Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True weight loss confessions

This thread is for confessing those weight-loss experiences we are too embarrassed to mention in polite company (not saying all y'all aren't polite).  I have several such admissions, most of which I will spare you lest I be ejected from the Community.

I hereby confess that since I've lost some weight, I find myself rubbing my tummy throughout the day to feel the six-pack.  As opposed to the beer cooler that was previously there.

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

oh yeah! right there with you! I also have severe thyroid issues, not getting the greatest help from the dr., but I have been on a lifestyle change that is working for me. Started at 352 in May of last year and am now down to about 211. Now, everyday I hear "you're so tiny!" no i'm not! it gets frustrating. And asked often, so what happens when you gain it back? Did you keep your fat clothes? NO! No, I didn't....people

Best Answer

@marie67 -- congrats on your great progress! 

As to unhelpful comments made by others, I'd say people mostly don't understand how they are coming across.  

Best Answer

@marie67 I know exactly what you mean.  I'm so tired of people expecting me to fail by making comments of "did you keep your fat clothes" and "don't get rid of anything, it's so expensive to buy more clothes when you gain it all back"!  Gee, thanks people!! 😞  I know in their own way they mean well -- especially since I've been down this road before -- lost and gained back -- but still, a little positive encouragement would be nice! 

Best Answer

I really REALLY like that my collar bone sticks out...haven't seen that thing in a really long time. I rub it all the time, I guess to make sure it's really still there. Hahaha. I also really like that my clothes don't fit anymore. I just bought some new jeans in a size I haven't worn since high school....and they're even a little big in the booty. Super validating.

I also try to be really strict with myself about logging what I eat, so much so that I'm like....I need to make sure this doesn't become disordered. I will go for days eating the same thing every day, just because I know exactly how many calories it is and where it puts me for the day (and how hard I have to work at the gym). 

I do not enjoy rest days. I work out 4-5 days a week and those 2-3 days that I don't are a real challenge, mentally. But I am starting to get better about it. I took an entire week (!!!!) off from the gym and lost 5lb, so it worked. Ha.

Best Answer

I had lost 130 pounds then gained 30 of it back due to my illness and injuries...am now trying HARD to lose the extra gained back weight but struggling.....du to the weight loss my doctor has submitted a referral for me to have the "skin removal" surgery that I am also embarrassed by the extra "flab" now. I have been with my boyfriend for well over a year now and we have even lived together for the past 6 months now and I still WILL NOT let him see me completely nude even during "intimate" moments due to my humiliation over my own disgust of my body!!! Though I do look much better with my clothes on now lol. Have gone from a size 24W down to a 10 now back up to a 12 (size LG from a 2XL for you men that dont understand women's sizes) 

Sherry
Best Answer

I totally get what you mean. I know this sounds bogus, but a lot of what has stopped me from loosing weight in the past in the fact that, every time I start to loose weight, my family makes comments about how much PRETTIER I am, how my better I look, happier, healthier, etc. They’ve put me down all my life for the weight and the SECOND I start to shed the pounds they jump on the chance to show me how much my worth has increased to them. It’s not just encouragement, at least it doesn’t feel like that when they’ve been putting me down for how I look my whole life. I just never want them to think that the reason I’m loosing weight is because of them; that I’m looking for their approval or are rewarding them by giving into their beauty standards. I’m finally at the point where I’m ready to do it for me, and I just hope I can get over knowing that my looks will increase their regard for me (instead of, you know, my boss personality). 

Best Answer

I TOTALLY understand that thinks ng!!

Sherry
Best Answer

Cheese is highly addictive. It contains opiod-like substances that makes us keep eating it, while we keep adding saturated fat that keeps clogging our arteries. Please, read the expert's article below:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/life/food/farm-to-table/2017/03/07/cheese-addictive-one-doctor...

Best Answer

Okay...so just found this topic...oh man the loose skin (91lbs down so far and it is starting to appear with vengeance) I have found that Yoga, swimming and my general excerise routines have helped tone up a lot of the skin but am aware it is going to get worse. 

I have started using Palmers Skin firming lotion twice a day and it looks like it is having an impact (and I smell lovely too) don't know if anyone else had used this

Best Answer

I'll have to try that...for sure...My doctor has submitted a referral to the surgical dept. for the "removal" surgery, but don't know yet if insurance will approve it, may have to fight for it...BUT in the state I live in, if you have medical issues and have lost more than 100 pounds (and it's in your medical records your beginning heaviest weight and what you are now) than your insurance is supposed to cover it...so *fingers crossed* @KnitterMarge

Sherry
Best Answer

Super well done to everyone that's lost weight!

The thing that keeps me going is not the "congratulations" etc, but when my work colleagues say "im so jealous, you are looking so well", that's what motivates me.  For once in my life, people are envious of me and my achievement.  It may seem petty, but hey... it works for me. 

Ive lost 70lbs so far, with probably the same amount still to go.  And to the person who said about feeling their collar bones - mine have just recently made an appearance.  I find myself absentmindedly stroking my collarbone when im on the phone now!

Best Answer

"I took an entire week (!!!!) off from the gym and lost 5lb, so it worked."

don't most recommend taking a full week every three months or so?

Best Answer

"All you can do is take care of you."

This. 

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hello All,

Love this post. My thing is when I gained my extra weight it goes everywhere for me in a very proportional way. My friends and family knew I was overall bigger but never thought I weighed as much as I did. Unfortunately losing weight is the same, it comes off everywhere so it is hard to see any major results other than wearing a smaller size in clothes (which is awesome). 

Best Answer

I guess my confession would be that I weigh myself 4-5 times a day. Bad habit!!!

Fitbit Flex - Fitbit Charge - Fitbit Blaze - Fitbit Versa

Whats Worth The Prize Is Always Worth The Fight!
Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your story.  I guess, under or over, when it comes to your heath, we all have to do what we can and find a balance.

Best Answer

@marie67 wrote:

oh yeah! right there with you! I also have severe thyroid issues, not getting the greatest help from the dr., but I have been on a lifestyle change that is working for me. Started at 352 in May of last year and am now down to about 211. Now, everyday I hear "you're so tiny!" no i'm not! it gets frustrating. And asked often, so what happens when you gain it back? Did you keep your fat clothes? NO! No, I didn't....people

You lost 141 lbs in 10 months? Wow! That's like 14 lbs a month every month and that's VERY impressive!

Best Answer

I would say that my weight loss confession is that I constantly take my hand and use it to measure how big my belly sticks out. I start by putting the edge of my palm on my waist and see where my fingers land. Some days I am happier than others. 

Best Answer

I really feel like those people are being passive aggressive and don't mean you well at all!! Avoid!!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@marie67 I know exactly what you mean.  I'm so tired of people expecting me to fail by making comments of "did you keep your fat clothes" and "don't get rid of anything, it's so expensive to buy more clothes when you gain it all back"!  Gee, thanks people!! 😞  I know in their own way they mean well -- especially since I've been down this road before -- lost and gained back -- but still, a little positive encouragement would be nice! 

I really feel like those people are being passive aggressive and don't mean you well at all!! Avoid!!

Best Answer