Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I log pregnancy?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to put in that you are pregnant in the female health portion of the app? Starting to think that this part of the app was designed by a man...it only tracks your period and fertile times, but not when you actually get pregnant? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

The women's health tracker works so well in terms of periods and ovulation that I actually used it to avoid getting pregnant historically and now I’ve used it to get pregnant and it worked first time! But I agree that I would good to be able to have an option for pregnancy because on 9 months time or after I’ve breast feed (if I can) it would be good to be able to use it again but my data is going to be completely skewed

Best Answer

I agree.. it was great at tracking when and even my period and ovulation would be. Definitely sucked tho when pregnant and now breastfeeding. I don’t even bother with the Women’s health tracker now. I only use it to track steps and monitor my food and water intake with the app.. it would be nice to be able to adjust calorie burning for breastfeeding. Even something as simple as that would be a nice addition 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Spungymoo@Babyblu08 and thank you for your feedback. 

I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family and we don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been a Fitbit user for many many years, and find it extremely frustrating the pregnancy option still hasn’t been applied. We have been asking for it since the female health tracker became available, and the numerous requests have been completely ignored it seems. It makes me wonder if Fitbit it sees women as a marginal group of clients when it ignores a major factor in female health like this. I’m currently pregnant, and the application just keeps asking if my period has already started (and let’s not talk about how complicated this feature is…) and telling me my weight and cardio fitness have gone **ahem** up, so to speak. I’m starting to think Fitbit really is designed by men and more importantly FOR men. I will be looking into a different brand once my current Fitbit reaches the end of its life.

Best Answer

How can I vote for this? Have followed the link but no idea how to vote from there?

Best Answer

That was suggested back in 2018 and it’s now 2022…I’m thinking Fitbit doesn’t even listen to these suggestions. It’s ridiculous that this part of the app is so useless once a female becomes pregnant 

Best Answer

Good point .... Not even a single statement from Fitbit. We need an update. Anything!

Best Answer

This is indeed so frustrating!! I feel all my data is useless now except steps because my resting heart rate has gone up and although I still exercise a few times a week it is at a slower pace so active minutes have gone down. There is a million of these threads on here all having the same ridiculous response by fitbit saying to put it into the suggested features where it has been suggested for years!!!! 

Best Answer

The first comment on this was logged 4 years ago and as of this morning (close to 4 years later). There is still not a way to let Fitbit know you are pregnant. 

I stopped using my Fitbit in 2019 when I was pregnant, and canceled my premium membership and stopped wearing my Fitbit as I’m pregnant again. I’m highly disappointed this hasn’t been resolved - it tells you that you are wildly unhealthy as heart rate, temperature and weight change. Moreover, setting roadmap based on votes seems like a bad business decision. Giving every customer an equal vote fails to consider customer life time value and long term loyalty. I buy all the devices for my family and am inclined to switch to Apple who I think will be more responsive after 4 years.

suggestions:

1) give ability to indicate “I am pregnant”

2) 1.0 turn off notifications about weight and heart health 

3) 2.0 map the female journey of pregnancy and give normal bands for these things, helping me validate I’m doing the right things

4) consider how you take input feedback based on CLTV rather than Democratic vote. 
5) give a method to email with Proust. Mgmt team bc who knows if the forum is actually monitored

Best Answer

Not to mention that the female health tracking gets entirely messed up and tells you that

your avg cycle length is 170 day or whatever. 
At the bare minimum I would expect the app to be able to detect anomalies or disregard long periods of no tracking.

Best Answer

I would just like to post here and say that I wrote this almost 4 years ago. My son is now 3 and Fitbit still hasn’t given any energy to this issue. That’s a shame. Do better Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Why are we still asking for female health features based on pregnancy???!!!? How has Fitbit not added these already?????

Best Answer

This should no longer be marked as solved because nothing was solved. This “great idea” that you (@WendyB) and @AlessFitbit chimed in on. Has the highest votes in features requested on Fitbit at over 6,000 votes. The next highest was at 3,401 votes asking to manually log exercise—clearly this one was added no problem. 

At this point women deserve a real response to this request. If it can’t be done, say why. If Fitbit is working on but it’s complicated, fine but just say that. 

Please reconsider responding differently when someone asks this again. The coaxing and telling a user to make an obsolete vote on a feature request is a slap in the face. 

Best Answer

Just an update from my part (not that Fitbit cares…) my baby is now 8m old and I have stopped using my Fitbit. It sits on top of the fridge gathering dust. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign: thanks for all the fish. So to speak. 

Best Answer

Same, I stopped using it entirely because of that. Everything changes during pregnancy (fitness level, shortness of breath, calories spending, obvious lack of menstruationa etc.) and it should be considered in the settings. 
Same for breastfeeding, it should calculate the extra calories spending that it requires. Not sure when I will use my Fitbit again.

Best Answer