Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@JCS1966

Hi.  Easy enough to join - just start posting 🙂

Most people post (at least) their start Weight, current weight, previous week's weight, and the loss/gain.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Week 10: August 7, 2017

Highest Weight: 305.5 lbs

Weight last week: 298.7

Now: 297.2

Loss this last week: -1.5

Loss to date: -8.3

So I didn’t quite hit my sub 297 goal, but honestly, I think this weight is better than what I should have expected. It was kind of a hard week, I don’t even understand why I posted a loss, I feel like I have been eating SO MUCH. And I missed my Saturday workout this week, so I doubly expected to not have a loss this week. I definitely lost some momentum. But then this morning, and I see my weight down, and I don’t really understand it. But I know if I want to hit my goals, I need to fight through this phase.

I’m less than 10 lbs in, to a loooong goal. It is not good to be frustrated this early.

Goal for next Monday: 296.5

Best Answer

@AuroraKat Thanks for the tips!! These are really helpful! I think I would probably do the intermittent fasting the best.

Best Answer

So, some settings in my scale were changed adding half an inch to my height which threw off my fat percentage calculation. So I am redoing my numbers with today's readings and what I used as my last reading in my last post. Clear as mud. I am still doing some preliminary strength training but am easing into it as my body is not used to lifting at this moment. So eventually I foresee my lean mass to either stall while my fat keeps going down (I still have fat pockets in my torso area which I've read is pretty detrimental to one's health when the majority of the fat is held in that area), or it will start to climb instead. Either way, as of this morning I am 9.8lbs away from my goal weight of 160 but I knew that as I got closer that end number would ultimately change depending on my fat percentage and pockets I am carrying.

Starting Weight Breakdown: ~241 lbs

Fat Percentage/Mass: 34.1%/82.2 lbs

Lean Mass: 158.8 lbs
Current Weight Breakdown: 169.8 lbs

Fat Percentage/Mass: 17.1%/29 lbs (-3 lbs)

Lean Mass: 140.8lbs (-1.2 lbs)
Last Weight Breakdown: 174 lbs

Fat Percentage/Mass: 18.3%/32 lbs

Lean Mass: 142lbs

Best Answer

Start weight: 200 lbs (5/5/17)

Two week's ago: 187.6 (7/24/17)

Last week: 182 (7/31/17)

Current weight: 185 (8/7/17)

Gain this week: 3 lbs

Loss to date: 15 lbs

Mini goal: 182 (8/14/17)

Next big goal weight: 167 lbs (12/31/17)

Last week was bad. I gained, but I didn't go higher than the week before, so I'm counting that for something. I want to be on a clean slate for next week - back to my 182. Hopefully I'll get there 🙂 I'm going back to school in a couple weeks, so currently, I'm eating on the go a lot - it's not so good. I'm going to try to eat as healthy as I can at the places I'm at and do portion control for anything that it's quite so healthy.

Best Answer

@KenzieRae -- keep at it.  Portion control and eat healthy are strategies that can work together in the same meal.  These days I almost always ask for a veggie or side salad substitution for fries if I've ordered something that comes with fries.  Sometimes you have to pay an up charge but it's worth it.  (If you really want fries get 'em, but I found that I was usually only eating them because they were there -- hard to resist when they are right in front of you).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Clarker86 wrote:

So, some settings in my scale were changed adding half an inch to my height which threw off my fat percentage calculation. So I am redoing my numbers with today's readings and what I used as my last reading in my last post. Clear as mud. ...

@Clarker86  This week I changed my scale from regular to "athlete" mode and fat mass dropped 17 lbs dropping my fat % by 10%.  As you say, clear as mud.  I think the trend line on fat/lien mass for body fat scales is a useable metric, but I don't take the absolute number very seriously.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baltoscott, I don't take the number seriously either but when it suddenly dropped by a percentage point I was a little suspicious but it kept saying I was down a percentage point every time I got on. Then I realized the setting change. So changed it back so I have the same settings to compare the trend to. Don't need erroneous readings while trying to lose the weight. On a plus side, I am nearing my goal weight but am still carrying pockets of fat so once I hit the number I chose I will be switching to a bulking diet and doing some strength training both at home and the gym when I can get there (hard to do with two little ones at home). So eventually my overall weight will start to climb while my fat percentage goes down a bit more and these dang pockets in my torso disappear forever.

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 158.4 08/10/2017
Last week 156 07/31/2017

Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Coming off of a long weekend and forgot to post.  Also, I will be gone next week on vacation!  We shut down our bakery for one week a year to reset ourselves.  We have a seasonal campsite and most of our time will just be the lake but it will sure be nice to be there for more than two nights before going back to getting up at midnight.  
I still feel some anxiety about vacations.  I have been extremely consistent in my weight for an entire year but to not come out of vacation 5 lbs heavier will be a bit of a challenge.  I do not really struggle with the types of foods I eat, it's more the quantity vs activity level.  I have difficulty eating less than what I am used to and on a normal day I am in the 30k step range so I eat a lot.  I will average 10-15k steps/day next week so I need to reduce my input.  I also go weeks without drinking a beer at home but they taste so good at the lake, don't they?  So, I will plan food well, exercise when I can but enjoy my vacation.  I will try not to panic at the scale when I come home.  

Best Answer

Hello!  Long time no see.  Thank you for thinking of me.  I must admit to getting tired of the whole counting my food thing.  I stopped and just tried to be sensible.  Then our scale broke.

We bought a new one, and my weight is just slightly less than it was before it broke.  

It is possible they don't weigh the same.

I'm on school vacation now, and it is not as easy to get my steps in as during a work week.  

I am scheduling my food, with three sensible meals and rice crackers or fruit/veg as snack.  So far so good!  I have been asked to do a reading at a wedding in October, and want to buy a nice dress for the occasion.  Some of this stomach fat needs to go!

Stay well all!

Sw--80

CW- 77.4

Best Answer

I’ve been away for a while (last time I posted an update was on 29-May-17). Doesn’t mean I have fallen off the wagon as far as fitness and nutrition are concerned, though. Here are my updated numbers for the past three weeks (two months gap from where I left):

Starting 1-Jan-2017: weight 67.4 kg, BF 18.5%, fat mass: 12.5 kg
Previous 1-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 8-May-2017: weight 62.0 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 15-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.3 kg
Previous 22-May-2017: weight 62.3 kg, BF 15.0%, fat mass: 9.4 kg
Previous 29-May-2017: weight 62.2 kg, BF 15.1%, fat mass: 9.4 kg

Previous 24-Jul-2017: weight 61.5 kg, BF 14.5%, fat mass: 8.9 kg

Previous 31-Jul-2017: weight 61.4 kg, BF 14.6%, fat mass: 8.9 kg

Current 7-Aug-2017: weight 61.2 kg, BF 14.7%, fat mass: 9.0 kg

These are my TrendWeight numbers, so there’s the built-in TrendWeight inertia in them. Very modest progress compared to most of you out there. However, I don’t have much room to go lower in weight (current BMI is 20.2) and some people who haven’t seen me for a while have been telling me I look a bit skinny Smiley Sad.

My previous "all-time" low (in my Fitbit era, i.e. during the last four years) was last summer (early August 2016), 62.9 kg. I’ve been continuously below that since early April 2017 (four months):

Weight, last 4 yearsWeight, last 4 years

I hope my weight now has a new, lower "settling point" that will make it easier to maintain a lower weight, even when I start bulking. My plan at this stage is to continue slowly dropping weight until the end of this month, and to "reverse diet" during the last four months of the year. Unlike last year, when I gained 4.5 kg in less than 5 months, I would like to gain very slowly, maybe 0.5 kg per month, so as to minimize fat gains. Ideally, I would reach 61.0 kg at the end of this month, be at 63.0 kg at the end of the year, and start a new cutting cycle in January 2018.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@EmjayH wrote:

SW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 02 2017;    97.7kg

PW;                                         87kg

CW;                                         85.9kg 

TW;  70kg by Christmas 

I realised last week that I could lift my own body weight. Something I haven't been able to do since perhaps my very early 20's. was pretty excited 

@EmjayH: congrats for your amazing progress! Just curious: what style do you use to lift your own body weight? I’m asking, because I can easily lift mine on a pull-up bar and deadlift it, but I have a hard time benchpressing it.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@Dominique Pull up bar. Although I can do only 2. I normally do my pull ups on the machine set at 71kg. 3 reps of 15

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  131.2 lbs

This Week:  131.2 lbs

Change:       0 lbs

Total Loss:  - 121.8 lbs

Goal :           transition to maintenance (130-135 lb range) before starting a bulk cycle

No change. I am still recovering from my injury. This is week two of no running and only 20 min/day walks at a slow pace. Also had to halt deadlifts and squats. Still strength training with modifications, though, so that's good.

Although there has been no change, I'm still eating the same calories I have been while running. Not sure what my body is up to, since logically it would seem that I'd be gaining a bit. I guess we'll see when I heal and get back to normal routine. I have no clue what my maintenance calorie range is at this point since everything is out of whack. 

Can't wait to start running again. I have one race at the end of this month (the other one was rescheduled due to air quality with all the smoke around here) and I just hope I'll be able to run it. 

Best Answer

Start 128.5kg

Last week 117.3kg

This week 116.9kg

Shrinkage 11.6kg

Mini goal 115kg

Desired 70kg

Back on the way down.

I see glimmers of spring here. This morning we have blue skies and it is not freezing. This is good news for the walking. I will be able to get back to my long walks with the hounds. Where I am we get 90% of our annual rainfall in winter. Combined with intense winds, it is hard to get out of the house.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

@EmjayH wrote:

@Dominique Pull up bar. Although I can do only 2. I normally do my pull ups on the machine set at 71kg. 3 reps of 15

This is an amazing achievement, especially as a woman and with your current weight! Compared to men, women have less strength in their upper body, so performing pull-ups is harder for them (all things being equal). There are many guys who weigh less than you who can’t do a single pull-up, so kudos to you for being able to do two! As you’ll get lighter and stronger, you’ll definitely see a big increase on the numbers you can do.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@AuroraKat wrote:

This Week:  131.2 lbs. 

@AuroraKat: I can’t believe you’re now lighter than me (131.2 lbs = 59.6 kg, I’m currently 61.0 kg)! 

One year ago, I was 63.0 kg:

2017-08-12_1114.png

Now, I’m 61.0 kg, which translates into a paltry 2.0 kg (4.4 lbs) drop, I feel like an underachiever compared to you! Kudos for your amazing achievement, and enjoy the forthcoming and well-deserved bulk!

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@EmjayH wrote:

I love the pull up machine at the gym @EmjayH.  When I try to up my reps at home I've pull a chair up to the bar I've got hanging in a doorway and put my feet on that so I've got less weight to pull.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

@AuroraKat wrote:

This Week:  131.2 lbs. 

@AuroraKat: I can’t believe you’re now lighter than me (131.2 lbs = 59.6 kg, I’m currently 61.0 kg)! 

One year ago, I was 63.0 kg:

2017-08-12_1114.png

Now, I’m 61.0 kg, which translates into a paltry 2.0 kg (4.4 lbs) drop, I feel like an underachiever compared to you! Kudos for your amazing achievement, and enjoy the forthcoming and well-deserved bulk!

@Dominique - I don't know if you were intentionally trying to do a bulk and cut but the looks like what happened from fall last year to spring this year.  Curious if your lean mass increased as a result at given body weights (i.e., did you have more lean mass at 64kg this spring than you did at 64kg last fall)?

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

@Dominique - I don't know if you were intentionally trying to do a bulk and cut but the looks like what happened from fall last year to spring this year.  Curious if your lean mass increased as a result at given body weights (i.e., did you have more lean mass at 64kg this spring than you did at 64kg last fall)?

@Baltoscott: good point! Yes, I’m now trying to alternate between bulking and cutting phases, with the goal of increasing muscle mass and decreasing fat after each iteration. I think my mistake last fall was to gain weight too fast, which is why I will start my next bulking phase later than last year and from a lower weight, and I plan to gain slower (maybe 2 kg in three months).

Improvements in body composition appear to have been insignificant, if we go by the body fat % reported by the Aria:

Bulking last fall went as follows:

63 kg / 15.6% (13-Aug-16)

64 kg / 16.4% (29-Sep-16)

65 kg / 17.1% (19-Oct-16)

66 kg / 17.5% (4-Nov-16)

Cutting this year:

66 kg / 17.8% (15-Jan-17)

65 kg / 16.9% (28-Jan-17)

64 kg / 16.3% (10-Feb-17)

63 kg / 15.6% (2-Apr-17)

62 kg / 15.0% (7-May-17)

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer