Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Working While Unplugged from Charging Cable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, my one is all of the sudden having issues. It is fully charged, and when I go through the reset process I can get it to respond while it is in the charger. When I pull it from the charger I cant get it to respond, light up, sync, etc... are there other alternatives to reset this thing?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

I have the same issue with my Fitbit one. Can you please also send me I instructions on how to resolve this issue. It has been several months since I have been able to use it. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Santi. I am having the same issue. Can you please pass on the information on how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello @SantiR 

I have got the same issue.

I tried many times to reset it but without any success.

Pls help us I bought this for giving to my friends gift

Best Answer
0 Votes

The product has issues, but they keep selling it. Total joke

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BC8 wrote:

hello @SantiR 

I have got the same issue.

I tried many times to reset it but without any success.

Pls help us I bought this for giving to my friends gift

The product has issues, but they keep selling it. Total joke

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact problem and Fitbit is trying to push the problem onto me saying my battery is not charging.  My phone says it's fully charged! I think it's a glitch on their end but won't admit to i . Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem  with my One as you do.  I'm wondering if they stopped supplying software updates in order to force us to buy a new and different model!  Amazon is doing  this to ROKU owners in an  attempt to have them buy Amazon Fire Sticks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently had the button on my Fitbit One stop responding.  Luckily it is still recording steps and syncing to my phone (just can't view on device or track sleep anymore). I bought another one used to replace it, and the new one is experiencing the same issues everyone here describes. I am tempted to switch to the Fitbit Inspire since it can be used with a clip, but it doesn't track stairs and I've heard mixed reviews on the battery life, but I am also hesitant to gamble on a 3rd Fitbit One that may experience the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The inspire does not track stairs and it’s not as sensitive to walking as the one was. I don’t like it as much. I wear it and the Alta to try and catch my activity.

Tina Kelley
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tkelley11 wrote:
The inspire does not track stairs and it’s not as sensitive to walking as the one was. I don’t like it as much. I wear it and the Alta to try and catch my activity.

Tina Kelley

Just curious do you wear the Inspire on your wrist or clipped on to you? I wonder if that makes any difference as far as sensitivity goes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the "One".  I just found out that Fitbit discontinued this which means they most likely stopped their software updates.  In the meantime,  Fitbit lied to me 3x's saying I wasn't charging this device properly.  Ummm...do they think their customers are that stupid??!!??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve tried both ways.

Tina Kelley
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I'm wondering if there was ever a solution to this problem as I'm going through the exact sane thing now myself. 

I did read somewhere that the issue could be the battery and therefore replacing the battery solves the problem. Has anyone else heard if this is true. 

Thankyou

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found out that this greedy company stopped the software updates on purpose in order for us to buy the new  on the wrist design.  Frankly, there is no way I would buy a new one and support this company!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Software updates are still being issued, the latest one for Android was released this week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit stopped software updates for the One in the conspiracy of hoping we would buy the wrist Fitbit.  No way!  Won't support corporate greed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I repeat, software updates are still being issued.  I have a Fitbit One and have no problems with the software updates I have received and my One is absolutely fine .  You obviously have a problem, but don't blame it on corporate greed.

Best Answer

How is it that you're the ONLY one getting software updates!  Read the blog!  Everyone is complaining of the same problem.  If the updates were in place, you and I would not be having this conversation right now.

Do you work for FitBit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I do not work for Fitbit.  Details - I am using a Samsung S6, with Android ver 7.0.  My One is running firmware 6.64 and Android software version 3.10.1.  I had problems with battery and synchronisation with earlier software versions - 3.7, I think - but the latest updates have sorted this out.  If you look at other postings, you will see other people are getting updates.  What phone do you have and which operating system?

Best Answer

Samsung 8

Best Answer
0 Votes