Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True weight loss confessions

This thread is for confessing those weight-loss experiences we are too embarrassed to mention in polite company (not saying all y'all aren't polite).  I have several such admissions, most of which I will spare you lest I be ejected from the Community.

I hereby confess that since I've lost some weight, I find myself rubbing my tummy throughout the day to feel the six-pack.  As opposed to the beer cooler that was previously there.

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

I miss eating a lot of cheese.Cheese is my kryptonite.

Best Answer

@genaw wrote:

I miss eating a lot of cheese.Cheese is my kryptonite.

Weird, I just added a little bit of cheese to my diet, like omelettes, and putting some in my wraps, etc. It's funny how different foods affect different people. That's why weight loss is so personal. People ask me how I lost my weight, and I tell them I'm doing what I'm willing to do. My way won't work for others, it's so personalized when you find what works for you.

Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Don't let the face change stop you from losing the weight. I went from 186 to 159 and stopped after hating on my chin. I gained most of it all back with the mental thought of I would rather look younger/fuller in the face than be healthy/good weight. I maintain 183 pounds for almost 2 years. 15 pounds lighter since Oct. 22, 2017. losing it slowly but surely with no weight gain weeks. First goal 160. Happy for each pound lost no matter how long it takes me.

Best Answer

The truth is... Years ago I was at my current weight, which is the heaviest I have been - 130/135 lbs & 5'9" (60 kg & 178cm) I saw a photo of myself and didn't like it at all. I thought I didn't look thin anymore, which was what so many people had complimented me for being throughout my life... It scared me. I moved out of my parents house shortly after, and got a farm labour job. The intense and long days of physical work went on for months, first the summer it was nice... I got strong and maybe dropped a couple pounds. Then, winter came, and even in -30*C I was working hard, long days. My diet really suffered because I was also in full time university so there wasn't much time to meal plan, or cook, or eat. After about 8 months, losing 10 lbs got me pretty excited. I was thrilled I was "thin" again; I was scouted by modelling agents, I thought that had to be good... But, over-exercising and under-eating was settled comfortably into my lifestyle at this point. I kept losing weight. About 3 years passed before I got help. I got really sick. I had to go to a doctor, and I mentioned that I had this "kind-of... habit of fasting" and she began to unwind it all with me... We had to get other doctors involved and it took years of recovery treatment to get me to this point I'm at now, where I'm back up in weight (and hating it) but I can also feel hunger now. And every time I'm hungry, I'm thankful for it. When I had lost the weight and my body was so unhealthy, I also lost my hunger. Every day is still a battle with my weight, body image, and eating, but I battle and am going to keep going until I'm healthier and happier than I ever have been. As a part of the journey to a healthy lifestyle, I got into Fitbit for tracking meals and exercise and everything... It really helped and continues to help me. It was really shocking to see how "under" I was on my calories a few years ago. I mean, I was eating in the range of 100-200 cals/day for many days at a time... Other days I got up to about 650 cals. Attending classes full time, working with horses, many extracurriculars, including lots of other sports... I'm happy to be alive. I never want to return to that. I'm happily NOT counting calories or food tracking right now. I am just enjoying eating whatever I want and whenever my body says it's hungry. But there is always this whisper inside of me suggesting that maybe it is a good idea to ignore the hunger to lose weight again because it felt so good. 

MultiSport Athlete ... Charge HR, Charge2, Ionic, Aria Scale, iPhone5, iPad, MacBook Pro
Best Answer

The typical story is of the morbidly obese person who's life is threatened by the excess weight. We hear all about their struggles to not over eat. Rarely though do we hear the story of the person who struggles to eat enough and who's health is threatened by being under weight. 

Thank you @WildCatClaire for sharing your story. It's a reminder that we are all fighting different battles; none of which is easier than the other. God Bless you and good luck to you on your journey of maintaining a healthy weight!

Best Answer
What type of diet did you use
Best Answer

My confession - I love it when family, friends and colleagues compliment my appearance. :). It's so motivating to keep going!  

Best Answer

Lost 24 kg since Nov 2016, proud and motivated weight.PNG

Best Answer

Truth is I had a LOT of weight to lose and HATE it when people comment on my weight now. I suffer from Hashimoto's disease, an autoimmune disorder that among other things attacks your thyroid gland wrecking your metabolism while robbing you of energy and vitality. Two years ago I weighed 430 pounds. After getting fed up with being sick, tired and in pain every day I changed doctors seeking an endocrinologist. With his help I brought my disease under control and radically altered my diet to stop my out of control autoimmune attacks. I started losing weight, slowly then more rapidly as I was able to add exercise. Two years later I've lost over 210 pounds and keep losing. Its been hard, slow work that took consistency and great effort. My body is very different than it once was, but for me the change has been slow and quite literally one step at a time. I get annoyed when random coworkers who don't even know my name comment on my weight loss, my body or my looks. I know they mean to be supportive - but I hate the reminder that I used to be so out of control. People ask the most intrusive questions, demand to know what my diet is, ask if I had surgery or assume that I did. It makes me extremely uncomfortable. I wish sometimes I could move someplace where people don't remember me as the really fat lady. I had a man tell me one day "Congratulations!", I was so confused - thinking perhaps I'd won a prize or something. When I asked for what he said for my weight loss like it was something that just magically happened. Like I hadn't lost it pound after pound for month after month and year after year. It is so weird to me.

Best Answer

I want to brag about not fitting into my clothes anymore, but I realize I'll come off as a jerk to friends if I do it on social media. But, for real, I pretty much live in leggings and my life is like that Frasier episode in which Niles says sadly "It's all right, Maris, spandex is supposed to blouse."

Also, I'm proud and also mad that I don't fit into a lot of clothing in stores now. My bra size is a 28C/D. This is not a size carried in stores. And my size XXS jeans from Express are hanging off me thanks to their absurd vanity sizing. Vanity sizing is the devil and I don't know how really small people find clothes.

I've resorted to buying sweaters from a one-size-fits-all cheap Chinese company because their assumed "one size" is refreshingly tiny. Can't wait to find a bra that fits.

Best Answer

Ha! I'm right there with you, though I've gotten pretty crafty about working it into my meal plans. Cheese ranks right under the hubby and the cat, I love it so.

Best Answer

I wasn't honest with myself before about how much I was eating. I under-eat as often as I over-eat. I'm just now finding a balance for this and have been seeing real results. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately as we age we wrinkle, as we lose weight we lose the extra padding in the face to hide the wrinkles!  I started following Angie  "HotandFlashy" on YouTube,  she is about skin care and dealing with menopause I ordered some of her skin care suggestions and the wrinkles on my face have gotten ALOT better. Just a thought it might help!

Best Answer

Never feel like you can't brag about not fitting in your clothes or being smaller size on social media. Brag proudly even if the haters hate you being " Too small " compared to another. We are all shaped differently like the old saying big bone or small bone.  I will never be an extra small even when I meet my goal unless I surgically remove some ribs and shave my hip/pelvis bones. So brag away. You earned it.

Best Answer

Wear that skin like a badge of honor. It is a testament to how hard you worked. You fought and won. That is something worth showing off.

Best Answer

for the last 5 years I've been focused on living a healthier lifestyle eeryday, but everytime I get within 5-10 lbs of my goal weight I get comfortable, start eating like crap, and regain a few pounds. I never quite hit my goal and I get so frustrated and disappointed with myself. I'm tired of the weight loss roller coaster Smiley Tongue Its a daily commitment and a daily struggle lol.

Best Answer
I am in the same boat! I do it to myself.... but I just get so tired of
working on it, feels like I will never fully get there. I too am back on
the diet road but I have 20 pounds to get off! 😞 But lets work together
and reach that finish line!
Best Answer

Another true confession:  my shoes fit looser. 

That means I previously had fat feet (now THAT's fat).  Oh yeah, I can now SEE my shoes.  And tie them without having wrestle with the bear that was my midsection.

Best Answer

I have lost 139 pounds since may of 2017 and I also have lots of skin, I still have probably sixty pounds to go, but people keep saying you're so tiny, when are you going to stop? I'm not tiny....ugh.....

Best Answer

@marie67wrote:

I have lost 139 pounds since may of 2017 and I also have lots of skin, I still have probably sixty pounds to go, but people keep saying you're so tiny, when are you going to stop? I'm not tiny....ugh.....

Yep same bs for me. 'Too much you need to stop already'. 'Surely you can't lose evenmore'

just ignore them

Best Answer