Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

I am finally at a point in my life where I can start cracking down and really focusing on my weight loss. I figured it would be good to try and hold myself accountable and actively track my weight. I am going to do my best to post my weight every week.

Current Weight: 289 lbs

Goal Weight: 250 lbs

I used to play D1 college football and I was an offensive lineman. I am 24 yrs old and I have finally settled into a job and a steady schedule. I have a lot of weight that I no longer need and so I would like to begin shedding the pounds. I will mainly focus on working out more and emphasize a combination of cardio and weightlifting. I would like to be able to go to the gym 6 times a week or at least be active 6 times during the week with 1 active rest day. As for my diet I need to focus more on limiting my portions and increasing the amount of fruits I eat. I am going to try and stick to a diet of mainly chicken, rice, and veggies. Finding new ways to spice up my food and enjoy what I am eating will be tough but I am excited about the challenge. Good luck to all of you and I hope we can all keep up with hard work.

Best Answer

@Grigonic: wow, you’re crushing it! 15 lb in 2016 (12 months), 24.5 lb in Q1/2017 (3 months)! Have you made major changes in your routines this year?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@AuroraKat: you’re so close to joining the select club of 100 lb losers, 153 is more than just a mini-goal!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@Dominique in 2016 I was mostly walking. Just was trying to get the 10k steps every day.
Up north it's colder so you can't really do a lot in the winter.
And then I was on a veggie diet for 2 months which helped a lot.
And I actually lost 30 lbs from January 1st 2016 until May 31st.
In the summer start running too and playing soccer and I maintained the weight until mid October (BTW I stopped logging the food after May)
In November and December I just stopped being as active cause it got cold again.
And Thanksgiving and Christmas caught me off guard so I gained 15 lbs.
Beginning of this year they opened a GYM really close so I started lifting.
I go in at least 4-5 days and I'm in there for minimum 2 hours.
Met some guys and I was behind with lifting, but now after 3 months there are still parts in my body I'm behind them, like my chest. But there are parts that I already lift more then they do.
Very happy with my upper body.
Still working on my stomach (Which everyone says it will go last)
January I dropped 9 lbs which was of course a lot of excess water.
February is when I gained a lot of Muscle and lost Fat (about 5 % less fat) and I lost only 3 lbs from my weight.

March though is been very surprising lost 12.5 LBS which is insane.
But I give it all when I work out.
Change at least 2 shirts while I'm there.
Food wise  was really tough in January. I remember being hungry all the time.
I just started getting more protein in me and I love meat so that was easy part. Not very good about veggies though. And I have no alcohol and no sugary stuff at all.
The only sugar I get is out of fruits.

So this time:

1) I work more intense and more often
2) Bumped up my protein and lowered carbs 
3) No sugar, sweets or alcohol ( and men it's in my genes to love sweets, my whole family does on my father side)
4) I have breakfast then morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack, dinner and maybe sometimes evening snack (very rare)

I know it sounds like a lot of food but the portions are small.

And I definitely feel much better. Don't sleep anymore 5.30-6 hours a night, now I sleep an average of 7 hours or more a night.

I'm getting married in a week and I'm happy with what I've accomplished, but there is one thing what doesn't let me be fully happy about my weight loss:

WHY DID I STOP AFTER MAY 31st?????????
And I can say for sure the biggest mistake was that I stopped logging the food.

I'm European myself and I've never in my life logged food or had to worry about what I ate. I was around 240-250 lbs and was happy with it. But the food in US is very different ( to many chemicals, processed stuff and just wrong taste). I still can remember the taste of the chicken we had around our house and the fruits and veggies from our garden at home.
Also not a lot of friends that you can workout or play some basketball or soccer with.

This time will be different though cause I wont stop until I get to my 220 lbs (100 kg) final goal.
Sorry for to many details.
I will stop now 🙂

Best Answer

@tamado - thank you for your comments! I definitely feel that my vacation was a very valuable experience. Aside from the thyroid issue, another major reason I gained weight was my "all or nothing" attitude. In the past, if I didn't stick to my plan exactly, I felt that the day was "ruined" and used it as an excuse to overeat. Despite not having the same structure and control I have at home, I didn't once feel this way during my vacation. This in itself was a huge victory. 

@Baltoscott - enjoy your trip! It sounds like a lot of fun! 

@Dominique - I am hoping I can hit 153 by the end of April. If I do, I will have lost the 100lbs in a little less than a year.

Best Answer

Starting weight, (Fri March 24 2017)  163lbs

Current weight, (Fri March 31 2017) 160.5lbs  

Loss/ Gain -2.5lbs this week

Short-term goal weight 153lbs

Goal weight 130lbs

I am pleased with this result and am even more pleased to have got off to a good start with tracking everyday. I'm enjoying the process and love feeling a little more energetic even though I haven't lost much weight yet, just not being overfull feels better already! The fitbit app is giving me a clear structure to work within and as long as I remain really honest with myself it's clear what's going on...

@AuroraKat-- your messages have been a real inspiration this week. I hope I can build the same confidence around what I am doing over time. Thank you so much for sharing...

Best Answer

Last weigh-in for March.

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs

-1.3 lbs since last week

-17.8 lbs since start. (Getting Close to 20 lbs!)

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Starting weight:
1st Jan 2017 142kg (313lbs)

10th Mar 2017 126.9kg (280lbs)
16th Mar 2017 126.3kg (278.5lbs)
23rd Mar 2017 123.9kg (273lbs)

1st Apr 2017 123.3kg (272lbs)

Target weight:
100kg (220lbs)

Another good week. Been out for two more 30min runs. Managed 82k steps in the Workweek Hustle and came third. My friends are very competitive! I did win the Weekend Warrior last week though. Starting back at the gym this coming week.

All is good!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

I would like to join the weekly weight in. I have a lot to lose Smiley Sad 

Best Answer

Welcome @anne35  (form another Anne). That's the positive thing with an ongoing thread, you can join any time!

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Welcome, @anne35!

I'm a newbie here too. I was very warmly welcomed by the regulars. 

There's no judgement here, just unconditional support.

Just reading the amazing achievements of others motivates me to stay the course. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

A reminder to keep my steps up!A reminder to keep my steps up!

Sometimes you need a little outside encouragement to keep up with your exercise commitments... Saw this in a window while walking.  Have a good week with your goals everyone!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 255.4 (3/19/17)

CW - 254.0 (-1.4 lbs)

Progress:  1.77 lbs/week for 60 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Off and on this week, lunch at work on Friday, but still down almost a pound.  Kind of sliding into intuitive eating relatively well.  Don't get me wrong, I still pretty much add up what I'm eating in my head, I'm just not recording it.  I'm pretty much over my cold, but have slid into maybe a bit of an allergy thing.  Basically I'm a bit congested, but no other head cold issues.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 254.0 (3/26/17)

CW - 253.2 (-0.8 lbs)

Progress:  1.75 lbs/week for 61 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

Kind of sliding into intuitive eating relatively well.  Don't get me wrong, I still pretty much add up what I'm eating in my head, I'm just not recording it.:

I think being able to track in your head based on the experience you gathered measuring and logging everything is ideal. Incidentally, I listened to an interview with Eric Helms (really smart guy, often mentioned and praised by Lyle McDonald) earlier today in which he said exactly that. Made me smiled when he said his wife found his constant tracking kind of weird (and unnecessary).

Congrats for your progress, you’re getting close to the 100 kg milestone!

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

CW - 248 -0     8 WEEK AVERAGE -1.5 LBS (-12)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 248 -3

PW - 251 -2

PW - 253 -0

PW - 253 -3

PW - 256 -1

PW - 257 -2

PW - 259 -1

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Had another decent week. I stayed within my calorie goal. I got on the treadmill a coupe of times and went hiking yesterday. I am happy to see the scale slowly moving in the right direction. 

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17
Current weight: 152.8
Previous week: 154
Weekly loss (gain): -1.2
Goal weight: 135
Short term goal: 145

Best Answer

WEEKLY WEIGH IN for me the old short guy with a beard (Phil Chenevert)

WEEK  TWELVE OF MY WEEKLY WEIGH-IN FOR ACCOUNTABILITY.

highest weight 212 lbs.

goal weight 144 (I am a short old guy, 5'4" 76 years old now)

WEEK 1 JAN 16, 2017 BEGINNING WEIGHT 161.6 pounds

WEEK 2 JAN 23, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 162.2 pounds + 0.6 pounds whoops!

WEEK 3 JAN 30, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 160.4 -down 1.8 pounds !!!! yaaaa. feelin' good

WEEK 4 FEB 6, 2017    CURRENT WEIGHT 160.0 - another tiny loss and in the right direction

WEEK 5 FEB 13, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - a big loss for me. great!!!!

WEEK 6 FEB 20, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.2 - actually a surprise but a nice one.  

WEEK 7 FEB 27, 2017  CURRENT WEIGHT 158.4 - well, I'm hangin' in there!  (daily 16 hour fast start)

WEEK 8 MAR 6, 2017   CURRENT WEIGHT 157.0 - OK now, this is more like it  - 1.4 pounds

WEEK 9 MAR 13, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 156.8 - All Right!  

WEEK 10 MAR 20, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 157.0 - Well, not great but that is what the scale says!

WEEK 11 MAR 27, 2017 CURRENT WEIGHT 157.8 - wait a minute! that's the wrong direction! 

WEEK 12 APR 3,  2017  CURRENT WIGHT  156.8. - OK, that looks just fine to me!  

And the beat goes on; I am feeling good, walking a lot, and enjoying life.  My wife and I just celebrated our 50th anniversary with two cakes : a Lemon one for me and a Chocolate one for her.  Both made by our daughter which is even better.  I auditioned for the role of Maurice in Beauty and the Beast at our local theater.  My dancing was great but my singing was ... not so hot.  Remember people that the universe is out to support you every day and that  you are loved by many people. 

If you can do something nice for someone today, Do it.  The world needs more of that. 

Best Answer

If someone wants to join - what are the weigh in days? I currently always weigh in on Tuesdays. Will that work? (I'm also currently on WW, but considering going back to pure caloric intake tracking and saving a bit of $$). Thanks!

Jenn Walks / Fitbit Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR / Android / Chrome OS / Windows
Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.2 04/03/2017

Last week 156.8 03/27/2017

Maintenance mode

Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

I did not gain 2.5 lbs in a week, I did not gain 2.5 lbs in a week...
Last weigh in was at the end of a bigger than normal work day leaving me hungry and dehydrated before weigh in.  Today was lighter than normal and it shows in the numbers.  I may have gained some.  I have been eating more to try and gain some mass back slowly and in a healthy way.  I am thinking maybe 5-10 lbs at most, no major bulk.  So, I have increased input but the same foods.  Still no pop, minimal sugar, very little processed, etc.  We'll see what next week looks like, I am actually ok I think.

Best Answer

@Jenaht Welcome!  You can weigh in on any day you choose.  There is no set requirement for this group.  🙂

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer