Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate day after drinking alcohol

ANSWERED

I am a data geek so I like tracking the HR data from my Fitbit.  I am an runner and I log my average heartrate during my runs as well as my resting heart rate for that day to get a % HR number.  It lets me know how hard I am working.

One thing I did notice about my resting heart rate is that it would elevate 1 - 3 bpm for the day after drinking alcohol (for me usually a couple of glasses of wine) the night before.  The HR would stay slightly elevated for a day or two, then drop back down again.

Has anyone else noticed a casual correlation between resting heart rate and low to moderate alcohol consumption?

Best Answer
254 REPLIES 254

Lluriana are you referring to your resting heart rate or your blood pressure? For example 124/80.

For me it is the same. Even despite drinking it will increase with stress. Better to walk than to drink.

If you went to go to the hospital, it could be that you had alcohol poisoning. Were these your symptoms?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for adding those links @Williehutch03. I found that information helpful. 👍

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Rude. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My apologies if I offended you in any way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure 🙏🏾 

Best Answer

My pleasure 100%

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not drink at all

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Very good! You will live a long time! 

Best Answer

It's not perfect for sure but at least it's some form of a tool to track the difference in your rhr. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow you typically have a RHR of 45! That is amazing 👍🏾 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep it up and congratulations! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you completely quit? What is your status now? I'm debating on totally quitting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The best response ever! 

Best Answer
It won't let me easly get back into my account
Best Answer

@slikkjakka Going forward with Fitbit, it best to sign with your Google account.

Best Answer