Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

USW, Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

Ave. Fitbit-calculated daily calorie deficit last week                    

• Sun, 6/10:    167.3 lbs          (end maint/begin cut)
  • Sun, 6/17:    167.5 lbs  -519
  • Sun, 6/24:    166.5 lbs  -1033
  • Sun, 7/1:      165.5 lbs  -453
  • Sun, 7/8:      165.2 lbs  -538
  • Sun, 7/15:    164.3 lbs  -631
  • Sun, 7/22:    163.7 lbs  -565
  • Sun, 7/29:    163.2 lbs  -592
  • Sun, 8/6:      162.6 lbs  -939
  • Sun, 8/12:    162.3 lbs  -889
  • Sun, 8/19:    162.1 lbs  -575
  • Sun, 8/26:    162.5 lbs  -622
  • Sun, 9/2:      162.3 lbs  -743
  • Sun, 9/3:      162.0 lbs  -754
  • Sun, 9/16:    161.7 lbs  -774

-0.3 lbs since last week, -5.6 lbs since June 10.  

Goal Range: 155-165 lbs

Nice to see a drop this week even though I was on a break from the gym.  Break continues this week and I'll start a new weight-lifting cycle next Monday.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

September 16

SW 78kg

CW 66.6kg

GW 60kg 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the thread @HoosierDaddy73. It is kind of weird to look the Day 1 Trendweight screen when you do a restart.  I had forgotten what it looks like 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

CW: [ 336 ] 340-343-340-340-341-336-336-330-334-334-333-336-336-334-332-334-330-332-337-337-340-336-333-331-326-333
- 4lb

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Week 3/8 of maintenance phase (following 12-week fat loss phase), where the goal is to keep the weight between 58 and 60 kg:

Week 0, ending 27-Aug-18: 58.8 kg, 15.2k steps, 3008 cal. -> -0.82 kg

Week 1, ending 3-Sep-18: 58.2 kg, 15.9k steps, 2935 cal. -> -0.64 kg

Week 2, ending 10-Sep-18: 58.0 kg, 16.1k steps, 2844 cal. -> -0.19 kg

Week 3, ending 17-Sep-18: 57.8 kg, 14.2k steps, 2572 cal. -> -0.19 kg

I lost another 200 grams, in spite of further reducing my activity, which caused me to slip slightly below the lower limit of my maintenance range:

2018-09-17_0924.png

Not too worried about it: my annual trip to the US (this year: New Orleans!) is just 5 weeks away, and I know from past experience I will easily gain about 2 kg in less than a week while there.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Week 1 is in the books. Have to say I'm pretty happy with the start. Minimal snacking helped and I upped my water intake by a bunch, to almost a gallon on some days. I feel like I'm flushing out the system from unhealthy living over the last few months. 

SW: 189.9

CW: 187.5

lost 2.4 pounds since last week (and in total)

GW: 170 - 17.5 lbs to go. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 9.01.55 AM.png

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

Welcome to the thread @HoosierDaddy73. It is kind of weird to look the Day 1 Trendweight screen when you do a restart.  I had forgotten what it looks like 🙂

Exactly, Scott. At least I'm at week 1 now. I normally wouldn't reset but since I was at a tie for my all time high I figured maybe it would provide an emotional boost if I started strong. haha.  

Best Answer

Missed my weight in yesterday...oppss

USW - 194 

LW - 168.5

CW - 170.3

GW - 145

My foot is still hurting quite a bit so I am having my hubby kick my butt with some weight lifting routines...I am assuming this gain is due to water from inflammation at changing my routine, he is happily kicking my butt 🙂 Squats, push ups...trying to get 1 pull up...and other random weight lifting exercises. I'm letting him take the lead and I am enjoying myself...he not a runner or hiker, so he's super excited to be exercising with me 🙂

I have also gone back to recording my calories for now...this weight gain is kinda of freaking me out, although I'm pretty sure it shouldn't. I am doing way less cardio, although I did go for a gentle run this morning, I was so stiff from working out with hubby, I really needed to get some blood moving throughout my body, and it worked, the run really felt good and I am not so sore...for now 🙂

Have a wonderful week!

Best Answer

@lavabelle wrote:

Missed my weight in yesterday...oppss

USW - 194 

LW - 168.5

CW - 170.3

GW - 145

My foot is still hurting quite a bit so I am having my hubby kick my butt with some weight lifting routines...I am assuming this gain is due to water from inflammation at changing my routine, he is happily kicking my butt 🙂 Squats, push ups...trying to get 1 pull up...and other random weight lifting exercises. I'm letting him take the lead and I am enjoying myself...he not a runner or hiker, so he's super excited to be exercising with me 🙂

I have also gone back to recording my calories for now...this weight gain is kinda of freaking me out, although I'm pretty sure it shouldn't. I am doing way less cardio, although I did go for a gentle run this morning, I was so stiff from working out with hubby, I really needed to get some blood moving throughout my body, and it worked, the run really felt good and I am not so sore...for now 🙂

Have a wonderful week!

If you're doing weights and allowing some rest periods and as long as the soreness from the muscles due to weight lifting recover within a few days, then possibly weight gain is due to muscle and bone growth which is nothing to worry about.  Make sure you allow yourself ample rest.  If any part of the body hurts, then it should be given enough rest.  Fitness can only be realized if rest to the body is given.  I would measure your waist circumference as that is a better predictor whether fat is creeping back as that's where the body stores fat mainly around the belly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bikerhiker wrote:

If you're doing weights and allowing some rest periods and as long as the soreness from the muscles due to weight lifting recover within a few days, then possibly weight gain is due to muscle and bone growth which is nothing to worry about.  Make sure you allow yourself ample rest.  If any part of the body hurts, then it should be given enough rest.  Fitness can only be realized if rest to the body is given.  I would measure your waist circumference as that is a better predictor whether fat is creeping back as that's where the body stores fat mainly around the belly.

I took my waist measurement yesterday and was shocked I lost 3" from 3 weeks ago...so I am pretty sure it's not fat coming back on. I find staying active (gentle exercise) really helps me recover from muscle soreness. My muscle soreness is mostly due to a change in routine, but something is wrong in my foot :(...I really don't want to take so much time off hiking and running, but I have too to let it heal...but I am also concerned about losing the fitness gains I have made in the last few months...so it a balancing act with my foot. I normally run for about at hour and a 7 min per km pace, but I only ran for 28 minutes at a 7:30 min per km pace this morning...my foot does not hurt more than it did before, so hopefully I did not make it worse...hubby suggests I do more weight lifting for now and less cardio until I am fully healed, and I am following his advice, but it saddens me to run and walk so much less...

Best Answer

@lavabelle  — there are not too many good things about injuries, but one is that it forces you to change up your routine and develop a new and more rounded level of fitness by exercising muscles differently.  Glad you are upping the weight-lifting.

And if you manage to start knocking out pull-ups you will be the envy of 9 out of 10 women, and 6 out of 10 men 🤣

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

And if you manage to start knocking out pull-ups you will be the envy of 9 out of 10 women, and 6 out of 10 men 🤣

🙂 Hubby drives me crazy with this one...he weights less than me and can crank out 8-10 pull ups no problem (he weighs less but he is way stronger)...I told him that by the time I reach his weight...another 8-10 lbs to lose...I'll be doing at least one pull up...it's a fun goal to have and my competitive side like the challenge 🙂 

Best Answer

Start weight 292.3 lbs 2018-08-20

Now 273.1 lbs 2018-09-16

Lost this week 3.9 lbs

Lost to date 19.2 lbs

I may be losing weight too quickly.  I am doing Nutrisystem Men's 1500 but I am thinking that 1800 may be better

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bodam2005 wrote:

Now 273.1 lbs 2018-09-16

Lost this week 3.9 lbs

Lost to date 19.2 lbs

I may be losing weight too quickly.  I am doing Nutrisystem Men's 1500 but I am thinking that 1800 may be better

Interesting that you say that. I'm seeing similar numbers. I'm not on Nutrisystem but similarly, I did lose about 4 pounds last week and from tracking my calories in the Fitbit app it looks like I was eating around 1,500 calories a day. 

Best Answer

@bodam2005 wrote:

Now 273.1 lbs 2018-09-16

Lost this week 3.9 lbs

Lost to date 19.2 lbs

1500 calories for your weight sounds dangerously low, especially since you are male... How do you feel? How is your energy level? I am female, 5'6" and 168-170 lbs and I eat around 1700-2200 calories a day...anything lower than that and I feel like passing out, and I have absolutely no energy for any kind of activity...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is my weekly weigh-in:   Start weight 265 lbs (8/1/2008) Now 206.1 lbs (9/17/2018) Goal 150 lbs.  LOSS THIS WEEK of 1.5 lbs. Loss to date 58.9 lbs. Next Mini weight goal 195 lbs.

I wish all of you well with your goals !

Best Answer

1500 seems to be the standard Nutrisystem calorie for their Men's program.  (The Woman's program seems to be 1200 calories).  I actually feel better than I have in a while.  It's just 4 lbs a week is quite a bit.

Best Answer

@bodam2005 3.9lbs loss is approximately 1.4% of your total weight...many sources recommend 1% body weight loss a week...so sounds like you are on track, and if you feel good, why change it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lavabelle wrote:

@bikerhiker wrote:

I took my waist measurement yesterday and was shocked I lost 3" from 3 weeks ago...so I am pretty sure it's not fat coming back on. I find staying active (gentle exercise) really helps me recover from muscle soreness. My muscle soreness is mostly due to a change in routine, but something is wrong in my foot :(...I really don't want to take so much time off hiking and running, but I have too to let it heal...but I am also concerned about losing the fitness gains I have made in the last few months...so it a balancing act with my foot. I normally run for about at hour and a 7 min per km pace, but I only ran for 28 minutes at a 7:30 min per km pace this morning...my foot does not hurt more than it did before, so hopefully I did not make it worse...hubby suggests I do more weight lifting for now and less cardio until I am fully healed, and I am following his advice, but it saddens me to run and walk so much less...

If you're concerned about maintaining cardio fitness without aggravating your foot, perhaps you can try aqua-walking or aqua-running in the pool if you have access to a local pool.  Most pool have free life-jackets or life-belts you can use for this exercise.  Aqua-running and walking helps maintain whatever cardio fitness you have, plus the water and movement helps blood circulation necessary for speedy healing.  This is the routine all professional and elite runners do when they are going through injury rehab or for running maintenance during the winter.  Besides, you've got a beautiful body now that you might turn some heads and get your hubby jealous in the pool!😋

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bikerhiker swimming was definitely something I've been considering...I was thinking cross training before all this started with my foot...but pool running sounds really cool - pun intended 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes