Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of July 24th my Fitbit One quit syncing to my Fitbit account.  I see from other discussions that possibly Fitbit is no longer supporting the One.  I use my steps to receive health check points at work to receive credit toward my medical premiums.  Is there a way we can request Fitbit to bring back the syncing process for the Fitbit One.  I don't want a smart watch.  I want my trusty Fitbit One to sync to my account!

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

My problem exactly! I love my One and don't wear to wear a Fitbit as a watch. I assumed my link had broken somehow, as I didn't realise anyone else was having problems. Hope that someone can please help with this.

Best Answer

Fitbit still supports the One and has not disabled the ability to sync. 

Without knowing which phones your asking about I suggest this document. 

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Best Answer
I have tried all the remedies to get it to sync,  including resetting the One, restarting my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7). Un-installing the app and setting it all up again. But still it won't sync - and the app now says it cannot find my device!Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
I have tried all the remedies to get it to sync,  including resetting the One, restarting my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7). Un-installing the app and setting it all up again. But still it won't sync - and the app now says it cannot find my device!
Best Answer

Why did you tell Fitbit that you don't want to use the One? This is the easiest way to add more problems. We still need to fix the sync issue which is keeping the app from communicating with the tracker. 

Thank you for adding the phone model. 

Have you tried clearing the phones cache and apps data? Restarted. Better yet shutdown the phone. 

Best Answer

@Vic13 I also have a Fitbit One and a Samsung phone. Infrequently, it won't sync, whenever it happens, I just turn off Bluetooth, then hit sync, then the app will ask me if I want to turn on Bluetooth, it does, and syncs again. This has *fixed* me probably a dozen times. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Vic13, I've done all the same with an iPhone XS. Good to know that it's not just iPhones. Must be Fitbit Ones. I posted in a couple other strings so I won't repost what I said here. Sorry to hear that you are among us - definitely not a case of misery loves company. 😕

Best Answer

VTOneFit, I want mine to sync too but am giving up. Unless the tech department decides to fix it....

I'm ordering the new Inspire with a clip-on case. It's a cheap model so not so bad. 🙂

I'm in too many challenges and losing days! I'm self-employed so I don't get the benefit rewards. I love the Community rewards!

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE:

Apparently I was NOT restarting my ONE correctly and that made all the difference. I went out and checked to make sure that I was doing it correctly and found that I needed to insert it into my charging dongle, then hold the button for 10-12 seconds (which turns it off); remove it and press the button for 2-3 seconds to turn it back on. Then I returned to connecting my device and it gave me the 4-digit code and all worked.

Now to figure out how to get the correct display back; my steps, stair count, etc. have disappeared; all I have left is the cal count which the only thing that I really don't pay attention to of course! 🙂 lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it worked @Texassunshine 

Restart instructions can easily be found by tapping on the help link below. 

For future, removing a tracker because of a sync issue will only add more issues. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit stopped syncing to my Apple 8 phone two days ago.  I have tried turning my phone on and off. Turning my Bluetooth on and off.  And deleted my One tracker from my app.  Now the app will not recognize the One device at all.  Just keeps “searching” for the One.  Now what?

Best Answer

Have you removed the One from your phones bluetooth? 

Why did you tell Fitbit you do not want to use the One of you are trying to make it sync? Removing it will not fix anything. 

Best Answer

This is exactly the same problem as I've been having, except my phone is a Samsung S7. I have tried every suggested remedy but without success. 

Best Answer

It was an attempt to reinstate the One, as suggested by someone. Unfortunately it hasn't helped. Rookie error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit One stopped syncing too.  I restarted my phone and reset my One multiple times over the last 24 hours.  It also wouldn't sync via the USB plug.  Then, all of a sudden, it just synced.  No clue why.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have S7 also and mine us doing same and also same messages.

Customer isn't any help, they suggest exactly all the same things we've already tried to fit it.  Then suggest I get an updated new model, really!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did exactly all the same as you, same thing only showing calories. 

Which I dont use either.  Seems a lot of us have the same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi folks,

First, I'd like to say that I still use my Fitbit One everyday and it continues to sync just fine.  So while I won't question that a number of you have had problems syncing, it's not because Fitbit has pulled support from it.

To that end, I'd like to make a few observations and suggestions:

• @njsas, while adding your tracker back to your account will work for syncing, I'm pretty sure that you don't have to remove the tracker from your account first.  It'll prompt you to remove it, but if you don't successfully add the new tracker, the older one is not removed.
  • When rebooting your Fitbit One, I'd hold the button down closer to 20 seconds (instead of the 12 listed).  You should see the firmware ('FITBIT 6.64') when you press the button after a successful reboot it.  If you didn't, you didn't wait long enough.
  • The USB charging cable is just that, a charging cable.  The Fitbit does not sync through that cable.
  • Syncing may be affected by other nearby Bluetooth devices (since they operate in the same frequency).  You may want to go somewhere there are no other devices around...  Like try syncing when you just parked your car in a parking structure.  Once it gets going, it's normally pretty well behaved.
  • You may also install the Fitbit App on Windows 10.  If your computer has the appropriate bluetooth hardware, it should sync as well.
  • You can still use the Fitbit dongle that came with your One to sync.  However, you'll need to set that mode in the Windows 10 Fitbit App (it's buried under advanced settings) or use Fitbit Connect.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit won't sync with my iphone and it continues to say "No device found."  The only syncing I have been able to do since 8:30 PM on Monday has been through USB plug.  And there is a delay with that.

Best Answer
0 Votes