Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Scammers

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of you new or even those of us who have been part of the community for awhile. Beware of scammers on this site. There are moderators, but not enough of them to keep the kooks out. Remember these are open boards and open groups.

Best Answer
193 REPLIES 193

Yes I understand that I went some were else to talk. But i thought i was safe because they were active in the fitbit site. But I learnt from this experience and I hope others do to.   I have been very careful who i talk with.  Thank you for listening. yes i did report them. 

Best Answer

It is a shame @quilting65  but you've learned a lesson and that might just help another person avoid problems in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Yeah, that's important to be careful. 🤔
Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Community Forums.

Thanks for your continued reports and feedback about these reports. Unfortunately, scammers and bad actors may cause issues in the Fitbit community. Fitbit is committed to continuously improving the safety and security of our community, and thoroughly investigates and takes action on all reported posts, comments, and profiles. Keep in mind that while some accounts may seem suspect, our moderators may determine that reported users haven’t broken any guidelines. We encourage community members to report specific profiles or content that violates our guidelines as this is best way to keep the Fitbit community safe. We continue to moderate activity and look for new ways to ensure the best possible community experience.

Feel free to reach me or any other moderator if you have more questions.

Best Answer

With all the times I've reported these scam accounts, I've never gotten any backlash out of Fitbit. I'm not very nice in some of my reports either with them Not protecting Our Community. Read thru the community standards and use it to Your advantage, try not to give personal attacks to the scammer. Let them hang themselves, play along. 

I had one woman admit she was an online hooker, an hour later she was gone. The BIGGEST problem is Management doesn't have the manpower or the Will to stop it. I believe that they make money from sheer numbers of App downloads.

Best Answer

Blocking them doesn't help Others in the Community. You have to report them first to make a difference. Problem is that they come in faster than we can take them out. 

Best Answer

Hi @ALP1961  when I downloaded the Fitbit app for Android, Google Play didn't charge me a penny. So how do you think Fitbit makes money from us downloading the apps? Fitbit makes money selling their products. Interesting someone admitted they were an online hooker!

Best Answer
They get money by the number of downloads from app store or the apple
platform (ratings). Only conclusion I can come up with or they would be
being more Proactive in stopping the flow of scammers into the App, or the
other reason is They Don't Care about the paying customer online anymore.
I am Not a premium member but I've Paid for every device I've ever owned,
making me a paying member of the community as well as anyone else who has
paid for their devices.

Alan L Patrick
Best Answer
0 Votes

I unfortunately want NOT as smart as you. And had a texting/phone relationship for three months. He eventually asked for money which I didn’t give but still very concerned and afraid of the possible outcome

Best Answer

Hi @Scammed1  why not change your phone number since the scammer has it? Might make you feel less concerned once you have a new number. Staying safe is important.

Best Answer
I understand. It should give anyone pause before adding scammers as friends
on any site. 😕
Best Answer

@TanyaK  you're so right. I moderate a page on Facebook and it's amazing the number of people who ask to join when they aren't even interested in the subject matter, much less able to answer the questions to join. Internet has changed our lives, mostly for the better, yet we still have to be careful. Guess it's no different than walking down a street and choosing not to enter the alleyway with the busted street lights.

Best Answer
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I see lately it has gotten even worse!
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Awwwww thanks there’s a lot of scammers on here just be safe

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

He made a picture of me and him and it looks like were in bed.  It is not true and I don't know how he got the picture of me he used. 

Best Answer
Omg! How disgusting!
Best Answer

They are so pathetic

Barbara
Best Answer

That’ crazy!! How did they get your picture?

Best Answer

@quilting65  a lady I know on Facebook had a guy stalking her who did the same with her picture, too. It's all about being safe before you need to be safe. The main thing is you're more cautious now and not going to fall for someone who isn't real. Just ignore the guy and if he's a friend, remove him and make every social media place he knows about where only friends can see it.

Best Answer