Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight Loss Goal 50 to 100 Pounds

Hi! 

I'm trying to lose 75 pounds, hopefully at a rate of 1.5 pounds per week. I started on my journey a week and a half ago and I'm currently down 3.6 pounds.  I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and if you want friends for extra motivation feel free to add me.  🙂

Best Answer
428 REPLIES 428

iMike I think that is a fantastic idea.  You would not only be motivating yourself to stay on track but potentially motivating others!  If you do let me know I'd love to check it out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I refused to sit down yesterday evening until I got my 10,432 steps, just as I did, hubby got home, and asked me for some help, so instead of sitting down and spinning wool, I got an additional 2,150 steps in before going to bed at midnight, since those 2000 steps was after I would normally go to bed at 10, I'm going to set today's goal at 10,442 steps, not 12,000. 10,000 steps is a huge stretch, as my average 2 weeks ago was 6,000, increased to 7,000 last week. 

Best Answer
Spun dreamer that's amazing! Great job!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@imike  - Love the youtube channel idea.  I think it would be really neat to have a video diary, that way you could see yourself change, not just through static pictures.  Whether you posit it or not, it's a cool idea.

I managed to beat my steps so I'm carrying on forward with the challenge.  Woman Happy

I hope that those who read the board for motivation and inspiration and choose not to post remember that even a simple hello will help you stay connected and focused on your goals.  This is such a great place to vent and be encouraged.  Especially if you feel like "I just don't feel like doing this anymore" that's when you really need to reach out. 

So the weekend is coming up - what activity do you have planned to get your body moving?  What's more of a challenge on the weekends?  Food or Exercise?

Mine is BOTH.. I seem to just want to sleep the weekend away sometimes.  It's hard when you're so busy through the week that when Saturday finally rolls around you maybe able to sleep in a little, and then that throws off my meals.  I have learned to really plan my weekend if I want it to turn out the way I want.  And a biggy for me is to not overcommit.

My path isn't always straight or clear, but at least I'm on the way somewhere.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer

Phyllis0 here:  Last week I did very well, even got a badge for losing 5 pounds.  This week I did terrible.  I wonder if they take back the badge if you gained some of the pounds?  Smiley Happy  Since this week was a total loss (and not weight loss), next week I'll be back on track!!! Heart

Best Answer

Phillis - you know why this week wasn't terrible, because you came here and participated.  You are in the mindset of being aware that this is something you want to achieve.  No week is ever going to be perfect.  Ever - for any of us.  So pat yourself on the back that you did do something positive this week.  Focus on small changes that will get you back on the right track - not so much the scenic route. Woman Very Happy

My path isn't always straight or clear, but at least I'm on the way somewhere.
SW 263 CW 248.6 GW 160
Best Answer
0 Votes
Weekends are tough for me because I lose the structure that my work week provides me. It really depends on the events of the weekend as to whether food or exercise is the biggest issue. I find I really need to keep a strict eye on myself or everything starts relaxing and next thing I know, I've missed my steps or gone wrong with my food.

As for the step challenge, been doing well so far. Glad to see so many taking it up!
Best Answer
0 Votes
hayleycan: Thank you for your words of encouragement. Because I am retired and live a very relaxed life style, I really need to concentrate on my goal. Which I will
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm less active when my husband is home on the weekends, for some reason, or at least less active on my own, he's a very active person, and if he reaches out and gets moving with me, it's easier, but when he's outside with the kids and dogs, I just want to hide out and enjoy the quiet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you need to binge, then do it! Just keep food around the house that won't add too many calories and/or binge on protein. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps yesterday: 10,477

Steps today:  10,490 (will likely go up as I get ready for bed)

How's everyone doing so far?  Good? Bad? Needing motivation?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SpunDreamer

I'm the same...my husband enjoys going hiking with me and dog a lot more than I do.

In fact, I don't enjoy it at all but feel bad if I don't.  I tell myself I should be looking forward to it as it adds steps to my day.  I also tell myself the more I do it the closer I'll get to that day when I actually enjoy that type of thing.  Right now though, if I had the choice I'd choose pj's all day long with some good movies or books LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm low on steps and it's nearing bedtime. Hubby is home and relaxing so that's what I want to do too. I don't mind. In the last two days I've got a full day worth of extra steps compared to before and I'm not giving up. After two huge step days I'm good for an average day. Tomorrow back up to ten though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My original goal was 1163 yesterday which I did not hit.  Today it was 1173 and I hit 12178!  Tomorrow my goal is 1183, here's hoping I can do it! 🙂

Spun Dreamer - you have been doing fantastic!!! You should be proud!!!!!!!! 🙂

Best Answer

Hayley: For me personally I find that food is the issue on weekends because I am less structured, however tomorrow I am most worried about my steps. Tomorrow is my last Saturday in Maine before I fly home to Arizona on Friday so I have a lot of car time driving all over the state to visit family and friends. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to stay motivated to get in my activity even while visiting with people!

Phyllis: You have so much to be proud of working on making change. Unfortunately changing is not easy and we have to deal with the not so good weeks too. I am just so proud of you that you aren’t giving up on yourself!

To anyone else checking out this thread, Hayley is right! A simple check in can make all the difference! 🙂

I hope everyone has an amazing Saturday, I will probably not be able to check in since I have scheduled myself visits from early morning to late evening. Good luck and happy stepping! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Lisa, I'm having a slow day right now, was working at my spinning wheel, and the fitbit doesn't count it, even though I am moving, so that's rather annoying, but it's not exercise either, just me not sitting like a lump, like  Icould be doing. Making extra trips to the chicken run, and wandering around the Garden while I'm digesting lunch, then I have to get back to work. (Spinning wool is my home business)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Challenge check-in:

Yesterday:  10,490

Today:  11,046

Tomorrow:  10,510

How I do it: 

• I walk on the spot at home when my foot acts up
  • I train:  I'll be participating in a 25km (15.5 miles) charity walk that takes place in September.  I'm attempting to get at least two days a week of walking 8km (almost 5 miles) on pavement.  Each week I plan to increase the walk by one mile
  • I'm also on another site that links to fitbit (found through another discussion board here).  It's a virtual walk.  As of tomorrow, I'll have finished walking the entire length of the Florida Keys - that's 138.8 miles (223km)!!!!!  Each day you can go view the pictures of where you walked.  It's pretty neat! 

The reason I tell you this?  I want to know how everyone else is getting their steps in...it doesn't matter how many, just how you do it.  Let's share our strategies 🙂

Best Answer

Im new to this and have 4st to lose, always looking for new pointers and motivation 🙂 xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
🙂 Don't let today's choices be tomorrow's regrets 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

You've come to the right place, MissLisaC. Many on here are great motivators and you never know who you may be motivating in return Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome misslisac! You are most certainly in the right place! Vanessa (paperclip) is right! Everyone is so motivating!

Today my goal is 1193. Good luck all!
Best Answer
0 Votes