Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs
  • Sun, 4.16:  181.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.23:  179.8 lbs
  • Sun, 4.30:  177.7 lbs
  • Sun, 5.7:    175.6 lbs
  • Sun, 5.14:  174.4 lbs
  • Sun, 5.21:  173.2 lbs
  • Mon, 5.29:  172.1 lbs
  • Sun, 6.4:     172 lbs

-0.1 lbs since last week

-30.3 lbs since start.

Goal Weight: 165 lbs

If not for TrendWeight, I would have shown a gain today. I'm not too worried about it as I've traveled about 1/2 of the past two weeks.  Eating (and exercising) away from home presents challenges and I'm working on my strategies for social events and celebrations (went to the beach a week ago, then two graduations - one out of state -- this past weekend. Next weekend, or maybe the one after we will have an out of town house guest to entertain and drive around the Baltimore/DC area -- it is all a bit of a blur). Mostly I am trying make sure I get fruit and veggies at every meal when I eat out and I am splitting some meals with my wife so we don't leave so much at the restaurant.  I try to focus on simple main courses without sauces so I can better guess what is in them, but it is hard to resist a local cultural dish like shrimp and grits from low country South Carolina. Challenges ... 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

CW - 251 +8     8 WEEK AVERAGE -0.875 LBS (-7)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 243 -1

PW - 244 -0

PW - 244 -1

PW - 245 -0

PW - 245 -2

PW - 247 -2

PW - 249 -9

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 249.4 (5/21/17)

CW - 249.2 (-0.2 lbs)

Progress:  110.8 lbs in 69 weeks = 1.61 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

I admit I'm struggling a bit lately.  With my past history of wearing myself out dieting, and a discussion with my primary care physician, I'm aiming for roughly 33 pounds a year at this point.  This means ~ .6 pounds a week.  Or even let's say 3 pounds a month, which is a little higher.  So, to that goal I'm at 17.2 pounds since Jan 1st so I'm pretty much right on track.  However, it feels like I'm standing still since I got used to the 2 lb/week losses.  It's also a fine line trying to just lose a little weight and not stop losing weight.  On the plus side the weight loss, even though I feel it's slow, has become pretty much effortless.  I may kind of coast through the summer and maybe take a harder approach through the winter.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 249.2 (5/28/17)

CW - 248.8 (-0.4 lbs)

Progress:  111.2 lbs in 70 weeks = 1.59 lbs/week

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

SW (pre Fitbit) Nov 14 2016; 123kg

SW (Fitbit) March 02 2017;    97.7kg

PW;                                         87kg

CW;                                         85.9kg 

TW;  70kg by Christmas 

I realised last week that I could lift my own body weight. Something I haven't been able to do since perhaps my very early 20's. was pretty excited 

Best Answer

Hokay.

Starting weight: 301.4 lbs

Now: 301.4 lbs

Loss this week: TBD

Loss to date: TBD

I had a work friend once who was ashamed to go to the gym because she wanted to lose weight before she starting working out in front of people.  I almost didn't post my numbers because I'm ashamed of my weight - but reading all the super supportive posts on here, and talking to family members this weekend, I'm (trying to be) confident that the scale number does not define me.  But my attitude and my effort in this journey does. 

Happy Monday 🙂

Best Answer

I find the forums on fitbit very frustrating to find old posts.  Seems my post didn't go in last week, or I'm failing to find it... So, I'm going to have to fudge last week's weight, since I don't recall... Anyhoo...

This week was actually ok.  Pulling back on my sugar intake and have been succeeding.  Well done to everyone who works so hard here!

jl 

SW - 193.8 - March 20  First day of spring! 

192.7 - March 27th, one step in the right direction.

192.8 - April 5th.  Same... close enough! 

191.8 - April 10th  Down, yay!!!!

193.1 April 18th  boo...

192.7 April 26th  OOOKAY

192 May 1st  Keep going...

191.7 May 8th Slow...

193.0 May 16th

194.5 ish May 29th ???  entry MIA

CW - 193.7 June 5th

Total down - - Even.  Here we go again...

MiniGW - 189

UGW - 160

Best Answer

Attitude indeed.  You got this!  Good for you!  Have a great week!

Best Answer

@IMchika wrote:

Hokay.

Starting weight: 301.4 lbs

Now: 301.4 lbs

Loss this week: TBD

Loss to date: TBD

I had a work friend once who was ashamed to go to the gym because she wanted to lose weight before she starting working out in front of people.  I almost didn't post my numbers because I'm ashamed of my weight - but reading all the super supportive posts on here, and talking to family members this weekend, I'm (trying to be) confident that the scale number does not define me.  But my attitude and my effort in this journey does. 

Happy Monday 🙂

At first I didn't want to go to the gym because I was embarrassed by how I looked. Now I don't care. I go there to improve my health not look good for others. Most who go will respect you for trying to better yourself anyways. We all gotta start somewhere

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 158.8 06/05/2017
Last week 158.4 05/29/2017
Maintenance mode
Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Five day motorcycle trip to the mountains, basically no gain, I'll take it.  I packed a cooler full of fruit, veggies and trail mixed and ate out of there most of the weekend.  I am really starting to feel like I have a bit of a handle on this.

Best Answer

@tamado wrote:

I am really starting to feel like I have a bit of a handle on this.

You've lost over 100lbs! And kept it off.

That's more than "starting to have a handle" on things!

You're the Jedi Master! The Yoda of weight loss!

Give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Starting weight:
1st Jan 2017 142kg

25th Apr 2017 120.0kg
10th May 2017 118.8kg
16th May 2017 120kg :up_arrow: 😢
23rd May 2017 118.4kg
31st May 2017 117.4kg

5th June 2017 116.6kg

I've done it! My weight loss has gone beyond 25kg!

There's still 16.6kg to go to reach my goal, but 25kg seems such a huge hurdle. I don't mind admitting that I'm rather proud of myself!

Tomorrow, I'm going to put 25kg in my rucksack and go for a short walk, just to remind myself of what I used to be carrying with me everywhere. 

Best Answer

Great job @Dave001! Definitely something to be proud of. You worked hard and have the results to show for it. Enjoy your celebration!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tamado. You have been a huge inspiration to me. I have been reading your posts since I joined the forum 6 months ago and now that I'm in maintenance mode your posts remind me that I will be able to maintain my weight and fitness routine. Keep up the good work! 

Best Answer

It's beyond comprehension that I can undo weeks of clean eating in a weekend of camping and eating whatever. If you go straight by calories I would have had to eaten 12,000 calories beyond what i burned which i know I didn't but the number says I did. Ugh, starting over yet again.

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17
Current weight: 152.8

Previous week: 150.2 
Weekly loss (gain): +2.6
Goal weight: 135
Short term goal: 145

Best Answer

More important than a few numbers, @Kimbur96 is did you have a wonderful weekend in the company of people you love?

What is a short term, small gain compared to the memories you'll keep forever of happy times with loved ones?

And on the subject of those "gains", as you said yourself, you didn't eat sufficient calories to gain that much true weight. So one must conclude that it is a fluid gain. Did you eat more salt than usual and drink more than usual? If so, the gain will be transient and short-lived. 

All told, the personal gain of a happy weekend is more important than a slight weight gain. 

Best Answer

Thank you for putting Things into perspective for me. It was just me and the dog but still a good time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Start                 128.5kg

Last week        119kg

This week        118.7kg

Shrinkage         9.8kg

Mini goal           115kg

Desired             70kg

Congratulations on 25kg @Dave001

Your weight loss journey is fun to read each week.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

@Kimbur96 wrote:

Thank you for putting Things into perspective for me. It was just me and the dog but still a good time. 

Happy to help.

"Just" the dog? I love the company of my dog!

She doesn't interrupt. She doesn't want to talk about the vacuous numpties on the idiot lantern. She never complains about a long, long walk! She never complains about my favourite walking weather... pouring rain. 

Best Answer

@Kimbur96 wrote:

It's beyond comprehension that I can undo weeks of clean eating in a weekend of camping and eating whatever. If you go straight by calories I would have had to eaten 12,000 calories beyond what i burned which i know I didn't but the number says I did. Ugh, starting over yet again.

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17
Current weight: 152.8

Previous week: 150.2 
Weekly loss (gain): +2.6
Goal weight: 135
Short term goal: 145

Pushed the water yesterday, ate clean and went for a run and most of the "water weight" came off. 150.2 this morning. 

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  142.4 lbs

This Week:  138.6 lbs

Change:       - 3.8 lbs

Total Loss:  - 114.4 lbs

Goal :           125 lbs

Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts - DONE! I am officially in the "healthy" BMI range. 

New Mini Goal: 135 lbs - because this was my steady weight since more active college days

I broke through the plateau in a major way. Because I now weigh myself every day, I see that this plateau almost perfectly coincided with my cycle. I will continue to weigh myself daily from now on. I actually find it to be less stressful than weekly weigh-ins. Also, the more data, the better! So, anyone struggling with a plateau, don't give up - the weight will come off eventually!

My trail 5k went well, but was the most brutal 5k yet. The course took us in and out of a ravine. The elevation gain on the way back out was killer. My usual 5k trail training route had slightly higher overall elevation gain, but it's more gradual. This course had us run uphill for the last 1.5 miles. There was a particularly steep section that had stairs, which I opted to walk on, since my knee is still not fully recovered and running up stairs would not be beneficial. Otherwise, I did run the whole course, albeit very slowly - average pace was 13:00 mins per mile. I look forward to coming back to this particular trail race next year (the running club that hosts it holds it annually) and seeing if I improve by next summer. Oh, and it was a pretty hot day without any wind. I crossed the finish line soaking wet!

My next 5k is this Sunday. It's a charity race for an animal shelter that I will treat as a fun/recovery run. I definitely need to take it easy after yesterday's ravine!

Best Answer