Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One stopped syncing after last Fitbit Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I allowed my phone to update to the latest fitbit software app.  After that the my Fitbit One does not stay synched. I have tried to reset the Fitbit three times in a row by plugging into dongle and holding down button 12 seconds. No effect.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone and turned bluetooth off and on with no effect.  I had no problems before that. If I remove the One from my account and add it again it will then synch, but in an hour or so it stops. I am using an android phone (ZTE N9518) with Android version 5.1.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Syncing issues for Android users after the 2.64 app update has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

I will be closing this thread for further responses. For anyone experiencing syncing issues please see this article. If you are still experiencing syncing issues with your flex, please start a new thread. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I'm having the same problem since yesterday.... I hope they find a fix for this issue

Best Answer

My One won't sync either.  Not really a useful tool if it won't sync. 

Best Answer

After doing some checking around I found a website which had an earlier version of the app, removed the newly updated version and installed an older version I downloaded from the site. Once I did that my Fitbit One is working normally again; it's no longer disconnecting after an hour or so. I'm quite sure that the problem is with the updated app and not the Fitbit One. I understand they have discontinued the Fitbit One and are probably reluctant to do updates to the app to make sure it works, but since I still have a working Fitbit One and I'm quite happy with it I don't see why I should have to upgrade to a newer Fitbit simply because the software is not being supported for the Fitbit One anymore. Most disappointing.

Best Answer

Could you please share the number of the old version? I tried a couple from a site I found, but I'm still unable to sync. If I can't resolve this issue by the end of the week... I'll be replacing FitBit One with another brand entirely. I'm sick of having to reset FitBit, along with all of its syncing issues. For the amount of money the device costs, I expect better. Thanks for your help! 

Best Answer

I used verson 2.63 from a web site called uptodown.com I hope it works for you. 

Best Answer

Aha!  So that's why I can't get it to sync since yesterday morning.  Now what are we supposed to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good question.  I am surprised a moderator has not jumped in the address this issue.  You can do what I did and remove the latest app version and install the earlier one I listed above.  Mine is now working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. They only way I have found to keep my account synced is to sync it daily on the computer with the dongle. Once it is synced with the computer your mobile app will be updated. Kind of time consuming, but the only way I have found out to keep it up to date. 

Best Answer

I just tried version 2.63 and so far so good.  I had submitted a help request with fitbit and after learning what fixes I had tried they were asking for my warranty information.  I had to write back and ask if I really needed warranty information for an app update since my device isn't the problem?  We shall see what they say, but it didn't make sense to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here too.  Once the phone update loaded my One tracker stopped syncing.  I have have uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit, turned my phone off and on and turned Bluetooth on and off.  Reset the One tracker several times and each time it syncs the once and that is it.  No more syncing after that.  No problems whatsoever until the update occurred on the 15th.  I am using an android phone Moto E with Android version 5.1.  I am getting really frustrated, just about ready to just write the bloody number on my calendar and forget this stupid software since obviously Fitbit doesn't care that its not working for One.  grrrrrrrrr

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree.. They should not be asking for warranty information due to it
being a app problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just heard back from fitbit support and apparently they consider my issue solved since my One is working with the older version of the app.  I'm concerned that they find uninstalling the current app and finding an old one on a third party website is an acceptable resolution.  Really?  Are they that desperate to make people give up their Ones?  We can't all wear a tracker on our wrists!  I think they're making a mistake!

Best Answer

Everything was fine until two days ago.  Now it won't sync.  At all.  What happened????  Grrrrr.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Snowyday, Read posts numbers 4 and 6 above for the workaround.  You will need to use an earlier version of the app as the new version does not appear to be supporting the Fitbit One anymore.

Best Answer

So my One was working perfectly with the old version of the app, but of course it automatically updated again overnight and I'm back to square one.  How do I turn off updates for just the fitbit app?  I couldn't find a place for that choice on my phone and uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times per day isn't a viable solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Thanks for the info... unfortunately, I am forced to throw my FitBit One in the garbage. I've uninstalled the updated app on my Galaxy S7, got the previous version from 3rd party, still no sync. Did this twice yesterday. Today, I tried syncing to laptop, but FitBit Connect didn't work, so uninstalled & reinstalled twice... yet FitBit Connect won't start up on my Windows7 laptop - so I can't sync that way either. Tried with the phone again... install/uninstall/install/uninstall... and still no sync. I've spent too much time trying to sync my former tracker. Good luck to the rest of you FitBit One owners.... it was great tracker, until FitBit stopped supporting it (probably in the hopes of forcing us to buy their ugly wristband versions). If I want a bracelet, I'll buy jewels, not a fitness tracker. So, I'm closing my FitBit account and will spend my time shopping for a NON - F!T $ h ! t

Best Answer
0 Votes

So... I getting ready to give up on Fitbit altogether.  Has anyone found another product (without wristband) that you are happy with?  A substitute for the One?  

Best Answer

Happy trails to you.. Keep up the exercise no matter what device you are using. 

Best Answer
0 Votes