Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years to Valentine's Day 2016 Challenge

Welcome to the New Year Everyone! This will start January 1, 2016 officially 🙂

If you have seen the posts before this is a challenge that everyone is invited to join to set your own personal weight loss goal for the next 6 weeks. This is all about having a great support system and most importantly feeling great and happy and healthy about yourself. Don't worry if you have bad weeks because we all go through it.

To join the challenge all you need to do is post your weight stats & check in as often as you'd like with an update or just to share a story from your week. This group has some huge inspiration in it and people that give wonderful advice.

Looking forward to catching up with all our friends from the other challenges and anyone who is new!

Thanks @saraj91 for starting up the last challenge!

A little rundown of terminology for anyone who is new 🙂

USW- Ultimate Starting Weight

CSW- Current Starting Weight

GW- Goal Weight

UGW- Ultimate Goal Weight

PW- Previous Weight

CW- Current Weight

MFP- My Fitness Pal

Best Answer
560 REPLIES 560
I have a treadmill to use when the weather doesn't allow outside walking. Really good investment and it got my husband walking too.
Best Answer

I'm in.  Here's my stats.

USW: 152 (September 16, 2015)

CSW: 135.5 (January 1, 2016)

GW: 128 (February 14, 2016)

UGW: 125 (March 1, 2016)

Best Answer

Hello all & happy new year!!

Thank you @awood08 for setting up this next challenge! Smiley Happy

So this will be the last challenge before I go off to Australia for 3 weeks in March so I am hoping to reach my ultimate goal weight (or get close) over the next 6 weeks!

Big welcome to all the new challengers & hello & thank you to all the people who have been part of previous challenges, this way of checking in & sharing stories has been so helpful in keeping me focused! So good luck to all with working towards your goals!

USW 23/3: 186

CSW 1/1: 136

GW: 14/2: 126

UGW 5/3/16: 126

Best Answer

Oh my!!! I'm lucky if I have 1,000 steps done. 😞  I'm hoping to do more when the company leaves. I have a treadmill and I need to get into a walking/step challenge.

Congrats on the 10,000 steps.

Best Answer

God speed, Jocy50 -- just take it slow and easy and listen to your knee (and the rest of your body).  Five pounds doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things but I can tell you from experience that even a five pound loss makes a big difference.  Keep checking in -- this is a very supportive group of people and I think I speak for everyone when I say we all want to cheer you on!

Diane NYC

Best Answer

Hey Helen,

Really rooting for you to break into the 140's.  So inspirational for me 'cause we seem to have started from roughly the same place.

Best Answer

Thank you Diane!  I'm rooting for you too.  Stocked up on fruit at the store today.  Trying to get moving in the right direction again. 

Best Answer

@saraj91 aaaaaaahhhh

You are so close to your UGW 🙂

I bet you are so excited for Australia, never been, always wanted to travel there....and Italy, and Ireland, and Spain....well just about anywhere other than Florida over here in the USA. I hope the next 6 weeks treats you very good!

Best Answer

First challenge for me....So motivated to start the new year off right and get back to a healthy weight. 

CSW- 195.5

GW- 180

UGW- 145

Best Answer

Hey Helen,

We got this.

Just got off my elliptical -- did half an hour because I only walked about 5500 steps outside, so we'll see how the elliptical as an adjunct to walking will work out.  I was tempted to do more than 30 minutes but that's an old trap for me -- push to an extreme at first, then give up -- I'm more into slow and consistent these days.  As I write this, it strikes me that I can also adjust my calorie intake a little bit.  Okay, so let's make it slow, consistent and flexible.

That reminds me, I gotta stretch.

Best Answer

Welcome to all the many newbies! 

Happy New Year to you all!

Come here to post often if you feel so inclined. We are supportive and health oriented in my experience.

Most of us are changing our internal dialogue and which part of us we listen to on a regular basis. The excuse maker inside has no shame and sometimes we are foolish enough to listen to it. I'm committing to listen to my wiser self that knows about healthy food and smaller portion sizes. For me it is the late night eating  and portion sizes that I will keep working on for my long term health. Let's all listen to our better self that loves us. Sometimes we confuse overindulgence with love but it is the opposite. The loving internal parent has limits and encourages healthy choices. IMHO.

I'm trying to get down and stay down most importantly since I bounced off of 133 and drifted right back to 138.8. 

So original Weight in Feb 2014 153

CSW 138.8 on Dec 31, 2015

CW today 137.4 

GW for 2/14 134

UGW  134

Only a few pounds but I want to get there and stay there. I am losing just 1/2 lb a week and I make my ultimate goal weight.  This is my affirmation.

All the best to my fellow challengers,

Barb G

Best Answer
I'm in.
Csw 210
GW 200
UGW 145
I'm aiming for just over a pound per week.

Best Answer

Thanks, once again @awood08 for heading up this effort!  It's good to see so many (now) familiar names and faces/avatars.  This is my third challenge, the first two covering Thanksgiving through Christmas and all the holiday distractions (read temptations).  I didn't lose what I hoped to lose, but I didn't gain as much as usual over the holidays (added 1.5 lbs), so I know the accountability, good advice, and ongoing encouragement helped me greatly.  

I am determined to move forward again.  I've increased my daily step average over the past four months from 5k to 7k, and I'm aiming for 10k by Valentine's day.  And I'm aiming to lose one pound a week, which is ambitious for me, but I know I can do it.  So I'd like to drop 6 pounds by the end of this challenge.  Here are my starting stats.

USW  (May) - 221 

CSW (Nov. 30) - 203.5

GW (Dec. 31) -197.5

UGW 150-160

Good luck to everybody joining in, and new folks, you will enjoy the relaxed support and encouragement you find in these posts, along with some very helpful (non-preachy) advice and suggestions.  

Best Answer

I'm in! I want to reward myself with new shoes.

USW-184

CSW-156

CW-154 down 2!

GW-146

UGW-130

Best Answer
Hi, I'd like to join the challenge.

CSW 166.6
GW 155
UGW 150
PW 150
CW 166.6
Best Answer

I'm in! I've been getting frustrated because I can't seem to get below 200.  I just hover above it by different amounts each week. I measure myself every 3-4 weeks, so that helps me to see that I am gaining muscle and getting smaller. But it's so slow!  I don't have much room at all to exercise at home - the only place is the living room and there is always someone in there watching TV, and I am awake mostly at nights, so I can't walk outside.  So the gym is the only option for me.  They've been closing early a lot for holidays so I don't get there on those days (again, the only being awake at night thing). So although I go there faithfully every week it's not often enough. And now snow is coming... which I can't drive in.  

Anyhow, that's my story. I am determined to lose my weight so here's my stats:

USW- 216 July 2014

CSW- 204

GW- 170

UGW- 150

PW- 207 Jan. 2015 when I got my Fitbit

CW- 204

F, 53, 5'9", PA
Best Answer

OK here I go again;  I think I have lost about 500 pounds over the course of my life - the same 5 pouonds a million times.   I don't go much higher than 145 then get going on proper nutritional care till I hit 138 then back off again and bounce up the down these 7 or so pounds over and over again.  I would really like to get down to 125 - 128 and just hold .... for good.  Hopfuly this will help me and I can help you.

cst - 143.0

gw - 130.0

ugw - 125.0

Best Answer

@awood08 thank you, yes I am getting there.. it's exciting! 

We can't wait for our travels to Australia, we are staying with my sister-in-law for part of the trip & then going on to Sydney for the rest so it's going to be an amazing adventure! 

Hope the next 6 weeks are good to you too! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

USW - 240lbs

CSW - 219lbs

GW - 210lbs

UGW - 150lbs

Best Answer
Hi everyone. This is my first group to join. I am currently wanting to lose weight in time for my 30th birthday.

USW 156
CSW 153
GW 143
UGW 133
Best Answer