Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Working While Unplugged from Charging Cable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, my one is all of the sudden having issues. It is fully charged, and when I go through the reset process I can get it to respond while it is in the charger. When I pull it from the charger I cant get it to respond, light up, sync, etc... are there other alternatives to reset this thing?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

Is this replacement option available to others of us who are experiencing the same problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't been offered a replacement but have also noted that others have had their fitbit one replaced and they are still having the same issue.

the Item is faulty across the board. not just one or two of them.

I would like a full refund please.
Best Answer
I’m concerned that the same thing will happen with the replacement because this was a brand new one. My old One did this same thing. My cousin gifted me a new One. When I plugged it into charge it I had the same results as on my old One. I’m hoping it won’t because I really prefer the One over the Zip.

Tina Kelley
Best Answer
0 Votes

My summation is based solely on the posts from others (not just one post).

Just check the item over fully to see if it works. Good luck, and let me know how you go. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got this fitbit One as a gift and it is doing the same thing. I got it all set up but it wont work off of the charger. This stinks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got off live chat with a fitbit rep! I got one replacement before but now this replacement is having the same issue. They will not send a new one to replace the new "replacement" and no vouchers towards a new tracker.

This stinks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jrm27 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your inquiry. The replacement option will depend on your warranty status. Also, customer support review case by case to determine if a replacement is the best solution available.

@justjulie1968 Thanks for sharing your feedback on this thread. I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@tkelley11 Thanks for your reply! I hope this will not happen to your replacement unit. Please let me know how it works once you receive it!

@BernieN Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for letting me know that you also experiencing this.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. This has helped other users in the past.

@tknguyen It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for contacting customer support regarding the situation you are experiencing with your One not turning on when off the charger. 

It's unfortunate to read that they are not sending another replacement. Did they offered any other solutions for you?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR no i was not offered anything. Nothing at all!  It seems like this is an issue with the product itself and I am getting no help from Fitbit to resolve the issue 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tknguyen Thanks for your reply and for sharing that information. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

In case you decide to get a new tracker; I'd recommend getting one of the new generation of Fitbit devices. Feel free to compare their features using this tool.

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

SantiFitbit, you're missing the point.  Most of us are upset about this not just because our new trackers don't work, but also because Fitbit no longer makes the One or a similar device that's not worn on the wrist, so we can't get a replacement product that meets our needs.

Best Answer

I've stated the same thing multiple times only to get a generic sorry and then and another plea to use the discount on anther tracker. I think it was all a sales ploy that went awry. And they won't own up to it. We've been clearly dealt a bad hand by them and they expect us to stick around while we're clearly on to them. Such a shame. My one was working perfectly too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Karutha Welcome to the Fitbit forums, I hope you're doing well @Pfiga. Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding the Fitbit One and your experience with customer support on this thread. 

Please feel free to check the discussion on this thread about One Alternatives. You should find some interesting information there.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received new One. Plugged it in and charged. Unplugged from charger. Setup with app on phone. Thank goodness it worked. I’ve been using a Zip but I don’t like it. And I have an Alta HR but it doesn’t track everything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My one was working perfectly fine. Then,poof. No display. Plugged it in. Said full charge. Unplugged. Nothing. Synced to the service. Was updated. Nothing. Did the step by step. Nothing. Now mind you,before this, it was holding a charge anywhere from 7-10 days. And it was 5yrs old. This was a concerted effort on their part to move us to a wrist based tracker/and/or/ a new product(even at a discount) for more profit. I'm sure they're taking a financial beating from competitors. I'm done with them. I loved my one. They lost a customer for life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tkelley11 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience with the new One. I'm glad it worked properly and that you are back on track now.

If you keep experiencing issues with your Alta HR. Please feel free to check the Alta HR Board as you may find some help there.

@Karutha Thanks for your reply and for sharing your experience and feedback regarding this.

It's unfortunate to read that customer support was not able to provide a good solution for you with the discount offered. Sorry to see you go.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get my FitBit One today. It doesn't work.
The battery icon shows up when it is loading. When i pull it off it does nothing.

Reset of 12 seconds doesn't make any difference.

Please help me! I will start to get fit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't ever work. Fitbit One's running updated software. Read through this thread for many, many of our experiences. If you just bought it, return it as Fitbit will likely offer you a discount on a new purchase but cannot or will not fix the software defect that broke all our Ones. They want us all to purchase wrist-based trackers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FieFit Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying the restart steps in order to sort out the situation you are experiencing with your One's display not turning on when off the charger.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@kctinMA I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One. Thanks for your feedback regarding this.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all.

Found a One after my Flex decided to not charge or hold a charge, so I decided to go break open the box and setup the One.

Decided to charge it overnight to make sure it was full and set it up in morning via the app on phone.

This paired and updated the software but when It finished and I disconnected it from charger nothing came on screen even after pressing the button.

Have tried resetting it via Fitbits instructions and also doing the multiple resets but everytime I disconnect it from charger it just seems to die.

Maybe it is a software issue or the battery can no longer hold charge but I wish Fitbit would supply some sort of answer to find solution or downgrade software to try and see if it solves the problems we are all having.

Maybe it is just time to move on and try another model or even another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope you kept your packaging. They may be able to replace it if you have a receipt or the packaging.

Tina Kelley
Best Answer
0 Votes