Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Working While Unplugged from Charging Cable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, my one is all of the sudden having issues. It is fully charged, and when I go through the reset process I can get it to respond while it is in the charger. When I pull it from the charger I cant get it to respond, light up, sync, etc... are there other alternatives to reset this thing?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

What you have to realise is that this is a forum for people with problems and complaints.  If your Fitbit is working perfectly, there is no need to visit and say anything.  I know of friends whose Fitbit One is still functioning with no problems at all.  There does appear to have been a problem with an upgrade that has caused issues, but it also appears to have been random - some people have issues and others have not.  The ones that had no problems will have no cause to visit this forum.  I have not had any problems with the 6.64 firmware update.  I had issues with one of the software upgrades, but further upgrades have sorted this out, which shows that Fitbit are still supporting the Fitbit One.  So your comment that everyone's battery died at the same time is a bit of an exaggeration.

Best Answer

Before you make accusations towards me, may I suggest you do your homework????

Read the multiple forums!  I don't make this stuff up!

Lucky you that yours didn't stop working.  If you were one of the many, you wouldn't be gloating right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not gloating, just stating the facts as they stand. If my unit had stopped I would simply put it down to one of those things that happen and move on with my life.  There are more important things to worry about in life than whether a tracker stops working.  I suggest you take a chill pill.

Best Answer

My my aren't we the upstanding citizen of the year...NOT!

If you're not part of this problem then back off and mind your own business!

Better yet, I'll stick a gold star on your forehead to show what a busybody you are!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as everyone else. Just upgraded to 6.6 battery shows fully charged when plugged in. Once I unplug it it’s dead does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! I was having the same issue & now it works again.. I plugged my Fitbit in the computer & held the button longer than the 10-12 seconds they say too.. unplugged it & continuously presses the button until it turned on.. hopefully that’ll help

Best Answer

Hi Drew! How long exactly did you hold the button on both actions? I held the initial one on the charge for 30 seconds and unplugged it and held it off the charger for another 30. It never turned back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I held it plugged in for 30+ seconds, unplugged it & kept pressing
the button until it came back.. sadly when I went to charge it cuz the
battery was dead it went back to the same issue.. so it still doesn’t work
😫😫
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did live chat with fitbit support, there sending me a replacement. My warranty expired a long time ago. Try contacting them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I'll try again -- I actually called them last night and all they did was offer a 25% discount. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They won't do ANYTHING but offer a discount. So you were lucky! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They only offered me a discounted lumpy dumpy god awful wrist unit that most women despise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the online chat and make sure you mention that this happened after you did the update to 6.6 and that you saw on their community board that others had the same issue after the update. 

Best Answer

Will do!

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I tried the online chat as well and even ended up escalating the issue to a manager because the rep was kind of snotty. I’ve spoken to two managers that basically said, it’s an old unit. I definitely mentioned each time that people had functioning units before the software update, therefore it’s an issue on their end. I even mentioned this thread and they basically don’t give a crap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THEY DON'T GIVE A CRAP BECAUSE THEY ARE A CRAPPING COMPANY!   SO KEEP THAT GOING!!      NEGATIVE ADVERTISING IS VERY POWERFUL !!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same issue. It only turns on while plugged in to the charger, however it won't light up or show anything on the display. Please advise Thank you, Charlie
Best Answer
0 Votes
since most people are having the same issue with the ONE not turning on even after a full charge why not just post a fix to the issue?
Best Answer

Fitbit purposely shot this dead in the water.  If you go on their site, they no longer carry clip on trackers.   All they have are cloddy, unattractive wrist pieces of garbage!!  They stopped the software updates to force us to buy something else from them?  Ha!  Never...greed is ugly Fitbit!!! By the way, Fitbit wouldn't allow me on one of their forums.   What happened to free speech??????

Best Answer
0 Votes