Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

I haven't weighed myself yet this week - I guess I'm kind of scared to Smiley LOL I ate some junk food Monday and Tuesday night, so that wasn't good. But during the day I've been doing fine and since then I've been eating healthier. I meal prepped a little bit on Sunday, so my meals have definitely been healthier! Thank you for the support!! 🙂

Best Answer

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs

• Sun, 6.11:   170.4 lbs
  • Sun, 6.18:   168.8 lbs --- Woot Woot, I'm in the 160s!
  • Sun, 6.25:   168.0 lbs --- Whoa, the year is 1/2 gone ... last weigh-in for June.
  • Sun, 7.2:     167.1 lbs
  • Sun, 7.9:     166.6 lbs
  • Sun, 7.16:   165.3 lbs
  • Sun, 7.23:   163.8 lbs --- Yay!  Blew right through my goal!!
  • Sun, 7.30:   162.5 lbs

-1.3 lbs since last week

-39.9 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Another month almost gone.  Last weigh-in for July.  Still trying to push down to the bottom of my goal range.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

CW - 246 +2     8 WEEK AVERAGE -0.625 LBS (-5)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 244 -0

PW - 244 -7

PW - 251 +9

PW - 242 -2

PW - 244 -3

PW - 247 +5

PW - 242 -9

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

SW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 02 2017;    97.7kg

PW July 03;                            81.6kg

PW July 10;                            81.2kg

PW July 17;                            81.2kg

PW July 24;                            80.6kg

CW July 31;                            79.2kg

loss this week;     1.4kg

total loss to date; 43.8kg

mini goal; 70kg by christmas

Best Answer

So last Monday I posted about how I had a pretty bad week and gained a bit. This week was so much better! My goal was to lose the weight I gained that week. I did that and then some!

Start weight: 200 lbs (5/5/17)

Weight from two weeks ago: 184.6 lbs (7/17/17)

Last week's weight: 187.6 (7/24/17)

Current week's weight: 182 (7/31/17)

Loss this week: 5.6 lbs

Loss to date: 18 lbs

Mini goal: 180 (8/7/17)

Next big goal weight: 167 lbs (12/31/17)

This weeks loss was a lot - but most of it was the temporary weight gained. I promise I'm not starving myself! Smiley LOL This week, I'm worried about going to the drive-ins. I can't seem to resist eating unhealthily at the movies, so my goal is to just cut down on my portion size for that.

Best Answer

Week 8: July 24, 2017

Highest Weight: 305.5 lbs

Weight last week: 298.1

Now: 298.7

Loss this last week: +.6

Loss to date: -6.8

What a frustrating week. I was at 297-something all week. At first I was happy about it, but by Friday it hadn’t gone down any more and I was really annoyed. I felt like it should have been lower. I did a good job of controlling calories through Thursday. After my dud of a workout on Monday I had a really good workout Wednesday. I only missed getting my steps in on Tuesday – but no movement from that number. Until Saturday, my weight was up because of poor food choices. But then I had another good workout Sat morning. But I think that’s kind of where it fell apart. After my workout I ate the pop tart my niece shared with me thinking that calorie-wise it would hold me over for a while. But I was wrong, and I was *hungry* all day, and I ate a lot (a LOT). It felt like I couldn’t catch up. Which sucked.

Yesterday was a little better, but clearly not enough as I still posted a gain this morning. I know this isn’t the end, and that I will build on my workout progress this last week, and I’ll try to learn from my mistakes with my food, but it’s still a bit of a bummer.

My goal for Monday is to be sub-297.

Best Answer
Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Last Week's Weight189.1 lbs
Current Weight188.6 lbs
Weekly Change-0.5 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs

Logging for last Saturday as, yet again, it was a busy weekend. I am hoping to join a gym near my house and get a personal trainer today because I remember when I got to about this point last round I started to slow down and wasn't a huge fan of what parts of my body I was losing weight. I am hoping that with some guidance I can get a safe strength training plan in place, which I lacked last time.

Best Answer

And again, I have been horrible about updating here. Especially since this is about a month late. As you can see, I am doing pretty well on swapping the lean loss for more fat loss considering I've gained lean mass and lost fat mass. Unless my scale is lying to me that is.

Starting Weight Breakdown: ~241 lbs

Fat Percentage/Mass: 34.1%/82.2 lbs

Lean Mass: 158.8 lbs
Current Weight Breakdown: 172.6 lbs

Fat Percentage/Mass: 16.7%/29 lbs (-3 lbs)

Lean Mass: 143.6lbs (+1.6 lbs)
Last Weight Breakdown: 174 lbs

Fat Percentage/Mass: 18.3%/32 lbs

Lean Mass: 142lbs

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 156 07/31/2017
Last week 156 07/24/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Same weight, different week...

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  132.4 lbs

This Week:  131.2 lbs

Change:       -1.2 lbs

Total Loss:  - 121.8 lbs

Goal :           transition to maintenance before starting a bulk cycle

Scale went down some, but I'm not sure if it's just water weight from the previous month (this is around the time in my cycle when I begin shedding water weight) or I am still losing. I don't think I'll know the answer until next month. 

Also, got injured. Have an adductor tendon strain. Soreness and tenderness first appeared two weeks ago after my 4 mile training run. Since then, I ran a very technical 4 mile trail race and a road race. Now it even hurts to walk. Saw my physical therapist and I'm benched from running until this resolves. No ETA because everyone is different. I'm super bummed. I cannot take long walks and some of my strength training has to be modified (no deadlifts, for example). I just really hope this resolves by the time my next races come around (Aug 19 and Aug 22). Makes me want to cry when I think of all the fitness I'm losing just sitting on my butt doing nothing 😞

Best Answer

Over halfway through the week, and I'm doing so, so bad already. This is similar to what happened to me two weeks ago - I've got events and family stuff going on and I'm a social/bored snacker. I've already gained this week, and I'm supposed to be going to Ohio for the weekend. I know I won't eat healthy there as I'm staying at a friend's and going out a lot. I don't know what to do Smiley Mad

Best Answer

@KenzieRae, first of all, play the long game.  It's not about a week, it's about changing trajectory.  Ethics - a long obedience in the same direction.  So, as you learn how to make better choices, there will data points that don't fit the curve you want (outliers) but keep moving towards the new direction.  Your long direction is towards the you that you want to become.  You cannot change the "so far this week" but you can make better choices going forward.  You are thinking and planning ahead, that's already a victory.  
Here's some tips for better choices:
Non-sugary drinks are your friend - Martinis, Vodka and water with lime juice, Gin and Tonic - anything with little or no sugary mix

A couple nachos are ok - beside a giant veggie platter or salad.  Order a meal sized salad, enjoy, and snack on a couple of nachos later.  Wings are better than nachos because you are at least getting protein.  Don't get them breaded, favor dry seasonings and hot sauce over sweet sauces (no honey garlic, thai chilli or even ranch, etc)
Eggs, meat and berries are your breakfast friends.  No sugary cereal, no pancakes - eat a nice, savory breakfast.
These are a few tips.  You will learn to make better choices one at a time.  If you weigh in 2 lbs heavier instead of 4 on Monday, call that a victory.
Now, go have fun, be proud of the decisions you are making.  Think in 24-48 hour chunks, make the best decisions available to you and love yourself.

Best Answer

@tamado Wow, thank you so much! This is super helpful! I'll have to really try hard at restaurants - I think that will be my biggest temptation. Thanks so much for the tips - I really appreciate it! I do tend to get focused on a couple pounds here and there, and you're right - I should also look at the long-term changes I am and have been making. 🙂

Best Answer

@KenzieRae - social events, family, travel and friends are all challenging for weight loss. But, unless we become hermits, this will always be true for the rest of our lives. So, we need a game plan that is not only useful now during the losing phase, but also during the maintaining phase.

It took some tinkering and trial and error, but I figured out what works for me most of the time. I generally give myself four options. I pick one that suits my needs best at the time of the event in question. 

1. Intermittent Fasting. This is my favorite and the one I use most often. In a nutshell, I save my calories for the event. For example, if I am going out to dinner with friends, I will skip breakfast, have black coffee with a very light snack for lunch and use all of my calories during dinner. The great thing about this method is that it allows me to stay within my calorie limits, enjoy the restaurant and still lose weight. The negative aspect is that I spent the first part of my day pretty hungry. To help with this, I drink a lot of water and have black coffee (within reason) throughout the day. 
  2. Maintenance Day(s). So, on this day(s) I just eat at maintenance and not worry about maintaining a caloric deficit. Sure, it will slow down my progress, but I won't gain weight and it will allow me to enjoy my trip/event and take a mental break from restricting calories. I used this method sporadically. When I was actively losing weight, it allowed me to have more food than IF (intermittent fasting), but at the end of the day I still preferred IF because some hunger didn't deter me. Also, this method becomes obsolete when you actually start maintaining. 
  3. Take the Hit. So, some occasions it's just worth it to indulge and enjoy myself. I've done this a handful of times - mostly major holidays, important anniversaries and birthdays of my closest family/friends. I let myself have what I want and be comfortably full without going overboard and full out binging. I do not count calories. The key, though, is to not let things get out of hand and binge, or let one special event turn into a week of overeating. If I am so full that I cannot get off the couch, I've gone too far. This option was the scariest for me initially, but turned out to be very therapeutic. It let me prove to myself that I can enjoy an indulgence without spiraling out of control with eating. The negative is that you do take the hit and go over your calories. For me, some events were just worth it. And, going back to my regular plan wiped out any small gains within days. Also worth mentioning that this is not useful during trips. It's a one event only type of deal, otherwise the pounds pile on quick. During maintenance, I'll modify this slightly and have a couple lower calorie days a few days before or a few days after the indulgent day.
  4. Continue Restricting. Ironically, this was my least favorite and I only rarely did this during trips and special events. Technically, IF is still restricting, but because I pooled all my calories for one meal, it made it much easier. When I continued my day as usual - breakfast, lunch, dinner - I found that I felt deprived and unhappy when it came to restaurants and/or parties. It seemed that everyone around me was enjoying special foods and I was restricted to the salad bowl. That was no fun. And, honestly, I don't see myself keeping this up for the rest of my life. But, it's still an option! If it works - it works. Some people are just better at refusing treats during special events. I am not one of them. Being honest with myself about this helped me work out the other strategies. 

There's another option worth mentioning. Some folks take the hit during an event and then increase their activity levels during the following days to counteract any gains. This would not be an option for me because I already get plenty of exercise. Increasing it beyond what I already do because of a party or a trip is excessive for me. But, if someone is only lightly active, then this is a good option as well. 

Experiment with various strategies and figure out what works for you! The key is to pick something that will be sustainable and applicable after you are done losing weight. 

Best Answer

Start 128.5kg

Last week 117.1kg

This week 117.3kg

Shrinkage 11.2kg

Mini goal 115kg

Desired 70kg

I gained 0.2 kg this week. I have not done as much exercise as normal this week so it is more than likely the contributing factor.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

CW - 241 -5     8 WEEK AVERAGE +0.625 LBS (+5)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 246 +2

PW - 244 -0

PW - 244 -7

PW - 251 +9

PW - 242 -2

PW - 244 -3

PW - 247 +5

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Jan. 6, 2017:       202.3 lbs

• Sun, 6.18:   168.8 lbs --- Woot Woot, I'm in the 160s!
  • Sun, 6.25:   168.0 lbs --- Whoa, the year is 1/2 gone ... last weigh-in for June.
  • Sun, 7.2:     167.1 lbs
  • Sun, 7.9:     166.6 lbs
  • Sun, 7.16:   165.3 lbs
  • Sun, 7.23:   163.8 lbs --- Yay!  Blew right through my goal!!
  • Sun, 7.30:   162.5 lbs
  • Sun, 8.6:     161.7 lbs

-0.8 lbs since last week

-40.7 since start. 

Goal Range: 160-170 lbs

Can't quite believe I've lost 40+ lbs since early January.  Getting close to the bottom of my goal range, and reading weightlifting and fitness books, podcasts, etc as I try to plan for a sensible calorie surplus over the coming months while I try to gain back a bit of weight and build some muscle.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
Ultimate Starting Weight265 lbs
Current Starting Weight199 lbs
Last Week's Weight188.6 lbs
Current Weight189.6 lbs
Weekly Change+1.0 lbs
Mini Goal180 lbs

In the past I would be upset about this gain but I have been working on strength this past week so I will potentially be seeing a slight difference in my loss. Also I have been sick off and on so that affects my loss. I finally have a personal trainer that I am scheduled to see for the first time tomorrow so I am excited to see what exercises they have for me. The only down side being that I leave on Thursday on vacation so next time I will report my weight will be in 2 weeks after flying and not getting a lot of time to try out my new exercise routine.

Best Answer

USW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 02 2017;       97.7kg

PW July 03;                               81,6kg

PW July 10;                               81.2kg

PW July 17;                               81.2kg

PW July 24;                               80.6kg

PW July 31;                               79.2kg

CW Aug 07;                              78.5kg

Loss for week;    700g

total loss;            44.5kg

mini goal; 70kg by Christmas