Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs
  • Sun, 4.16:  181.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.23:  179.8 lbs

-2 lbs since last week

-22.5 lbs since start.  

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Looks like your making good progress. What techniques are you using. I am 202lbs and seem stuck there at moment 😥

Best Answer

Hi @Al29v1  - I think your post was directed at me.  (Just put the @ in front of someone's name to get someone's attention on fitbit).  I did a longish response on the other thread you started here.  

In the meantime, this weekly weigh in thread is full of great entries and a lot of success stories as you read back.  Please join in.  All you have to do is pick a day to weigh in and then report in weekly. It is a great way to force yourself to be more accountable and thoughtful about your weight loss efforts, and there is lots of good feedback.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Start                 128.5kg

Last week        118.5kg

This week        118.4kg

Shrinkage            10.1kg

Mini goal             115kg

Desired                 70kg

This will be the 3rd time for me losing this weight. The first two times I lost it by going to Weight Watchers and it took me a relatively short time. But I put it all back on and this is quite a normal trend. This time I am going slow. I am not dieting but I am eating as well as I can. I have a spreadsheet that I put my weigh ins into and as long as it is on a downward trend I am okay with it.

I have my own totally unproven mad theory that if my body thinks it is on a diet of any sort it goes into ultra battery mode and gets very economical with how it uses calories. Plus I obsess about food. 

I am looking forward to listening to the podcasts mentioned earlier in the threads when I have a bit of time.

This week will be a crazy week for me. I grow plants for a living and will be doing a large garden festival. It takes two days to set up my display and then I will have a four days selling which involves lots of walking and being on my feet. It could be a good week next week on the scales if I get organised with my own food and stay away from the hot dogs.

“Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.”

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 252.6 (4/9/17)

CW - 252.0 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.71 lbs/week for 63 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Again, an odd week.  As I posted earlier I'm in a general funk.  Super tired and my sleep patterns have been all over the place.  Friday afternoon I came home early and went to sleep for a couple of hours which was a very bad idea.  This meant I didn't sleep on Friday night but wasn't enthusiastic enough to do all that I needed to do.  Saturday I had a little driving to do, cleaned up a bit, and cooked roasted veggies, sausage, chicken, small amount of stew, as a tray of pasta (bacon, peas, cheese tortellini and such).  I may also allow myself to coast for a bit as I'm possibly going to get even busier at work (not sure how this is possible) and I have yard work to start.

So, this week I had take-out meals more than once, lunch out, chinese food (although I split it over 3 meals), cake and cupcakes at work (people leaving - the cake I took a small piece, but the cupcakes I admit I took more than one because they were fantastic).  I'm surprised with all that I'm actually down a small amount.  I suspect this has more to do with not eating some meals, which is not really a good thing either.  I'm hoping the meal preparation I did yesterday will help me in the week to come.  I slept well last night and actually napped this afternoon.  I know that lack of sleep will do me in, but I also know that I should have been doing things when I was sleeping this afternoon.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 252.0 (4/9/17)

CW - 251.6 (-0.4 lbs)

Progress:  108.4lbs in 64 weeks = 1.69 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

#$@%.  Week #2 with no weight loss.  200.60 again this morning, just like last Monday.

This week though, is My Week.  

I don't want to say much, except that I'm already looking forward to next Monday morning.

It will be different then.

Best Answer

Monday's numbers.

Starting weight: ~241+ lbs
Current weight: 187.2 lbs
Last week's weight: 189.4 lbs
Weight lost this week: -2.2 lbs
Total weight lost: 53.8 lbs

Weight left to lose: 27.2 lbs
Mini-goal: <180 lbs
Goal weight: ~160

Best Answer

@A_Lurker  I too often fall into the trap of giving up sleep because of things that I "have to do" but in the end it bites you in that you're so tired that nothing gets done.  Self-care is something that I've come to appreciate (I won't say embrace, because, well....) and I think its something that we have to find a way to come to terms with.  Sleep is such a critical piece of this whole weight loss puzzle, at least for me.

Take care of yourself!

Best Answer

Start:      231.5

3/1/17:  218.25 (-0.50)

3/6/17:  216.50 (-1.75)

3/13/17: 217.00 (+0.50)

3/21/17:  211.50 (-5.5)

4/24.17:  212.75

Total:  -18.75

Mini-goal:  210 (4/29/17)

I've been hiding out a bit-things have been really wonky-up and down between today's weigh-in (one of the lowest in a while) and around 215ish.  I weighed multiple times a week, and I can bounce over a pound a day.  Frustrating.  I've found a rolling average app, and I'll be interested in seeing what that ends up showing me.  I sort of thought that the 211 was an aberration, and I was right.  I could speculate on the causes, but in the end, I haven't been as good about watching food, and my level of activity hasn't been as high as it was a few months ago.  I can't rely on classes to get in all of my steps, so it's been back to the treadmill/running outside in the morning, and it's already helping.  I'm a ton faster than I ever have been before, and to me that's a huge victory.  I almost feel like a real runner!

I probably won't make my mini-goal on time, but should get there in a week or so.  I've got my conditional black belt test this weekend-24 hours of fun.  After hopefully being successful with that, I can get back to working on the things that I need to (running, getting back to lifting) that I haven't been able to due to prep cycle.  Yet another reason to kick this test's butt!

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.0 04/24/2017
Last week 159.4 04/17/2017
Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Basically the same weight for three weeks.  I did hot yoga before I came home today so I may be a touch higher than I weighed due to hydration but it should be close.  I feel like I am eating enough to gain a little muscle and doing enough muscle building activity that I should start to notice.  I do see more definition when I compare a picture from last year to now so that's exciting.  Again, if you haven't tried hot yoga, I recommend it.  You sweat like crazy and your body moves so freely in the heat.

Best Answer

Agree!  I love hot yoga!!

Happy Monday!

Best Answer

@tamado: I can’t comment from personal experience, as the heaviest I’ve ever been so far was 78 kg (172 lbs), which put me right above the lowest end of overweight. However, I think it’s not uncommon for people who’ve lost a very high amount of weight to rebound. In fact, some of the community members who have now been very successful have said previous attempts had failed. I therefore understand your worries about the risk of regaining, now that you’ve reached your goal. I think that risk is low for you because: 1) your activity level is very high (I can see that via your step count, since you’re in my friends’ list: 11 days at 30k+ during the past 30 days), and 2) you appear to have made permanent changes to your eating habits. You also likely have higher than average will power, which is why you were able to lose 100 lb in one stretch of less than a year. All I can say is kudos for your amazing achievement, and for your support to other dieters!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique, I have a ton of respect for you from what I know from you on here.  Those words mean a lot coming from you, so thank you very much.

Best Answer

So, today makes my 1 year anniversary of being a fitbit user and starting my lifestyle change journey . I am beyond excited to be able to say I have lost more than 50 pounds (53.6)... However I know that many here have lost much more than that and some in much less time. I am super happy for them as well. However this is my journey and for me, who thought I could never do it.. I am super excited for this day and this amount of weight to be gone from my body. Granted I still have a long way to go (but not as far as I have come), but super happy today all the same!! Woman Very Happy

I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs -  April 25th 2016
Current  - 04/18/2017 - 158.8

04/25/17 - 04/25/2017 - 156.8 - Lost 2 pounds .. YAY!

LOST 53.6 pounds in one year. I'll take that! .. YAY!!

Goal Weight before Vacation on June 5th - 149.0

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

@HeartBiller: 53.6 pounds in a year is amazing by any standard, especially since you started from a lower level than most! I would be glad if I were able to drop weight at a rate of 1 lb per week for even 8 weeks: all I’ve managed in the past three months is a paltry 2.5 kg (5.5 lb):

2017-04-25_2117.png

But like you, I’ll take that!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique   Thank you.. It has been a journey for me. Definitely a lifestyle change. I am sure I could have done much better if I had a tad more will power, but I given in to temptation at times I shouldn't. BUT I am human.. and have weakness..lol. I have been very happy with it. I am only 5 ft tall so 210 pounds made me almost as round as I was tall... It is truly amazing what 50 pounds can do to change your body... I have to give so much credit to fit bit though, because when I got one and got on here reading and challenging myself to get another star, mile,badge, or whatever.. it sure has helped me to push on. However as happy as I am about this loss, I still have a ways to go, SO, here is to keeping it up and getting the rest of the weight off.

Again Thanks for the kind words!!

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

Starting weight:
1st Jan 2017 142kg (313lbs)

10th Mar 2017 126.9kg (280lbs)
16th Mar 2017 126.3kg (278.5lbs)
23rd Mar 2017 123.9kg (273lbs)
1st Apr 2017 123.3kg (272lbs)
10th Apr 2017 122.5kg (270lbs)
17th Apr 2017 120.9kg (266.5lbs)

25th Apr 2017 120.0kg (264.5lbs)

Target weight:
100kg (220lbs)

Everyone here is amazing! Reading of your exploits is really motivating. I feel now that if I gained weight, I'd be letting you guys down as well as myself. 

My new enthusiasm for running continues. I managed 4.5 miles in 50 minutes in the middle of last week. At the weekend, I did 3.5 in 35! I hit that magic 10min/mile. I was elated. 

A nice leisurely swim this morning before work. I'm just about to sit down to supper. 

Mediterranean style diet and regular exercise are now part of my lifestyle. They are no longer part of my master plan for health, they are simply part of who I now am. 

My wife, friends, Fitbit and you chaps are all part of my happiness and success. 

Thank you!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Good morning!  @Dave001, I know exactly what you mean!  Equally important for me is that I don't gain back the few pounds I have lost.

This is a great group!

SW January 31- 79.8

March 28- 78.5

April 4-78.6

April 11- 77.9

April 19- 78

April 26- 77.8

GW- 70 kilos

I have truly lost 2 kilos!  4.4 pounds!

GW------70

Best Answer

Not thrilled with my results, but in the right direction.  More importantly I started tracking again!!!  FINALLY!

Is anyone on MyFitPal who would like to be friends for support?  My profile name is JennerKnit.  I could really use the company!!

Have a great week!

SW - 193.8 - March 20  First day of spring! 

192.7 - March 27th, one step in the right direction.

192.8 - April 5th.  Same... close enough! 

191.8 - April 10th  Down, yay!!!!

193.1 April 18th  boo...

CW - 192.7 April 26th  OOOKAY

Total down 1 lbs.

MiniGW - 189

UGW - 160

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  151.4 lbs

This Week:  149.2 lbs

Change:       -2.2 lbs

Total Loss:  - 103.8 lbs

Goal :           125

Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts

Didn't think that I'd dip into the 140s in April, but it happened! Looks like upping my water intake was the right move. I drink 3.5 liters now (some days 4) and I feel it has helped with water retention. I highly recommend analyzing water needs if your body starts retaining water in unexpected ways.

I also noticed that I've been feeling tired, cranky and generally irritable during the past week or so. I'm generally a very easy-going person, so this is unusual. Little things are pissing me off way more than they should. I decided to up my calories a bit to see if that helps. I added a running day to my weekly regimen, so I may just need a bit more food to keep me sane. We'll see how that works out for me.

Best Answer