Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of July 24th my Fitbit One quit syncing to my Fitbit account.  I see from other discussions that possibly Fitbit is no longer supporting the One.  I use my steps to receive health check points at work to receive credit toward my medical premiums.  Is there a way we can request Fitbit to bring back the syncing process for the Fitbit One.  I don't want a smart watch.  I want my trusty Fitbit One to sync to my account!

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

The BLE driver on my Fitbit One crashes almost daily. The only way to restart the BLE driver is to reboot the device. This is an inconvenience. I think that there is something in my daily environment that is attempting to connect to my Fitbit One and use the weak security to install #malware on the device which can then be used as a trusted entry point to my smartphone or desktop. It would be nice (and good security) if BLE could be turned on/off through the hardware button. That way BLE wouldn't be announcing my presence wherever I went or clogging the Bluetooth spectrum. BLE announcements can be used to track individuals as they revisit a store or to track an individual as they navigate within a store. I look forward to the next version of the firmware that addresses these #privacy and #security concerns.

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately that didn't work for me. I've tried everything to get to sync with my Samsung tablet. I'll try it on my phone to see if that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

This article worked for me.  My Fitbit One is now syncing.  Hope it helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped suddenly syncing a few days ago and I have tried all the above suggestions and none work 😞 I will still use it but will not be able to record any tacking 😞  It seems strange that more then one stopped syncing in the last week or so. OMG, I just went out to look at something on my vehicle and when I used the phone to take a pic, it was in the Fitbit App and was syncing. I hope it carries on and does not pull the can't sync thing again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Fitbit One does sync with my PC, though.  Then, when I open my phone app, it syncs with the PC.  But it's a pain to have to do this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting works for me, but only one time.  Next time I want to sync with my phone, it again cannot find the tracker and I have to repeat the procedure.  Not good.

Best Answer

I thought yahoo when it synced but like you once only :-(.  I will just keep it going and look at it periodically but I am not going to go for another Fitbit although they did send me a wrist one when my original Fitbit One was destroyed by accident.  I am using a 2nd hand One at the moment. I don't like using a wrist tracker as I have a very nice watch and the One is discreet.

Best Answer
I feel the same way.  I'll not use a wrist tracker.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

My Fitbit one stopped syncing with my iPhone Xr after the app update on 8/17. 

It still syncs with my iPad ( which did not have an app update). 

I believe the problem is in the app update. ( I have reset all devices multiple times) 

i tried a live chat but got cut off and couldn’t find a way to resume 

Best Answer
I agree.  The app update seems to be the problem.  The people at Fitbit don't seem to understand this.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I have the same problem.  This is horrible!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surprise, surprise! There was an update to the Android app and suddenly the syncing problem goes away. And the stunning silence from fitbit tells everything that we already knew. Somebody screwed up in development and testing. And nobody is willing to step forward and take responsibility.

Best Answer

OMG,  I just saw this post.  My FITBIT app just did a big update and after reading this I went to see if it would sync and blow me down it is now. I was still using mine even if it was not syncing with anything because I did not have the heart to ditch it while it was still counting my steps.  Now to see if they listen to what a huge umber of the public want and bring back a clip-on.  Well one can but hope 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 8/30/19 update appeared on my phone yesterday and it has been syncing most of the times since then.  I hope it continues.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Fitbit app used to auto sync everyday. It stopped syncing on the 23rd of August 2019 and since then, I have to manually restart the fitbit one every evening for the sync to work and grab the data in the app. I tried unpairing the device, restarting my phone, ...

I suspected a software conflict and now that I've seen how many people have the same problem, I'm almost glad, because I was worried that it would be my phone's Bluetooth or the device itself flagging. As far as I can tell, I haven't had the latest app update, fingers crossed that it happens soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Question,  do you people have it always connected on your phone(I don't have that option turned on)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have it always connected.  I sync manually.

Best Answer

Yes, I have been syncing manually so wondered if that was the thing to do.  I know it does warn connecting all the time takes up battery.  So I will continue as I have been going.  I changed to a new desktop and my dongle does not sync anymore or give me an opting to use it and I am not sure how to set that up but I can use the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I may be stating the obvious, but you have to have the current Fitbit app for your computer as well as using the dongle.  This afternoon, my computer has not been syncing.  I get a "server error - we're working on it" message from Fitbit.  They can't seem to get their act together. So glad my phone is syncing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did orginally and still have the app by going through the internet, but when the computer crashed big time the original (which had a its own shortcut and sync option was no longer there).  And I am not sure how to set it all up as it was along time ago. Even when I googled it, I couldn't get it work.

Best Answer
0 Votes