Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Menstrual Cycle Tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Developers,
My new fitbit takes the place of multiple apps and devices. Except for Period Tracker. With the ability to track most information, this seems like an oversight. Please consider adding this capability that would be helpful to a great percentage of your clients.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,

Recipient of Charge HR for Christmas

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I’m going to assume you ‘boys’ are as ignorant as you seem.  The female menstrual cycle affects heart rate, sleep patterns, dietary intake, physical activity levels and fat burning patterns.  Did you know that women burn up to 30% more fat during week 3 of the menstrual cycle?  That rates of deep sleep peak the same week?  That we get a little bump of testosterone in the last few days before menstruation, causing that oh so terrifying event called PMS?  Yes, it is caused by your precious manly hormone.  No wonder it can be scary.

Best Answer

It's interesting that the Android app I use "period tracker" shows me the option to sync with fitbit it but it doesn't actually work.  Are you finally making that happen and the other app is just waiting for fit it to write code to fill in the ijnfo to this app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit announced today they are going to add period tracking.

https://blog.fitbit.com/female-health-tracking/

Best Answer

I'm unable to find the female health tracking option in versa. Can someone pls help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the fitbit female health tracking launches in May 2018.

Source: https://blog.fitbit.com/new-fitbit-smartwatch/

Best Answer

Looking forward to the period tracking.  

What about poop tracking? Is any serious consideration being made to develop poop tracking? That would be good too, please.

Best Answer

Great. Do anyone know when it'll be available and if it will work witch Charge 2? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I currently use the app FLO and if you could get the two apps to communicate that would be helpful or just have the same questions to track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everyone! 

I have some great news! This week we started rolling out our new feature: female health tracking. It is important to note this is slowly being released to users on iOS and Windows. It's coming soon for Android. 

I know you're all excited and if it isn't available to you yet, don't worry it will be there soon. Thanks for your patience. Once you start using the feature and if you have questions, I invite you to post in the Female Health tracking board. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Yes! I definitely agree! It's a pain in the **ahem** to enter the same information twice, rather than just linking the apps. I'm pretty sure I can sync data from fitbit to the period tracker app, but not vice versa. 

Same with the Omada Health app! I have to screen shot or enter the info twice 😧😧

Best Answer
0 Votes
They finally added it !!! Seems to be good

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Can you please confirm this information is tracked by the app not the device?

I have been using an old flex and have just upgraded to the altra hr.

The man in the store told me the new tracker would not have this feature?

I would expect he is wrong as surely the type of device is irrelevant to this feature?

Before I swap over, can you please tell me if this information will be lost!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just checked on website it says the Alta hr doesn’t have the female health tracking option

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Oh dear that's foolish of them, it should be running off the app
not the device!!
Going in today to swap for the Samsung tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The different watches all have different ablitlies

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The female health tracking is on the fitbit app. You can use it on android, apple and windows 8. The alta hr device itself doesn't have any new display or connection to the female health tracking. You can use the female health tracking even if you don't have a fitbit device by just using the app and adding the female tracking tile.

The versa and ionic models do interact with the app itself where it will show on the display screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh thank you so much!!
That was what I thought. So for me upgrading from a very old flex it will
be no change!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Cajeri and @Ericacruc, thanks for stopping by! My friend @LunaMoon3 is right. The female health tracking is available in the Fitbit app for iOS, Android, and Windows 10. If you have Fitbit Ionic or Fitbit Versa, you can see the female health tracking on the watch. 

In order to see your period information on your Fitbit watch, swipe up from the clock face and scroll until you see your female health information. 

For more information about setting up female health tracking, see How do I set up the female health tracking feature in the Fitbit app?. Also, please make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date, we've released new versions for Android and iOS app

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Please consider renaming it “menstrual heath”. Not everyone who gets their period idenfities as female, and not everyone who identifies as female has a **ahem**. Please stop eroding identifies and making others feel invalid. 

Best Answer

Welcome here @Noxvoortella! We've received similar feedback on our Feature Suggestions board in this regard. Please vote and comment on the suggestion to show your support for it! This is the best way to share your thoughts with our Product Teams. We hope to see you there!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes