Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for friends - 50s and female and getting fabulous!

Hi!  I'm looking for some friends for motivation and support.  I'm 51, female, and working on losing 30 lbs.  My A1c is pre-diabetic so I'm shedding some weight to try and get it under control. 

Anyone?

Best Answer
2,010 REPLIES 2,010
That is awesome!! ?I love my Fitbit too!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The device does not show the charge but it seems to be recording my data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Who's post are you saying that's awesome to I'm just wondering because it doesn't say?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning frauline_annie,

Here to help and share the journey with you on the "calorific highway"

Half way around the planet from you probably but we all seem to have the same challenges in life! 

Have a fun and stress free daythumb-328420.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, A year younger and on my second fitbit now. Had a clip belt one which, you guessed it flew off somewhere never to be seen again. In the UK they are around £70 ($110.00) so i was somewhat grumpy.

Anyway ditto on the type 2 and my youngest son is type 1. The penny drops really having seen a recent documentary showing the increase in leg amputation as a direct result of type 2 complications! Oh my god! note to oneself, get off ones arse and do your 10k steps every day! lol...

Old english soldier enjoying lifewindsordavies.jpg

Best Answer

If you're still looking for members, I'd love to join your group. I've only had my fitbit for a little over a week and really liking it. I'm 53, just diagnosed Type II diabetic with high blood pressure and hoping to manage with diet and exercise. I would like to lose 50+ pounds but not having a lot of luck with the "a little harder" food plan. Any tips?

Best Answer
0 Votes
debmn,

Welcome to the group. We all seem to be nearly in the same boat and trying
hard to change things. I am hoping to remove 40 lbs myself and have had my
Fitbit One since end of March. Really motivating and the ladies here are
quite inspiring. Good Luck, we can do this!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am loving reading all these messages. I am realyy struggling. I will have 1-2 good days and then it all falls apart. It helps me to know that I am not alone

Best Answer

I got my FITBIT on July 22 and trying to get into a routine with walking and heathly eating habits.  It's hard for me because I work out of my car and I spend most of my day driving. I'm getting better at getting my steps in, I have even taken over mowing the lawn for my husband just for the extra steps it gives me.  My favorite night time snack is Boom Chicka Pop, 37 calories per cup, with a serving size of 3.5 cups.  So you can get a lot of popcorn with only 120 calories.  Plus it tastes great.

Best Answer

I turned 50 in March.  I joined the Fitbit community on July 29th.  If you are still looking for group members, I am in.  I want to lose 90 lbs and bring my cholesterol numbers down.  I am not a runner, yet.  My knees and back tell me that I need to lose at least 25 lbs first.  

Best Answer

Hi everyone,  I'm 54 years old and I just started with my fitbit last week and I Love it!  I need to lose 10 to 15 lbs and have lost 7lbs. to this point.  I started with S Fitness on my phone which counted my daily steps but I got tired of having my phone on me all the time and bought the Fitbit One.  It is way more motivating and I love the sleep tracker.  My goal is to try to log my food everyday and hit 10,000 steps as well as at least 30 minutes of more intense minutes (not having a lot of luck there!) LOL.  Diabetes runs rampant in my family as well as heart disease and there is no time like the present to try and stay as healthy as possible!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I love food and love to snack too! 😜. I've recently been trying to eat healthy snacks. I'm trying to limit my white sugar and flour. My favorite new snack is frozen red grapes . You might want to give them a try! 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning everyone.? I hope you all have a great day!?
Best Answer
0 Votes

JoniB

I am also a female over 50 - 20 years  over 50 !  I got my fitbit from my daughters for Mothers day. I LOVE it.  I am retired so I have plenty of time to get in my steps.-between 6:30 and 7:30 am and in the evening before bed to reach my 10,000 if I haven't made it during the day.  I found a lovely path to walk on that smells of honeysuckle and has rabbits, squirrels and deer to watch as we walk.  I met another over 70 lady on my 3rd day walking and we keep each other motivated on the days when we really don't want to get out.  I have to drive 3 miles to get to the path but it is 3 miles around and is a delight.  Any other seniors out there? I hope that I can keep this up in the winter. 

Mickey

Best Answer

Count me in...I am 52...I just ran/walked my VERY first 5K last Saturday...I didn't break any records for speed, but it sure was fun and a big accomplishment for me. I am loving my fitbit...wow...I wonder how I lived without one for so long....it's so motivating to update it...granted I've only been at it for just a little under two weeks, but I actually have been keeping up with it.  In the past when I've tried things such as a pedometer and recording steps...I never kept up with it...but this is different.  I just started using the food tracker, which I am really finding helpful!  I would love some support and motivation from all!

Best Answer

Hello everyone,

My name is John i am new to this group i am hoping to make some good friends and share some great information. I am a 57 year old male who is pre-diabetic and has had major heart surgery. After the sugery i weighed like 158. Right now i am at 210 pounds and for a while started drinking and smoking again. today i am free of all of that. My major problems are my diet and exercise seriously i don't feel good every. like the zest i had right after the heart surgery. I have a fitbit i am looking to get involved with a walking group and learn more about nutrition, if anyone in this group have simular isuses and would like to share there thoughs ideas and suggestions i would be most grearful.

thank you so much and have yourself a blessed day

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I'm Lindka from England, UK - 52 years old and have a number of health issues including pre diabetes.

I've got my Fitbit about an hour ago, just setting everything up.

I'd love to join this group and get support and give support to others.

Enjoy your Friday evening and to those in UK, your Bank Holiday Weekend.

Lindka

Shifting the pounds and planning my Wedding for 21/12/15 x
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm 58 and have had fitbit for a week. So far so good, but haven't lost any weight. 🙂

Best Answer

I used to LOVE the extra steps from mowing the lawn. But then I got married again and now my husband has a riding mower. I have to find them elsewhere now. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also use My Fitness Pal to track what I eat and the great thing is that Fitbit talks to it! So my daily steps gets included in the calorie calculation for the day. I try each day to have more calories out than in. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes