on during this journey! Welcome to fitbit and the forums! Lets shed them pounds, lady!!

-A

Hope this helps!
And don't forget, if it does, remember to mark your question as solved!
-A
Best Answer

My deepest condolences to you Laura.

I too need to lose quite a bit of weight, roughly 80 - 90 lbs. You can do it! What have you done so far? I'm trying to work on my diet and increase my activity level at the moment. Hopefully, this time I'll be able to stick to a schedule and not get discouraged. Getting involved in a community, like this one here :), is a first for me. Hopefully we can help motivate each other through our journey. We can do it!

Best Answer

So very sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine the pain you've been through.  Over the last year I have lost 110 lbs on the Medifast plan.  I started exercising after I was down about 70 lbs and started a walking routine.  I've got about 30 more lbs to go and trying to maintain a healthy meal plan and using exercise to get the rest off.  My husband got me the force for Christmas and I bought the aria scale.  I love both!   Tracking my weight, activity and food in one place is so much more convenient.  It a real motivator for me to see how many stories I've gone or steps I've taken and do more for the next goal. 

Best Answer

Hi Laura,

I'm on the same journey, have lost around 4 stone over the past year and now need to tackle another 2 to get into the "overweight" range. And then down to "normal", but I'm taking in one step at a time.

It's very hard when you start out and have that much to lose, it just seems impossible. I was lucky to get a place on a weight management programme that emphasised setting small, realistic goals. That has really helped me, but I'm running out of steam a little bit.

Anyways, I'd like to be part of the group if that's ok!

Good luck to everybody, we can do this together,

Evil

Best Answer

Laura~ I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your boyfriend and I'm sorry to hear that you got derailed. But here you are now, welcome to fitbit! I got my fitbit for Christmas too and I'm loving it.  Left it on the bathroom sink yesterday after my shower (1:30 pm) realized at 8pm that I wasn't wearing it all day and I wanted to retrace all the  steps that I missed because it was A LOT of steps!

Best Answer
Hi Debbie, I am doing MF on my own. I found a lot of support on thd MF
community boards. I have thought about getting a coach to help me get to
thd final goal. I find I'm needing that extra push now.

I like the Aria scale just because I don't have to mentally or manually
track my weight. I am a daily weigher (never could break that habit) but
would only log my official weight weekly. I will say the setup process was
challenging mostly due to our router problems. Once resolved setup went
fine.

I have been using myfitness pal to track food and gym exercise and
endomundo to track walking activities all with my smartphone. I found
these apps to have more functionality than the Medifast mobile app. Now
that I'm a fitbit user I'm looking at linking them or just using fitbit to
track all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the Obesity Class 2 classification now so my mini-goal is to get to Obesity Class 1 classification by Mother's Day.    I think it is around 25 pounds.  I need to push myself to get the steps in.  10,000 steps is not as easy as it sounds.   It is tough on the ego when I think that I have gotten this bad.  But  if I got myself into this weight.  I will get myself out.  

Knowing there are others with similar weight issues really helps me to understand that I am not alone.  Let's all work together to do what we can!!

Lana

Best Answer

Lana, you've got the right attitude and I like how you said it. We can't blame anyone but ourselves, but we can and will make a difference.

I was wondering - your user name of "formerlyfit" you sure that's what you want to use? You're more like a "getting into shape" than "formerlyfit" aren't you?

10,000 steps a day isn't easy. We've all done the prancing about while brushing teeth or hair and taken extra steps to get the laundry put away and so on. Each step gets us closer to our goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm.. you may have something there Odyssey.  I have been reading lots about how a negative attitude or  reflecting too much in the past can hinder your future results.  Thanks, if I can figure out how to change it, I will.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi fellow Laura,

My deepest condolences on your loss.  I hope you find strength here!  I too gained back much of a 120lb loss so I am with you both in name and need to lose 100 🙂 

We can do this together! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Laura -- I'm so sorry for your loss. I completely understand where you're coming from.  Two years ago my boyfriend of 12 years passed away suddenly from a massive heart attack.  I'm now in the unenviable position of having to lose over 100 pounds.  I dug out my fitbit, I bought myself the Aria scale, and I am using the site to its fullest (in the past I only let the steps/stairs/etc. log).  

We've made it through a horrific experience, we are strong, we CAN (and will) do this.  

Elizabeth

Best Answer

Hi!  My name is Kristan......I've always been slightly overweight.....but when I first went away to school I gained a lot of weight my freshman year....I believe I surpassed the normal 15 pounds that year.....Anyways, I ended up developing some binge eating habits when highly stressed and upset.....so I am working on that, but I need the motivation to start losing this weight.......I will be honest and tell you that I am currently at 253.4 pounds....my highest was 267 which was in last april/may.....I want to be in good and healthy amount of time somewhere in 120 pounds range......right now, I am using my pedometer on days I am going to work, but not on my days off because I am home all day due to weather and not so safe traveling conditions......Now, I am sick right now which doesn't help but I would like to start doing something more......not sure where to start.....do I do at home workouts or do I suck it up and walk over to my old high school and get the paperwork to join the gym there.....not sure where to start......any advise will be helpful guys.....

Best Answer

Hi Kristan,

When I had a pedometer before I used it in the house all the time.  I have a two level house so I tried to go up and down the stairs 5 times, then 10 times, then 20.  Pretty good exercise.  I did have a membership at the gym but I really didn't go as often as I should have so I cancelled it.  I found that there is so many things that you can do at home.  If you don't have free weights,  cans of food can be substituted.  I have a weakness for Judge Judy so if I want to watch that show, I have to be active.  That could be walking, dancing, stretching or lifting some weights (cans or jugs of water).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Lana

Best Answer
0 Votes