Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One stopped syncing after last Fitbit Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I allowed my phone to update to the latest fitbit software app.  After that the my Fitbit One does not stay synched. I have tried to reset the Fitbit three times in a row by plugging into dongle and holding down button 12 seconds. No effect.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone and turned bluetooth off and on with no effect.  I had no problems before that. If I remove the One from my account and add it again it will then synch, but in an hour or so it stops. I am using an android phone (ZTE N9518) with Android version 5.1.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

It's amazing how companies like Fitbit spare no expense to create a new customer and create product loyalty, then simply stand back as their existing client base stumbles out the back door because of poor customer service.  I like my Fitbit One, but my overall Fitbit experience has been poor.  Good customer service is key to success.  Happy customers buy again (eventually), help to grow the client base through the giving of gifts, word of mouth advertising, etc.  It's really hard to connect the dots on this one.

Best Answer

I don't think that they are going to find a fix. I tend to agree with others that Fitbit is simply going to faze out the Zip and One and try to force everyone to go to the wrist products which I ain't gonna do so.... its time to research a new product darn it.  I like this one except for the crappy customer service.

Best Answer

Every company seems to be focusing on the wrist worn trackers right now.  I'd think someone would want to expand their products to the market who can't wear a tracker on their wrist yet still wants a quality product?  I'm really confused at how many companies are producing identical products and fitbit discontinues the product they had that was different?  I own a business and I've never once considered a marketing campaign to proclaim I'm just like all my competitors!  lol

Best Answer
Best Answer

Garmin has another model which has the option of moving on to ta clip as well.

@PensiveoneThat Garmin clip is for the Vivofit 1 or 2. You should also check the more recent Vivofit 3 or 4. 

Vivofit3 has a clip, it is waterproof so you can wear it swimming, and it has a year battery life and costs $60 less than the Alta (and thus $80 less than the Alta HR). It doesn't count stairs, however, but then neither does the Alta.

The new Vivofit4 has always-on display, which is irrelevant when worn in a pocket, and it doesn't yet have a clip. I asked their support if it was going to, and they didn't know. But it does a whole lot of things the Alta doesn't do and is definitely less expensive, again with a year of battery life.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Thanks!!!  This is really helpful!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you, but my syncing problems began earlier this week, and I'm an iOS user.  Nothing to do with Android.  

Best Answer

Thanks for coming back @snowyday! Oh, I see. I would like you to confirm that you've tried this iOS syncing troubleshoot. Also, double check that you have the latest version of the app which is 2.44.2. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Success!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!

Best Answer

This is pretty funny.  After working with support and clearly explaining that my One won't sync with android since the 2.64 update although it worked perfectly with 2.63 and Windows and ios, this is what I received in response:

We are pleased to continue working with you today regarding the syncing difficulties that you are experiencing after the update of the mobile app. We want nothing more than for you to enjoy the Fitbit in a calm and secure way. Let us work together on this.

After carefully reviewing our back-end tools,  we noticed that you used different devices to sync your tracker. Our record shows that the tracker is successfully syncing with you windows. Therefore, the iOS and Android devices that you used to sync aren't running the latest version. Fitbit occasionally releases free feature enhancements and bug fixes for your tracker through firmware updates and app updates, in that way we can avoid issue as syncing difficulties. We suggest to update the Fitbit app to the latest version. To do so, please follow: 

To update the Fitbit app on your iOS to a newer version, you just need to do the following:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eye roll 

and they wonder why people get frustrated & leave?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @hiachiro! I'm sorry for the experience you've had with our Support team. This bug was found on Friday and if you were talking with them before, this may be why they didn't know about it. However, Fitbit is already working to resolve this syncing issue since the 2.64 update. 

Welcome to the Community @Jemcelroy! Rest assure that our team is already working on this issue. 

Your patience and understanding is appreciated. 

Best Answer

Syncing issues for Android users after the 2.64 app update has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

I will be closing this thread for further responses. For anyone experiencing syncing issues please see this article. If you are still experiencing syncing issues with your flex, please start a new thread. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer